Brookdale Wayne

Reviews of Brookdale Wayne

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Wayne

May 25, 2018

By David

Brookdale Wayne was very nice, and the people were very impressive. The manager was a very nice person. The ambiance was pretty nice, but not quite as warm in appearance as where my father is staying. The rooms were pretty standard and small, motel-room size, with a bathroom with a seat so they can sit while taking a shower and lots of handrails everywhere. There's also a window to the outside so the rooms seemed pretty nice. Some of the rooms had their own little kitchenette with a microwave oven and a little refrigerator.

March 31, 2018

By Donna

I really like Brookdale Wayne. My parents are adjusting well. We haven't had any problems so far. They go out monthly to a local restaurant and they also have Bingo and cooking classes. The residents cannot participate in cooking, and I was hoping they'd have an interactive activity, but instead they just watch the person cook. They serve three meals a day, but the food could be improved. They also do their laundry for them. I have no problems with the staff at all and we've had good communication. Everybody's pleasant.

June 06, 2017

By visitor276182

Brookdale Wayne was very nice and clean, but we needed independent living. We went to a couple of rooms, and they were nice. It was a very convenient place.

December 03, 2016

By anonymous800325

I love Brookdale. They're very good, very professional, very caring, and love their jobs. The food is very good. It's 20 minutes away, and the price is comparable to others. My husband has been there for a month, and I'm very happy. I would recommend the place.

May 10, 2016

By MariaSKJXC

We visited Brookdale Wayne for my mother. Everybody was very nice. The rooms were small but clean and nice.

April 13, 2016

By Janet126890850

Brookdale Wayne is wonderful for assisted living but the people with dementia are kind of put in a more restricted space than where my husband is now. The rooms were very nice; you couldn’t ask for nicer, like a very nice hotel. The people were also very nice.

March 04, 2016

By Ken115484150

I visited Brookdale Wayne. The place was very dark. I was taken around by one woman, and she was quite good. The main floor was very dark where the dining room and lounge were. It was hard to tell about the rooms because the place was being renovated. There were some activities going on.

September 10, 2015

By Bambiii

I visited my mom and always find her smiling she is always telling me she loves it here and how it's changed her life knowing at home she would have nobody to take care of her hands on needy problems other than me. She is always telling me about her favorite worker Mina or mini was the name and how she runs to help and put a smile on everyone's face and visits often on her free time this just comes to show that this place is an environmentally happy place where workers enjoy to be at. Who would come to work on their day off and hug and visit residents?? The food and everything is great! I am happy knowing my mom is in a safe happy place.

August 22, 2015

By Pandora3

This facility recently became Brookdale (from Emeritus). Since that time the food service has declined dramatically and the cable tv has been limited to what must be basic service (previously hallmark, food ,hgtv were available). Some of the staff are excellent and caring. Unfortunately, that can not be said for all.

October 25, 2014

It is very nice. There are a lot of things for them to do, and they get three meals a day. They give them a little activity calendar, so she is very happy there. But I think they need to improve a little bit like the entrance way should be kept a little better and more updated. They should put an overhang outside so when you are putting back and its pouring rain, there’s a way to get that person with a walker to the car without trying to be under an umbrella. Some places I originally looked up long ago had something like that. I have never eaten there, but she is always happy with the food; she says it’s good, and sometimes she complains but we are happy with it.

October 16, 2014

By Ed26

Mom is in here and we get Medicaid. If you’re there for two years, you then get priority to those beds and the distance from my husband was something important. I wanted the minority of the beds to be Medicaid beds. It was pretty much what I pictured. My mom is Jewish, and they had a Rabbi coming in once a week, so that told us there was enough to use there. I like best is the people that I met: the executive director, director, customer relations, and Wendy the nurse. The room and dining room is really nice, and it is well-designed. Mom is engaged with their activities, and they have bingo every day. They’re focusing on having fun while they do their jobs because if they have fun, they set the tone. The atmosphere is warm. It was friendly; they give head ups of what my mother’s character is like, and they knew exactly how to respond to her and make a big deal whether she came in. Other’s just didn’t do that. My mom couldn’t have been happier. The room was fine, extremely clean, extremely fine quality. and no smells or anything like that.

August 28, 2014

It was nice. It was very much like all the other ones, but what impressed me was that my mother wanted a large room, and they had a 600-square-foot room suite for her, so that's what I took for her. The staff seemed very nice. Also, I like this one because it is 5 minutes from my house. The place was spacious. The outside ground was not big, but my mother is 90 and she is not going outside too much. Security was fine. They had someone at the desk there all the time.

May 29, 2014

I had my mom here. We like everything about this facility, and that is the reason why we chose it. She has a studio room, and that is adequate for her. She has a little kitchenette, and it has a nice view. We love the staff. They are very nice.

May 10, 2014

The rooms are very nice. They had different setup where each section had some sort of theme to it, like farm setting or something distinctive. The staff all seemed to be very competent.

March 29, 2014

By Caring80206250

It was fantastic. It was a very friendly environment. The staff was very nice and helpful. They were also informative. The room and apartment were very nice, as well as the dining facility. They had a lot of activities. They had exercise class and social programs.

March 27, 2014

By John81171950

My dad is in here. It is a very nice and up-beat community. The environment is nice, and there is nice feel to the place. Everybody in the front door office, the staff, and the people in the wellness center are very helpful and caring. The residents there seem happy. The rooms all look good.There are a nice size, clean, and bright. My dad has a studio, and it is a a decent size for him. I had lunch there, and the food is good. They have activities like movies, crafts, and different things that they do. On the second floor, they do cooking and exercising. I think they need probably more transportation over the week for the residents.

Photos of Brookdale Wayne

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Wayne

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Wayne

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Wayne