Wayne, NJ is home to 53,369 residents, of whom 19.2% are ages 65 and older. Seniors here have access to leading-edge health care services at St. Joseph’s Wayne Hospital. High-ranking Chilton Medical Center in Pompton Plains is less than 4 miles away as well.

Nursing homes provide around-the-clock supervision, medical care and personal services for people who can longer manage at home. Skilled nurses, nursing assistants, specialists, therapists and social workers coordinate services according to each resident’s needs. Such extensive care makes nursing homes cost more than other senior living arrangements. Nursing home costs in Wayne are quite expensive, according to the Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey. Here, a semiprivate room carries an average monthly cost of $11,771, compared to the average American cost of only $7,756. Individuals who do not require such high levels of support may consider home health care or assisted living as a more affordable and suitable alternative.

This guide discusses the costs of nursing home care in Wayne and throughout the state. It also compares rates for different senior care options. Finally, it lists local resources for the city’s seniors and their families.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Wayne, NJ

2021

Regency Gardens Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

296 Hamburg Turnpike, Wayne, NJ, 07470

I enjoyed talking to the nursing staff at Regency Gardens. Everyone is very nice and kind. I enjoyed participating and observing the morning and afternoon activities. I enjoyed everything that was off … (read more)

Llanfair House Care & Rehabilitation Center

1140 Black Oak Ridge Road , Wayne, NJ, 07470

My mother is in the Llanfair Care and Rehabilitation Center dementia ward. The nurses are caring. They’re limited to one floor because the dementia patients are a flight risk, but they go down for phy … (read more)

Preakness Healthcare Center

305 Oldham Road, Wayne, NJ, 07470

My Mother-in-Law Amelia C. was a Resident for 4 years. We were SO Happy we chose PH for her. After 4 years in our home, a mini stroke and the onset of Alzheimer’s made our decision to find a place … (read more)

Lakeview Subacute Care Center

130 Terhune Drive, Wayne, NJ, 07470

Not sure who I am more angry with this facility or Aetna. My sister was admitted here after being denied multiple times by Aetna for the facility the hospital staff recommended. During Covid sent her … (read more)

CareOne at Wayne

493 Black Oak Ridge Road, Wayne, NJ, 07470

Everything was wonderful when my loved one stayed there! Staff very attentive and pleasant.

Oak Ridge Rehabilitation & Nc

261 TERHUNE DRIVE, Wayne, NJ, 07470

We were able to put my father in Oak Ridge for a couple of weeks before he passed away. The facility was close. They were very accommodating. The facility was quiet. It wasn’t loud, and it was very ca … (read more)

Spring Hills Post Acute Wayne

1120 Alps Road, Wayne, NJ, 07470

This place is disgusting ever since taken over by Spring Hills. My mother is here and today as I was visiting her, she wanted to go lay down on her bed and take a nap. When taking her from the whee … (read more)

Atrium Post Acute Care of WayneView

2020 State Route 23, Wayne, NJ, 07470

My husband is a resident and has been there for 2 years. It looks very nice but don’t be fooled! I have wanted to move him for a long time but he was in a facility that was even worse so I am afraid … (read more)

2013

Cedar Crest

4 Cedar Crest Village Drive , Pompton Plains, NJ, 07444

CareOne at Morris

200 Mazdabrook Road, Parsippany, NJ, 07054

My dad has been in CareOne at Morris for about a month now. He’s in their nursing home for rehab. The food is not very good. The care by the nurses and aides is good, but the doctors are very slow to … (read more)

JDT Villa

521 Pine Brook Rd, Lincoln Park, NJ, 07035

My husband was at JDT The Villa for 3 months and while he was there we encountered experienced, compassionate, professional people who encouraged both of us during his stay. Michael, (PT Therapists), … (read more)

Daughters Of Miriam Center

155 HAZEL STREET, Clifton, NJ, 07015

Have employees on quarantine because of Corona Virus and did not notify anyone of families or other personnel. also 2 SUSPECTED cases of Positive in patients

Crane’s Mill

459 Passaic Avenue, West Caldwell, NJ, 07006

My husband was at Cranes mill for almost 4 weeks and neither of us can say enough good things about the facility. The staff was the best I’ve ever dealt with. I have a health care background and have … (read more)

Green Hill

103 Pleasant Valley Way, West Orange, NJ, 07052

For anyone who needs to find QUALITY care for their loved one in the West Essex / northern NJ area, please – for the sake of your loved one AND you – just go straight to Green Hill. My father was neg … (read more)

St Vincent’s Nursing Home

315 East Lindsley Road, Cedar Grove, NJ, 07009

St Vincent’s Nursing Home was wonderful. The rooms were big and well kept. I was only there twice. They had a lot of stuff for my relative to do. The staff was very accommodating. As far as care for h … (read more)

Doctors Subacute Care

59 Birch Street , Paterson, NJ, 07522

Neg stars horrible experience here expressed my concerns and got a bs apology everytime and still same things keep happening would never recommend this place to anyone NOT EVEN MY ENEMIES

Christian Health Care Center

301 Sicomac Ave, Wyckoff, NJ, 07481

My aunt was admitted to short term rehab after a fall. She was sent for rehabilitation so she could return home stronger after a few weeks. Christian Health is not a rehab facility. They over medi … (read more)

Health Center At Bloomingdale

255 Union Avenue , Bloomingdale, NJ, 07403

Health Center at Bloomingdale is excellent. It’s modern looking from the outside. The inside could use some newcarpeting though, but that’s about it. The staff is excellent and I like the level of car … (read more)

Oakland Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

20 Breakneck Road, Oakland, NJ, 07436

Our loved one entered this facility at end of life on hospice care. Although the facility itself was clean enough, the staff left a lot to be desired. Our family member was not cared for or treated … (read more)

Lakeland Health Care Center

25 Fifth Ave, Haskell, NJ, 07420

I’ve been in Lakeland Health Care Center nursing for almost 2 years now. I finished my rehabilitation and then the pandemic hit so now everyone’s trying to get out of here. I had an accident just ove … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Wayne, NJ

Nursing home semiprivate rooms in Wayne cost an average of $11,771 per month. Private rooms cost an average of $12,927.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Using monthly average rates of nursing home semiprivate rooms for reference, costs in Wayne exceed the national average by over $4,000. Wayne’s costs are about $500 above New Jersey’s statewide average as well.

Wayne is among the most expensive areas in New Jersey for nursing home care. Rooms in this city run $820 higher than costs in the Vineland area. Nursing home accommodations in Wayne are approximately $990 pricier than in the Trenton area. Wayne’s rates soar almost $2,500 above those of seniors in the Atlantic City area, too. However, Poughkeepsie area residents pay about $1,980 more on average than those in Wayne.

$11771

Poughkeepsie Area

$10950

Vineland Area

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Families with seniors in Wayne may find it helpful to compare costs of nursing homes and other senior care arrangements to determine the best placement for their aging loved one. The most economical option is adult day health care, which carries a monthly cost of $1,950 on average. Home care and home health care are about $3,000 higher, each having a median rate of $4,957 per month. Assisted living is approximately $1,000 more than home services in this city, costing an average of $5,991 monthly. Nursing homes are the most expensive accommodation with an average price of $11,771 for a semiprivate room and $12,927 for a private room per month.

$4957

Adult day health care

$5991

Assisted living

$11771

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$12927

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Wayne was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, New York Area, NY, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Wayne, NJ

Free Resources for Seniors in Wayne, NJ

The following resources are available to help meet the medical, social and financial needs of Wayne’s seniors and their caregivers. These services may enable elders to age at home and delay early or unnecessary entry into a nursing home. If nursing home care becomes the best option, seniors have access to guidance and support as a long-term care facility resident.

Resource

Contact

Service

Passaic County’s Department of Senior Services is an Aging & Disability Resource Connection that provides and coordinates information, in-home evaluations, care management and benefits screenings. It facilitates access to home and community-based programs and nursing facility placement. Services include home health aides, housekeeping, transportation, legal services and social opportunities. Nutrition education, home-delivered and congregate meals are also available. Donations are welcome, but access to services does not depend on the ability to contribute.

(973) 694-1800, ext. 3281

Wayne Health Department’s Social Services administers NJ/SHARES, the state’s energy assistance program, which helps income-eligible individuals pay their electric and gas bills. This office also runs the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) which provides free, unbiased assistance and guidance on Medicare benefits and claims, long-term care insurance, supplemental medical policies and other health insurance concerns.

The NJLTCO accepts complaints made by or on behalf of long-term care facility residents regarding quality of care, violation of rights and safety. Field investigators/advocates make regular and unannounced visits to ensure that residents’ rights are being upheld. This agency also coordinates the I Choose Home NJ Program, which helps long-term care facility residents move back into the community with free or low-cost in-home supports.