28 Assisted Living Facilities near Cedar Grove, NJ
There are 28 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cedar Grove area, with 2 in Cedar Grove and 26 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 250 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cedar Grove. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cedar Grove 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cedar Grove, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Cedar Grove, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cedar Grove
Originally started as a farming community along what was known as Horseneck Track, the township of Cedar Grove is a quiet community with more than 3,000 residents aged 65 and over. Cedar Grove has two assisted living facilities to accommodate these seniors, along with 25 more located in nearby areas. These facilities are officially designated as Assisted Living Residences, Comprehensive Personal Care Homes and Assisted Living Programs in Cedar Grove and throughout the state, all of which are licensed by New Jersey's Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cedar Grove
- While Essex County, where Cedar Grove is located, gets a passing grade for annual particle pollution from the American Lung Association, the county gets a D for ozone pollution. High ozone days can be a serious health risk, so seniors might want to check local levels before venturing outside.
- Cedar Grove gets warm summers and cold winters. In January, average low temperatures drop to 20 degrees, so seniors in the area may want to make sure they are clothed properly before going outside. Temperatures in summer reach an average July high of 85 degrees.
- The overall cost of living in Cedar Grove is high compared to both the state and rest of the country. It's 68.5 points higher than the national average of 100 and 35.9 points higher than the New Jersey average of 132.6. This may make it difficult for seniors and their families to afford assisted living expenses in the township.
- Several forms of retirement income are not subject to state taxes in New Jersey, including Social Security benefits, railroad retirement and military pensions. These policies may make it easier for some seniors in Cedar Grove to afford assisted living. State and federal government pensions are taxable.
- Public transportation, with reduced fares for seniors, is available in Cedar Grove on NJ Transit System buses. The 11 bus provides service to Newark, and the 195 bus goes to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan.
- Cedar Grove has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Wayne.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cedar Grove
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Cedar Grove start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cedar Grove and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cedar Grove
In Cedar Grove, New Jersey, assisted living is covered by Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cedar Grove
Cedar Grove and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cedar Grove, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cedar Grove
Cedar Grove-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Cedar Grove, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cedar Grove
Review of Waterview Center
Waterview Center is nice. It's not a bad place to be. The only thing I don't like is on account of this virus they're not letting anybody out of their room. You can't go outside. I just feel confin... Read more
Review of Waterview Center
Waterview Center is fine. I have no complaints, and I found it to be a good place for my aunt. They have all kinds of activities, the staff is very helpful, very kind, and very supportive. Her room... Read more