20 Assisted Living Facilities near Wayne, NJ
Also serving communities of Pompton Plains, Fairfield, Haskell.
There are 20 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wayne area, with 3 in Wayne and 17 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Wayne is $4,982 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 182 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wayne. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wayne 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cedar Grove with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Wayne find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wayne, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Wayne, NJ
17 Assisted Living Facilities near Wayne, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wayne
The township of Wayne is located in Passaic County, New Jersey, just 20 miles from midtown Manhattan. The city, which is home to William Paterson University, has over 55,000 people with 17.9 percent of the population over the age of 65. Seniors can choose from three assisted living facilities in town and 16 in the surrounding area. These communities are licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services and are defined as either assisted living residences, comprehensive personal care homes or assisted living programs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wayne
- The cost of living in Wayne is 56.4 percent higher than the U.S. average, which may make it difficult for seniors on a budget to live here. Housing is the biggest factor for this, but transportation costs also come in well above average. Grocery and health care are comparable to national medians.
- Winters in Wayne can be quite cold, reaching lows of 20 degrees Fahrenheit in January. This may affect seniors who enjoy outdoor activities. Summers are warm and humid with highs of 84 degrees. Rainfall is above average at 50 inches per year, and snowfall averages just under the national median at 23 inches annually.
- New Jersey is a moderately tax-friendly state, as it does not tax Social Security benefits. Taxes on income from retirement accounts and pensions are generally low if the income is below a certain amount, which could leave more money for seniors to put towards assisted living.
- Wayne is safer than 31 percent of U.S. cities, and a majority of crimes are nonviolent, so seniors can feel safe living here. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being high crime, violent crime scored a low 19.3, and property crime was slightly higher at 34.3.
- Public transportation is limited in Wayne, but the town does provide a senior citizens bus for seniors who don’t drive. The bus has two different routes around town.
- Wayne has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Wayne Township Senior Citizen Advisory Committee, an organization that provides services and transportation to seniors, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wayne
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Wayne start around $4,928 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wayne and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wayne
Seniors looking for financial aid for assisted living in Wayne may apply through New Jersey's Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports program. In addition, the PAAD program also provides services not covered by Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wayne
Wayne and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wayne, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wayne
Wayne-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Wayne, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wayne
Review of Brookdale Wayne
My mother moved into Brookdale Wayne, and so far, it's been really good. We're there quite a bit, and they've been very caring. When I go there I don't find it depressing, and I interact more with ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Wayne
When my mother first arrived at Brookedale the staff was amazing. About a year in and the entire staff turned over and it has never been the same. Quality of care or lack of, food has gone downhi... Read more
Review of Brookdale Wayne
Brookdale Wayne was pretty nice. I don't have anything negative to say about it except that it was too expensive. The person during the tour was very nice, very cooperative, and understood our need... Read more