Christian Health Care Center Wyckoff, NJ

Offers Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Adult Day Care

301 Sicomac Ave, Wyckoff, NJ 07481
Christian Health Care Center (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Christian Health Care Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Christian Health Care Center

September 26, 2015

By Caring111934950

My mother is in the Christian Health Care Center, and so far they've been very good with her. She also has a private aide round-the-clock. It was recommended to us and we're satisfied. It's pretty nice. They seem to have a lot of people to take care of them. It's very well staffed, and the food seems to be quite good. Her meds are usually on time and she receives her medication adequately. She has been there for about a month and a half now.

July 13, 2015

By TrueChristian

Facility clean - staffed well - large, spread out, multiple building facility. This seemed like a good place for my mother for her short term rehab. Large facility, multiple employees on all levels. After the facility was being sold to us and how wonderful it was, the administrator originally showing us around came back with a "well, we're not sure if we have enough beds, it may be a good idea to check other facilities..." etc., My mother had multiple issues. Many folks usually do that go there. Told the medical director was on vacation so we couldn't take her almost made me laugh. You have so many employees, multi-million dollar facility and you have one guy that can make or break a decision. And everything you were saying it could handle, in fact could not. Or is it that there were enough patience with less needed care that could fill the beds... Tsk Tsk.... Not very Christian of you now is it. Shame on you.

February 18, 2015

By Anonymous92222050

My grandmother was at Christian Health Care 10 years ago, and it was wonderful. The place was clean. It did not smell of urine. It was beautiful. They cared for her very well. When I visited the facility recently, it was clean, but it smelled of urine, and that bothered me. They had activities like arts and crafts. I think they should improve their carpeting and the smell.

October 19, 2011

By Marie Van Blarcom

I have lived in Wyckoff almost my whole life. Two years ao I had a stroke and needed rehab services. I had never given much thought to hospitals or rehab facilities. When the hospital social worker came to my room and asked what rehab facility I wanted to go to I made the mistake of just asking if they had any in Wyckoff. I went to Wyckoff Christian on a Monday and the first few days everything seemed fine. I noticed that they had a lot of religious programs and how almost the whole staff wore crosses, but I didn't think anything of it. I was given physical therapy every day and the food seemed decent. Everything was great until Sunday when they have no activities that don't revolve around Jesus. Apparently they are very relgious and they don't have any activies on Sunday that aren't religiously based. I was miserable. If you are looking for a lot of religion then it is a good facility, but if you aren't relgious then run away from Wyckoff Christian Health Care.

October 14, 2011

By Laura F1

In July 2011 I fell down a flight of stairs. In my fall I broke my right wrist and my right leg. I couldn't go back home until I could walk on my leg and take care of myself. So at the age of 43 I signed myself into an a nursing home for 8 weeks. It was the worst 8 weeks of my life. While I had a broken leg and wrist I could still do a lot of things for myself, but needed help doing other things. I learned first hand how hard it is to be a nurses aid, how little they are paid and how the patients who can' speak and don't have family to speak for them don't get the care they deserve. Prior to my accident I showered daily, but at the Christian home you were bathed every other day on a schedule and over the weekend you went 3 days between bathing.My stay helped me to realize how much I need long term care insurance, to move to a first floor apartment, and to be happy that I was only stuck there for 8 weeks until I could put weight on my leg.

Nursing Home Reviews for Christian Health Care Center

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Christian Health Care Center

Photos of Christian Health Care Center

Services and Amenities of Christian Health Care Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Church Related
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Christian Health Care Center

Christian Health Care Center is a senior living provider in Wyckoff, New Jersey that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Adult Day Care. Contact Christian Health Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Christian Health Care Center