35 Assisted Living Facilities near Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Also serving communities of Park Ridge, Saddle River.
There are 35 Assisted Living Facilities in the Woodcliff Lake area, with 2 in Woodcliff Lake and 33 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Woodcliff Lake is $4,725 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,425. Cheaper nearby regions include Pearl River with an average starting cost of $4,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 295 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Woodcliff Lake. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Woodcliff Lake 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pearl River with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Woodcliff Lake, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
33 Assisted Living Facilities near Woodcliff Lake, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Woodcliff Lake
Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey was named for the man-made reservoir the town surrounds. The Woodcliff Lake area offers two parks where seniors, who comprise about 17 percent of all residents, can get take a stroll or play tennis among lakeside views. Seniors in need of assistance with daily living can choose from three facilities in town, and another 54 in towns nearby.
Assisted living facilities in New Jersey are licensed by the Department of Health and Human Services and are known as facilities that provide 24-hour support to four or more adults in a home-like setting. They emphasize independence and dignity while providing personal and health care services such as medication management and prepared meals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Woodcliff Lake
- The Woodcliff Lake area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Nyack Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The climate in Woodcliff Lake is quite average compared to the rest of the United States. Seniors can enjoy summer highs of 85 in July, though the January low temperature of 21 degrees might be too chilly for some.
- Seniors with respiratory conditions should consider how living in Woodcliff Lake may affect them. The American Lung Association gave Bergen County a failing grade for its ozone quality, which could aggravate illness and asthma in some seniors.
- Some assisted living facilities may provide senior residents with rides to and from appointments. However, there is no public fixed route bus system in Woodcliff Lake. Train service and buses into New York city do connect in this area.
- Seniors can feel quite safe and secure living in this area, due to the low crime rates. Property crime and violent crime are rated respectively at 13.1 and 11 out of 100 (one being the safest), compared to the national averages of 38.1 and 31.1.
- Seniors on a tight budget may find it difficult to afford daily necessities or quality care due to the extremely high cost of living, which is 108.2 percent higher than the national average. Woodcliff Lake’s cost of living is ranked at 208.2 compared to the national average of 100.
Paying for Assisted Living in Woodcliff Lake
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Woodcliff Lake start around $4,725 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Woodcliff Lake and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Woodcliff Lake
Low-budget seniors who are eligible for or already have Medicaid have access to the Medicaid Managed Long-Term Services and Supports (MLTSS), a managed care program that offers aid for assisted living costs. Unfortunately, the state of New Jersey does not have a state-funded program for assisted living at this time.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Woodcliff Lake
Woodcliff Lake and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Woodcliff Lake, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Woodcliff Lake
Woodcliff Lake-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Other Options in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Woodcliff Lake
Review of Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake
My mother-in-law stayed at Sunrise of Woodcliff Lake, which was very nice, but got too expensive. The apartment is nice, clean, and very well-kept. The staff and food were very good. They had music... Read more
Review of The Bristal Assisted Living at Woodcliff Lake
My husband is in the Bristal, and so far we are very happy with the arrangement. Their memory unit is much cheaper, and that is the main reason why he is there. The other reason is that the Bristal... Read more
Review of The Bristal Assisted Living at Woodcliff Lake
My mother recently stayed at Bristal for several months - unfortunately she wanted to return to her hometown, so we had to move her. As a facility, this place was fantastic - everyone should remem... Read more