Brighton Gardens of Stamford

59 Roxbury Road, Stamford, CT 06902
Brighton Gardens of Stamford (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 229 days

Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Stamford

Assisted Living Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Stamford

February 13, 2019

By JG649

Other

The place is outdated needs an overhaul. Prices are high already and then they raise your rent for no reason. Food is mediocre at best. It's clean though. No smells. Care is good when there is enough staff which doesn't happen too often. Workers look tired.

Good morning - we are sorry to hear about your experience at our community and would like to learn more. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving(dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you. - The Sunrise Team

June 30, 2016

By Jim515621

The staff at Brighton Gardens of Stamford are very good and have a good sense of community. The only negative is the place is not as nice as the other places I’ve been. They don’t have as much common space for community activities.

March 15, 2015

Brighton Gardens is very nice. It is low-scale, but very nice and very private. The apartments seemed to be nice, and the view is very nice; it is a country setting. It is nice and large. They try to provide entertainment and things for people to do. Of all the ones I have visited, their prices are a little lower. They have games and activities for seniors, and they have outside entertainment once in a while.

February 28, 2014

I moved my husband to Brighton Gardens last month. They had a beautiful wood garden outside. They have a very affordable private room with private bathroom. John's room is on the first floor. It is small but it is perfect. There are at least two caregivers in the same room with the residents and that is something fantastic. He is happy there and well taken care of. He has no memory and they tell him everything. They give him shower, he is always very clean, shaved, and his teeth brushed. I am so happy. I go there in different times to make sure every body's hands on and I hope it stays that way. He loves the food and they have fruits. The services are very clean. The tables are very neatly set. Tomorrow is Valentine's day. They are having a little party for the residents and I am invited to have dinner with them. They also had activities in the morning like chair exercise and stretching for 20 or 40 minutes. They put in music, they have some trivia questions and they divide the residents into three groups and do games. They bake cakes, do puzzles, play bingo and they play word games. Honestly, I am very happy with the service and the care. My husband is clean, safe and happy. That's what I want for him because that's what he can appreciate. They are also less expensive than the other one like almost $2,500 cheaper.

November 26, 2013

By Wendi1

I have my father in Brighton Gardens. This facility is near my home. We chose this one because the facility for memory care was a nice area within the building. Also the staff ratio seemed good. The building itself is well-maintained. The memory care area is cheerful. My father's room is nice. Their residents appeared to be happy when we visited and that is something that is important to us. They have activities for them. Overall, I'm pretty happy about this place for my father.

November 23, 2013

Brighton Gardens was less expensive than the other facility we visited. I was impressed with this facility. It looked nice, clean and very beautiful. The people there were absolutely wonderful even the fellow that runs it. They did a hard sell. However, it should be made know that it's private pay and that there's no transition to anything else. You have to start looking for another place a year before you run out of funds to go to a different place. It's tough for an elderly person who had made friends and got used to a place that they have to be booted out.

October 30, 2013

Brighton Gardens seemed like a very pleasant facility. It was clean too. The staff that we met there seemed very pleasant. However, their rooms were a little bit small compared to what my parent is used to.

April 17, 2012

By baseliner11

Brighton Gardens is really hit or miss, especially when it comes to dealing with many of their staff members. I feel like there are no full time employees as it always seems to be different people working each time I visit. However they are all trained and knowledgeable and very caring for my grandma. She has alzheimers so she appears well most of the time and because of that she does not get the attention she needs. Either me or my mother visits everyday not to do certain tasks but to maintain a presence at the facility. Other than this, the grounds are in luxurious north stamford in a quiet wooded area. Inside my grandmothers apartment is very nice and I would even live there myself if it wasn't intended for elderly people. The food is alright but the staff really needs to force my grandma to eat more because she doesn't think she's hungry.

December 08, 2011

By Donnamarie1

My grandmother lived in Brighton Gardens for 2 years. The place itself was amazingly beautiful and the experience was great. She had her own bedroom which was cute and quaint and we enjoyed bringing things to her to make her room more personal. The cost of the facility was pretty expensive though and my grandmother feared running out of money to stay there. But we assured her that if she ran out of money she'd never have to leave. She did leave when she moved to North Carolina to be with my parents, as her health had declined. The facility offered her the opportunity to be independent at the same time safe because of the staff that was always there. It was a very positive experience for her. Stamford, CT is her home town and being close to those she loved, and those relatives around her that were getting older, definitely made some of the last years of her life positive. She is now 93 years old and failing in health, but those were very good years for her at Brighton Gardens. Friends she made and connections that she kept were invaluable to her and visiting there was a thrill for all of her many grandchildren.

Memory Care Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Stamford