14 Assisted Living Facilities near Ossining, NY
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ossining area, with 1 in Ossining and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ossining is $3,670 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 89 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ossining. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ossining 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Briarcliff Manor with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ossining, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Ossining, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ossining
Ossining is a town in Westchester County that's situated on the Hudson River. Around 13.5 percent of the town's 37,600 residents are aged 65 and older, and there are two assisted living facilities that cater for them. A further 10 can be found in nearby communities, including in Haverstraw, Hawthorne and Sleepy Hollow. They're regulated by the New York State Department of Health, which licenses three types of assisted care facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ossining
- Westchester County, including Ossining, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Ossining has many venues that may please seniors interested in arts and culture. The Ossining Arts Council has a gallery that regularly hosts exhibits. The town is also home to Westchester Collaborative Theater, where seniors can enjoy a show.
- Public transport in Ossining is available through the Westchester County Bee-Line System. Seniors are eligible for discounted fares. The Bee-Line also has a curb-to-curb Paratransit service that seniors may be able to access.
- New York has high sales taxes, but the income tax system is beneficial to retirees. Social Security Income is completely tax-free, and there's a large deduction on other incomes, including private pensions and retirement funds.
- Ossining is safer than 73 percent of New York's other communities, with an overall crime rate of 7.29 crimes per 1,000 residents and Neighborhood Scout names it one of the country's Top 100 Safest Cities. Seniors concerned with their safety may find the low crime rate reassuring.
- The Ossining area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Sleepy Hollow.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ossining
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Ossining start around $4,705 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ossining and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ossining
Financial assistance is offered to residents of assisted living facilities in New York through the Assisted Living Program (ALP); however the assistance available is limited. The state also has an Optional State Supplement (OSS), which can help eligible seniors who receive Social Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ossining
Ossining and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ossining, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ossining
Ossining-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Ossining, NY
Other Options in Ossining, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ossining
Review of Atria on the Hudson
Our experience with Atria on the Hudson has been fine. These days we're unable to see my brother's room, but I think he's been happy with it. He says the food is OK, he says his room is OK, and he ... Read more
Review of Atria on the Hudson
Our experience with Atria on the Hudson has been very good. The staff is very informative, very good, they answered all our questions, and took us around. They have an indoor pool, a gym, movies ev... Read more
Review of Atria on the Hudson
Atria On The Hudson was brand new. Everything there was beautiful. It was like a resort. The rooms were very nice and they had plenty of different activities. The staff was nice, lovely, and very a... Read more