17 Assisted Living Facilities near Croton On Hudson, NY
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Croton On Hudson area, with 1 in Croton On Hudson and 16 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Croton On Hudson is $4,095 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Ossining with an average starting cost of $3,695.
To help you with your search, browse the 104 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Croton On Hudson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Croton On Hudson 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Briarcliff Manor with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Croton On Hudson, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Croton On Hudson, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Croton On Hudson
Listed as one of the best places to retire in Westchester County, Croton on Hudson is a small village located along the Hudson River and approximately an hour north from New York City. Croton offers plenty of water activities for seniors and beautiful views in the Brinton Brook Sanctuary. Seniors in Croton on Hudson who are looking for a place to retire will find one assisted living facility in the area and 38 in nearby cities like Ardsley, New City and Briarcliff Manor.
Regulated by the Department of Health, assisted living facilities in Croton on Hudson are commonly referred to as adult care facilities. These homes hold five or more individuals that require varying degrees of care, from meal planning to 24-hour nursing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Croton On Hudson
- Croton on Hudson has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Croton Caring Committee, an organization that aids the frail and elderly to help them maintain their independence as well as one senior center.
- The Croton on Hudson is home to world-class medical facilities, including the New York Presbyterian Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies of illness.
- RideConnect of Westchester County provides transportation services for seniors in Croton on Hudson for medical appointments and other daily errands. Rides must be requested in advance and are available Monday through Friday and are free for individuals 60 and older.
- Croton on Hudson is the ideal place for seniors who enjoy the cold and the snow. The town gets approximately 36 inches of snow per year with average winter lows around 21. Summer highs are around 84, which is warm enough for exploring the area.
- Crime is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high) in Croton. Property crime is ranked 26.8 in comparison to the national average of 38.1. Violent crime is ranked 26, with a national average of 31.1. This makes Croton on Hudson a relatively safe place for seniors.
- The cost of living in Croton on Hudson is 171.4, which is much higher than the national average of 100 and higher than the state's average of 129. This may be a problem for seniors who are on a tight budget.
Paying for Assisted Living in Croton On Hudson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Croton On Hudson start around $4,095 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Croton On Hudson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Croton On Hudson
Seniors who need help paying for an assisted living facility in Croton on Hudson may be eligible for the federal Medicaid waiver program. This program helps pay for comprehensive in-home care and community-based services to eligible seniors and individuals with disabilities. The state of New York does not offer assistance for low-income residents in assisted living facilities, but family supplementation is accepted to help pay for room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Croton On Hudson
Croton On Hudson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Croton On Hudson, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Croton On Hudson
Croton On Hudson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Croton On Hudson, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Croton On Hudson
Review of Bethel Springvale Inn
My father was a resident at Springvale for 20 months. He was well taken care of by an amazing , caring , confident and professional team of nurses, doctors , aides and therapists. The facility is c... Read more
Review of Bethel Springvale Inn
The facility is clean and bright. The staff is conscientious and responsive. Mom feels safe and well cared for, which is the most important thing. Read more
Review of Bethel Springvale Inn
My Mom has dementia and she lives at Bethel. The staff is wonderful, caring and compassionate. When I call they always know exactly where she is and how her day is going. They know who I am when ... Read more