25 Assisted Living Facilities near Briarcliff Manor, NY
Also serving communities of Hawthorne, Sleepy Hollow, Nyack, Armonk.
There are 25 Assisted Living Facilities in the Briarcliff Manor area, with 2 in Briarcliff Manor and 23 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Briarcliff Manor is $7,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Ossining with an average starting cost of $6,448.
To help you with your search, browse the 173 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Briarcliff Manor. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Briarcliff Manor 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include White Plains with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Briarcliff Manor find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Briarcliff Manor, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Briarcliff Manor, NY
23 Assisted Living Facilities near Briarcliff Manor, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Briarcliff Manor
Briarcliff Manor is located along the Hudson River and has lots of green park land and historical appeal for seniors looking at moving to the area. The village is already home to more than 8,000 people, and almost 19 percent of those are aged 65 or older. Within Briarcliff Manor, there are two assisted living facilities, but another 20 can be found in areas such as Yorktown Heights, White Plains and New City.
New York divides assisted living facilities into adult homes, assisted living residences and enriched housing programs depending on the level of care residents require. All are overseen by the New York Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Briarcliff Manor
- Westchester County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Retirement income other than Social Security is taxed in New York, but there is a large deduction available to seniors which may help offset some of the tax costs.
- According to the American Lung Association, the air in Briarcliff Manor and the surrounding Westchester County could be hazardous for those with conditions that affect breathing. Seniors with COPD or asthma may want to look at other areas.
- The Briarcliff Manor area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Phelps Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Briarcliff Manor is about 71 percent higher than the national average and around 30 percent higher than the New York mean. The highest costs are associated with housing, but goods and services and healthcare also run 22 and 14 percent higher than national averages, respectively, which could be an issue for seniors in assisted living.
- Violent crime rates in Briarcliff Manor are 67 percent lower than the averages for the rest of the country, which makes it a relatively safe place for seniors to live. Property crime rates are very low, at 78 percent less than the U.S. average.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Briarcliff Manor
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Briarcliff Manor start around $7,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Briarcliff Manor and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Briarcliff Manor
To get assistance with the cost of assisted living, seniors in Briarcliff Manor can apply for the Medicaid Managed Long-Term Care program or the New York Assisted Living Program. However, New York residents cannot get both at the same time.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Briarcliff Manor
Briarcliff Manor and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Briarcliff Manor, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Briarcliff Manor
Briarcliff Manor-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Briarcliff Manor, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Briarcliff Manor
Review of Atria Briarcliff Manor
We chose Atria Briarcliff Manor for my parents because of the location, and the facility is outstanding across the board. There are constant activities, and they're extremely happy there. They have... Read more
Review of Atria Briarcliff Manor
Atria Briarcliff Manor was very nice, very clean, and very small, but the rooms were a decent size. My dad is always on the go, and the facility didn't have very much going on. The staff was excell... Read more
Review of Atria Briarcliff Manor
The rooms at Atria Briarcliff Manor were very clean and very nice. We saw a few activities. The dining area was very beautiful. The residents looked happy and active. The amenities were nice. They ... Read more