The coastal city of New Rochelle has a population of nearly 79,000 people, with close to 18% ages 65 and older. Seniors looking for a place to retire have access to multiple medical facilities in the area, including the Montefiore Mount Vernon Hospital, Jack D. Weiler Hospital and the White Plains Hospital. New Rochelle is also 30 minutes from downtown New York City, which has NYC Health and New York-Presbyterian Hospital.

Seniors who require 24-hour skilled nursing care also have access to multiple nursing homes in New Rochelle. A private room in these communities costs around $11,771 per month. These communities are for those who don’t require hospitalization but need more care than they can receive at home. Nursing homes provide increased supervision, health monitoring and therapies not typically provided for those remaining in their homes. Seniors who don’t require this level of care may opt for an assisted living community or choose home health care, which tends to cost much less.

This guide covers the different types of long-term care in detail as well as the differences in costs. It also provides a list of resources that aid seniors in the New Rochelle area.

Directory of Nursing Homes in New Rochelle, NY

United Hebrew Geriatric Center

391 Pelham Road , New Rochelle, NY, 10805

I was recently a post-surgery patent at United Hebrew and it was a disaster. I waited hours for medication, the physical therapy was poorly organized and brief and the Social worker cancelled the VN a … (read more)

Bayberry Nursing Home

40 Keogh Lane, New Rochelle, NY, 10805

I was a resident TWICE at Bayberry in 2019. After a hospitalization, I choose Bayberry for a second time. The nurses are professional, caring and compassionate, as are the ladies (cna’s) who ass … (read more)

Dumont Center for Rehabilitation & Nursing

676 Pelham Road, New Rochelle, NY, 10805

My father has been in the Dumont center for 2, years.  I appreciate the care and attention the staff provides him. Everyone assist him with all his needs. My family and feel that he’s in a safe pl … (read more)

Sutton Park Ctr Nursing Rehab

31 LOCKWOOD AVENUE, New Rochelle, NY, 10801

One word AWFUL. I was there from June to August 2020. Food is awful killed roaches in my room. Administration is the pits. Except for a few nurses many are awful and nasty. Stay away. Run from t … (read more)

Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital

16 Guion Place , New Rochelle, NY, 10802

My husband is at Schaffer for a week now, it’s clean, but it’s an older facility. There’s 2 to a room, but it’s quite spacious, quite large, and it has very large windows, and each person has his own … (read more)

Glen Island Center For Nursing And Rehab

490 Pelham Road, New Rochelle, NY, 10805

My friend is a patient in the rehab section. So far she’s losing weight, and why? The food is absolutely horrible she won’t eat it. Too many times they move her phone and she unable to reach it fo … (read more)

Split Rock Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

3525 Baychester, Bronx, NY, 10466

the people and staff at split rock rehab were very helpful and my loved one was able to recover and go home happy and healthy. I would def recommend this place.

Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation

1440 Port Washington Boulevard, Port Washington, NY, 11050

My brother-in-law is now in Sands Point Center for Health and Rehabilitation. Right now, we’re very, very happy with them. They show a lot of care. It’s a very happy and caring staff. They have a comp … (read more)

Gold Crest Care Center

2316 Bruner Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10469

I was a resident at Gold Crest for 5 months for therapy. Facility was amazing, nice clean and always fresh!! Staff went above and beyond for me. I will miss the Gold Crest family!!

Adira At Riverside Rehabilitation & Nursing

120 Odell Avenue, Yonkers, NY, 10701

I can Breath easily knowing my grandmother is being well taken care of, especially during a pandemic. We had the opportunity to video chat when visiting was not an available option. I am thankful an … (read more)

Methodist Home for Nursing and Rehabilitation

4499 Manhattan College Parkway, Bronx, NY, 10471

I just completed my stay at the Methodist home and I am just as grateful as I was my first time which was 2 years ago. The physical and occupational therapy was excellent and helped strengthen me trem … (read more)

Wartburg

1 Wartburg Place , Mount Vernon, NY, 10552

The Wartburg Home was very good and had excellent rehab. Mom wanted to stay there, but they said she can’t because Medicare said she was not progressing and Medicare would not want to work with us any … (read more)

White Plains Center For Nursing Care

220 West Post Road, White Plains, NY, 10606

I have a family member who has been a resident for quite a few years now. It is always a lovely place to visit when I come here. The staff is lovely, cheerful, and friendly, especially the ladies in t … (read more)

Isabella Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care

515 Audubon Avenue, New York, NY, 10040

Isabella Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care was highly recommended by a family member. It is very clean. They have very tight staff. Everyone there is very cordial, very nice, and very attenti … (read more)

Bronx Center For Rehab Health

1010 UNDERHILL AVE, Bronx, NY, 10472

My mom is in rehab at Bronx Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing right now. It is really good and nice. They treat her well. The food is good. They have activities for her to do so far. She made frie … (read more)

Glen Cove Center For Nursing

6 MEDICAL PLAZA, Glen Cove, NY, 11542

Five stars aren’t enough to express our gratitude for the care that our mother receives at Glen Cove Center. All of the staff are professional, concerned, knowledgeable, and frequently go the ext … (read more)

Fordham Nursing And Rehabilitation Center

2678 Kingsbridge Terrace, Bronx, NY, 10463

Right now, my father is at Fordham Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. I haven’t been to the facility physically, but the telephone reception that I’ve gotten is amazing. The social work department the … (read more)

The Osborn Senior Living

101 Theall Road, Rye, NY, 10583

We choose the Osborn Pavillion for a post hospital stay for my 90 year old father based on reviews, and sense that it was "the best." Putting "the best" as a bar to reach for, it was lacking. Please b … (read more)

Schervier Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

2975 INDEPENDENCE AVE, Riverdale, NY, 10463

Wonderful care. The Schervier team kept me up to date on my grandma’s care. If you are put into a tough situation with a loved one, make sure you choose a 5 star facility like schervier. I am so gra … (read more)

Glengariff Health Care Center

141 Dosoris Lane, Glen Cove, NY, 11542

They are understaffed and apparently have very very low expectations of their employees. They are rude, lazy and don’t care at all. Nobody takes responsibility for ANYTHING. I wish we could move my … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in New Rochelle, NY

Semiprivate rooms in nursing homes cost an average of $11,771 per month, while private rooms have a median cost of $12,927 per month.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Semiprivate rooms in a nursing home vary throughout the state and across the country. Compared to the national average, New Rochelle semiprivate rooms are $4,015 more, but they are less than the state average of $12,319, according to the Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey. The Watertown area is less expensive than New Rochelle at $11,589 per month. Buffalo residents pay $12,669, and Glen Falls residents pay $14,068. Seniors in the southeast in Poughkeepsie pay approximately $13,748 per month.

$11771

Glen Falls

$13748

Poughkeepsie

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Seniors looking for long-term care may find it helpful to compare the costs of additional options. Homemaker services and home health aids both cost around $4,957 per month. Adult day health is the least expensive at $1,950. An assisted living community costs $5,991 per month, and a nursing home costs $11,771 for a semiprivate room and $12,927 for a private room.

$4957

Adult day health care

$5991

Assisted living

$11771

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$12927

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for New Rochelle was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, New York, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in New Rochelle, NY

Free Resources for Seniors in New Rochelle, NY

New Rochelle seniors have access to many different programs and services to help seniors age in place. Many of these services help delay nursing home care.

Resource

Contact

Service

The Office for the Aging offers a variety of services for seniors that help enrich their lives and encourage them to stay healthy. The agency provides case management, in-home services like housekeeping and personal care, home-delivered meals and nonemergency transportation.

The Hugh A Doyle Senior Citizens Center is open Monday through Friday to provide programs and services for area seniors. The center offers arts and crafts, singing, dancing, exercise, gardening, painting, clay arts and card games. It also offers games such as bingo, mahjong and pool.

New Rochelle Cares is a nonprofit organization that supports seniors ages 60 and older with programs, services, social activities and resources. The agency plans social events, transportation and health and wellness activities.

The Westchester County Department of Senior Programs and services includes transportation, Medicare and health insurance counseling, healthy aging programs, housing information, meals and nutrition and information on elder abuse.

RideConnect is a program of Family Services of Westchester for seniors ages 60 and older. The program offers cost-effective transportation to and from medical appointments and local errands. These services are available Monday through Friday and rides must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.