Yonkers is perched along New York’s scenic Hudson River. Given that 16.5% of its 200,000 residents are 65 years of age or older, Yonkers is home to a sizable number of seniors. Medical facilities local seniors can choose from include Saint Joseph’s Medical Center and St. John’s Riverside Hospital. Both offer emergency care and the services of various specialists.

Also in Yonkers are a variety of nursing homes that charge an average monthly rate of $11,771 per the Genworth Cost of Care Survey. This makes Yonkers more expensive than the typical American city where the rate is $7,756. Nursing home services are usually robust and include regular attention from medical professionals and therapy programs that contribute to their high price. To save money and find a more appropriate fit, seniors with higher levels of independence may consider home health care or assisted living rather than nursing home care.

This guide contains information on the costs of nursing homes and other senior care providers in Yonkers. Additionally, the guide describes some useful resources for Yonkers’ elders.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Yonkers, NY

Adira At Riverside Rehabilitation & Nursing

120 Odell Avenue, Yonkers, NY, 10701

I can Breath easily knowing my grandmother is being well taken care of, especially during a pandemic. We had the opportunity to video chat when visiting was not an available option. I am thankful an … (read more)

Sans Souci Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

115 Park Avenue, Yonkers, NY, 10703

My father has been in Sans Souci nursing home for close to a month now. Everybody’s friendly there. He’s probably not having a good time, but he’s comfortable and he’s happy with everybody there. He h … (read more)

St Josephs Hosp Nursing Home Of Yonkers N Y

127 South Broadway, Yonkers, NY, 10701

The nursing home is in a terrible neighborhood, and there are few activities for the residents. This is an old-fashioned nursing home without any frills. BUT the nursing care is superior! My mother … (read more)

Regency Extended Care Center

65 ASHBURTON AVENUE, Yonkers, NY, 10701

A very bad place. Residents rights are trampled all over. There is harassment of residents. The building is understaffed and residence suffer for lack of proper care. Some residents sit in soiled garm … (read more)

Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center

300 Corporate Blvd South, Yonkers, NY, 10701

Split Rock Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

3525 Baychester, Bronx, NY, 10466

the people and staff at split rock rehab were very helpful and my loved one was able to recover and go home happy and healthy. I would def recommend this place.

The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing at Queens

15715 19th Ave, Queens, NY, 11357

The PT & OT is the best. Food is always served cold. Understaffed, several caregivers are rude. Drs are never available. I was never physically examined by a Dr at this facility. Visitation is ver … (read more)

United Hebrew Geriatric Center

391 Pelham Road , New Rochelle, NY, 10805

I was recently a post-surgery patent at United Hebrew and it was a disaster. I waited hours for medication, the physical therapy was poorly organized and brief and the Social worker cancelled the VN a … (read more)

CareOne at Teaneck

544 Teaneck Road, Teaneck, NJ, 07666

The nursing staff during the days were quite good. The overnight shift left a lot to be desired. But the administration are a bunch of money hungry, greedy individuals. They submitted my bill that was … (read more)

CareOne at Valley

300 Old Hook Road, Westwood, NJ, 07675

This is very nice clean and care police. They had very good care of my mom aunt food was very good. Rooms very clean. And staff very friendly.

Gold Crest Care Center

2316 Bruner Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10469

I was a resident at Gold Crest for 5 months for therapy. Facility was amazing, nice clean and always fresh!! Staff went above and beyond for me. I will miss the Gold Crest family!!

Hudsonview Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare

9020 Wall Street, North Bergen, NJ, 07047

Hudsonview has great care, and staff wonderfull. My mom is a resident there and there care has made her in the best shape ever. Thank you all

New York Center For Rehab and Nursing

26-13 21ST STREET, Astoria, NY, 11102

Beautiful building. Perfect place for patients to transition from hospital to home. Their team of professionals provide intensive therapy and round the clock care. They revived process is augmented by … (read more)

Dellridge Health & Rehabilitation Center

532 Farview Ave, Paramus, NJ, 07652

I really enjoyed the staff that provided me care. They are lovely individuals and I cannot thank them enough for them taking me in as family. The rooms are clean and spacious. The activities are every … (read more)

New Jersey Veterans Memorial Homes Paramus

1 Veterans Driv, Paramus, NJ, 07652

My Dad resides at this Veteran’s Home. He is happy, cared for, clean, treated with love and respect by everyone there. I am so happy with the care and attention he gets. The care givers , nurses, a … (read more)

Methodist Home for Nursing and Rehabilitation

4499 Manhattan College Parkway, Bronx, NY, 10471

I just completed my stay at the Methodist home and I am just as grateful as I was my first time which was 2 years ago. The physical and occupational therapy was excellent and helped strengthen me trem … (read more)

Wartburg

1 Wartburg Place , Mount Vernon, NY, 10552

The Wartburg Home was very good and had excellent rehab. Mom wanted to stay there, but they said she can’t because Medicare said she was not progressing and Medicare would not want to work with us any … (read more)

White Plains Center For Nursing Care

220 West Post Road, White Plains, NY, 10606

I have a family member who has been a resident for quite a few years now. It is always a lovely place to visit when I come here. The staff is lovely, cheerful, and friendly, especially the ladies in t … (read more)

Gallen Adult Day Health Care Center

10 Link Drive, Rockleigh, NJ, 07647

I visited a dear friend who had the good fortune to rehabilitate at the Jewish Home in Rockleigh. The facility was clean, the staff were professional and friendly, and truly cared for their residents, … (read more)

Isabella Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care

515 Audubon Avenue, New York, NY, 10040

Isabella Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care was highly recommended by a family member. It is very clean. They have very tight staff. Everyone there is very cordial, very nice, and very attenti … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Yonkers, NY

Monthly, the average Yonkers nursing home charges $11,771 for a semiprivate room and $12,927 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Costing an average of $11,771 per month for a semiprivate room, nursing home care in Yonkers is less expensive compared to the New York state average. Statewide, a typical provider charges $12,319. However, both the state and Yonkers are pricier than the average American city. Nationwide, the median cost is $7,756.

As for nearby cities, Binghamton, with its median rate of $11,543 is slightly cheaper than Yonkers. Otherwise, nearby locales tend to be pricier. Albany and Kingston have median costs of $12,973 and $14,797 respectively. In Poughkeepsie, the corresponding rate is $13,748.

$11771

Albany

$11543

Binghamton

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

In terms of average monthly price, nursing homes are at the upper end of seniors’ options in Yonkers. In these facilities, semiprivate rooms cost $11,771, and private rooms cost $12,927. Assisted living facilities charge much less: Their average rate is $5,991. Home health care and home care, meanwhile, have identical average prices of $4,957. Adult day health care represents the most affordable option as a typical provider charges $1,950 monthly.

$4957

Adult day health care

$5991

Assisted living

$11771

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$12927

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Yonkers was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, New York City, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Yonkers, NY

Free Resources for Seniors in Yonkers, NY

In Yonkers, many organizations and agencies work to make the aging process easier to navigate. These resources can help seniors and their families with tasks like completing applications and gathering information. Some offerings are relevant to seniors still living at home, and others aid older adults in different care settings like nursing homes.

Resource

Contact

Service

The Office for the Aging serves Yonkers residents 60 years of age and up as well as people concerned with their well-being. The office's home-based services program is a way for seniors to access housekeeping and personal care, nutritional information and home-delivered meals. The program also offers caregiver support and transportation. Case managers are available through the Office for the Aging as well.

(1-855) 582-6769

The Ombudsman Program's representatives educate and advocate for residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities. Ombudsmen work with facility staff members, seniors and their family members to find resolutions to problems. The program also provides referrals when appropriate.

(1-800) 701-0501

HIICAP offers counseling on Medicare and Medicare Advantage Plans. Additionally, the program helps individuals understand low-income subsidies that may make health insurance and medications more affordable. Medicare beneficiaries, people who represent them and individuals soon to be eligible for Medicare can use HIICAP.

The Westchester County Veterans Service Agency helps veterans identify and access military benefits. Older veterans can contact this agency for representation and aid in finding records and obtaining awards. Officers from the agency also assist with benefits applications. The agency works with veterans' families too.

Yonkers offers various property tax exemptions, some of which may apply to low-income seniors 65 years of age and up. There are also exemptions that apply to veterans and individuals with disabilities. For more information, seniors can find applications online or contact the Assessment Office at the number listed here.