The Bronx is a large borough in New York with a population of 1.4 million, of which 13.3% are older adults aged 65 or over. The Bronx is a good place for seniors to live as it’s home to highly-rated hospitals such as the Montefiore Medical Center, and also has several senior centers and other facilities managed by Riverdale Senior Services.

Some seniors find that their health and mobility decline as they get older. Those with serious medical conditions may require nursing home care to maintain a good quality of life. Nursing home care costs an average of $11,771 per month in this area of the state. This is far higher than the national average of $7,756 per month but slightly more affordable than the state average. Seniors who are generally mobile and who do not require round-the-clock medical attention may find other forms of care such as assisted living or in-home care more suitable and also more affordable since it’s typically half the price of nursing home care.

This guide covers the cost of nursing home care in the Bronx, as well as looking at other types of care and free resources available to seniors in the area.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Bronx, NY

Split Rock Rehabilitation and Health Care Center

3525 Baychester, Bronx, NY, 10466

the people and staff at split rock rehab were very helpful and my loved one was able to recover and go home happy and healthy. I would def recommend this place.

Gold Crest Care Center

2316 Bruner Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10469

Couldn’t be happier with this place. The staff is very friendly and willing to help.

Methodist Home for Nursing and Rehabilitation

4499 Manhattan College Parkway, Bronx, NY, 10471

I just completed my stay at the Methodist home and I am just as grateful as I was my first time which was 2 years ago. The physical and occupational therapy was excellent and helped strengthen me trem … (read more)

Bronx Center For Rehab Health

1010 UNDERHILL AVE, Bronx, NY, 10472

My dad is currently at Bronx Center For Rehab Health. It’s great. The treatment of the patients is great. They give you good food, and do the therapy for you. The nurses and the doctors are caring. Th … (read more)

Bronx Lebanon Special Care Center

1265 Fulton Ave, Bronx, NY, 10456

I think the hospital staff have helped so many when they needed the care their families could not provide. The staff was very kind and treated people with the respect they needed while fighting to sec … (read more)

Morris Park Nursing and Rehab Center

1235 PELHAM PARKWAY NORTH, Bronx, NY, 10469

i cannot tell you enough of this rehab facility! everyone is so kind & friendly. the care given to my dear friend is so good! the whole family is beyond happy! The patient has dementia & she n … (read more)

Providence Rest Inc

3304 Waterbury Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10465

Beautiful place. The care was great! Wonderful rehab, got me home quick! Would recommend for anyone who needs rehab and nursing care

St. Patrick’s Home Rehabilitation and Health Care

66 Van Cortlandt Park South, Bronx, NY, 10463

St. Patrick’s Home was very good. There are a lot of things that we like about it. It’s clean and nice, and the people are nice and very accommodating. They help the patients, and they have a lot of t … (read more)

The Hebrew Home at Riverdale by RiverSpring Living

5901 Palisade Ave., Bronx, NY, 10471

It was like being in a prison. The food was awful. The home needs much improvement for the service that they are supposed to offer a person in rehab

Bainbridge Adult Day Health Care Center

3518 Bainbridge Ave, Bronx, NY, 10467

The only thing i can say is disappointed. It almost seems as if he left worse than when he came. There was one particular incident where he was being moved from his bed to a wheelchair and the nurses … (read more)

Regeis Care Center

3200 BAYCHESTER AVENUE, Bronx, NY, 10475

This is terrible place all day the employees make too much noise in the second floor there are a nurse her name is Patricia she is very rude person she doesn’t care about the persons I have one rela … (read more)

Raul Del Valle Adult Day Health Care

900 Intervale Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10459

I did my CNA externship at St. Vincent De Paul Residence, it’s a very clean facility. The patients are well cared for. My instructor Azary Tamarov was great. He showed us around, gave great advice abo … (read more)

Beth Abraham Adult Day Health Center

612 Allerton Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10467

When my husband would leave the hospital, he would go to Beth Abraham. It appeared to me to be quite efficient, and it looked pretty good to me. It looked like he would have better care there. The pat … (read more)

Wayne Center For Nursing & Rehabilitation

3530 WAYNE AVENUE, Bronx, NY, 10467

Great place even during this Covid 19 scary time. I will say this not once did my mother complain of anyone. She did her physical therapy safely. Madonna and Merdine made sure she was safe in her room … (read more)

Morningside House Nursing Home

1000 PELHAM PARKWAY SOUTH, Bronx, NY, 10461

It started out okay. The staff are overwhelmed and not attentive to their patients. Some of the staff are very nice and caring but you always have a few bad apples. The so call doctor’s are no … (read more)

The Plaza Rehab and Nursing Center

100 W Kingsbridge Rd, Bronx, NY, 10468

Communication with The Plaza Rehab and Nursing Center is absolutely atrocious. It was really hard to get a hold of my father, and visitation is Monday to Friday 9:00 to 5:00 or whenever their rec pers … (read more)

Grand Manor Nursing and Rehab

700 WHITE PLAINS ROAD, Bronx, NY, 10473

My mother used to be their and it was great. Only thing was that they were a bit late when coming to the room. Also Karen the therapy coordinator did a great job helping my mother. But they need to tr … (read more)

Rebekah Rehab and Extended Care Center

1072 HAVEMEYER AVENUE, Bronx, NY, 10462

Please do no admit your love one to this facility! The previous one star reviews are honest, the night shift is the worst and my mother does ring her bell and no one comes to her and when they do come … (read more)

Hudson Pointe at Riverdale Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation

3220 Henry Hudson Parkway, Bronx, NY, 10463

I would like to thank the staff and social work at Hudson Pointe at Riverdale for their outstanding professionalism and care during my hard times trying to recuperate.

Throgs Neck Extended Care Facility

707 THROGS NECK EXPRESSWAY, Bronx, NY, 10465

All of my experiences at this facility was horrible in services for me. The security and staff are very rude and when I went in my relatives room there was dust everywhere. Now they make us visit outs … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Bronx, NY

A semi-private room in a nursing home typically costs $11,771 per month. Private rooms cost slightly more, with an average cost of $12,927.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

According to the Genworth Financial Cost of Care Survey 2020, the cost of nursing home care in the New York Area, which is close to Bronx, is $11,771 per month. This is slightly lower than the state average of $12,319, but more than 50% higher than the U.S. average. Fees are slightly lower to the east, in Binghamton, at $11,542, but far higher towards the Canada border in Buffalo, at $12,699 per month. Glens Falls, close to Vermont, is among the most expensive cities, with fees of $14,068 per month.

$11771

Buffalo Area

$14068

Glens Falls

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

In addition to nursing home care, Bronx residents can also access other less expensive senior care services. Adult day health care is the most affordable, at less than $2,000 per month for daytime care in a group setting. Home health care and in-home care services are provided in the senior’s own home, and cost $4,957 per month. In-home care includes light chores and help with the activities of daily living (ADLs). Home health care also includes limited medical care. Seniors who require more hands-on ADL assistance can opt to reside in an assisted living facility at a cost of $5,991.

$11771

$1950

Adult Day Care

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Bronx, NY

Free Resources for Seniors in Bronx, NY

Seniors who will eventually need nursing home care may safely stay in their homes in the meantime with the help of free or low-cost services. Below are some of the resources available to families and residents in the Bronx to make this process easier.

ResourceContact Service
Alzheimer’s Association NYC Chapter

(800) 272-3900The New York City Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association serves Bronx County and other parts of New York City. It offers a variety of advocacy programs, educational sessions, support groups and other services. Alzheimer’s Association works with seniors who are living with the effects of Alzheimer’s and dementia, as well as friends and caregivers, helping them understand the condition and what it means, how the disease may progress and how to adapt to living with it.
NYC Department for the Aging(212) 244-6469The NYC Department for the Aging provides a comprehensive set of services for older adults in New York City, including food assistance, housing advice and support with claiming benefits and Medicaid waivers. It also runs intergenerational programs and the Friendly Visiting program to provide homebound adults with companionship and support.
Riverdale Senior Services(718) 884-5900Riverdale Senior Services provides numerous services for seniors in the Bronx, including health management, counseling, senior transportation, emergency support and social events. It manages several senior centers across the county and runs an adult day program for those with memory loss.