Morningside House Nursing Home

Reviews of Morningside House Nursing Home

Nursing Home Reviews for Morningside House Nursing Home

August 28, 2014

By Idalia1

We put my sister in a nursing home. It's called Morningside House Nursing Home. The accommodations there are very good. The rooms are very simple but very clean. I think they're OK for them for what they do. My sister was in a wheelchair for a while, but now she is walking with a walker. I didn't get to mingle too much with the staff, but I was in the dining room when my sister was eating, and the staff was very good. Most of the people were foreigners, but they were very nice, very clean, and very good with the residents. The dining room is very small, they don't have too many people in there. I would recommend it to people who don't have too much income, so this one is OK. The place is very clean and the people are very nice. It seems that they're very caring with the patients.

June 29, 2012

By Pavelove

The staff seemed really nice when i came to visit. My great aunt is not the easiest to please so naturally she complained about the service there. From a outsider looking in, i definitely thought this home did a great job taking care of the elderly

May 09, 2012

By ladyfaithd

There is no words to say how much love and care that is given at Morningside. They cared for my father for about four years and spoiled him. They kept the family up to date every day, If you had any question they were answered with truth. If they saws the family upset they went out of their way to see that the family was cared for. There was an open door policy. We were able to call at any time to speak to a staff member.My daddy passed away under their care,but he died happy with the love they showed. Even after his death they still called or wrote to us. If I had money I would do so much to help them.

October 04, 2011

By Philip Anthony

Morningside House is a nursing home/rehabilitation facility located on Pelham Parkway South in the Bronx, New York. It is within walking distance of the number 5 subway, a longer walking distance from buses. The visiting hours are generous, but it is difficult to visit in the day if you are driving, as there is almost no street parking. After 7 PM, it becomes easy to park. The facility is clean and appears well-maintained, and has amenities such as a library with internet access and a lovely courtyard used by patients and visitors. Our experiences with the staff have been mixed. There are some very attentive and caring employees at all levels, but the majority have ranged from indifferent to disrespectful to incompetent. It is common for me to hear from my father that he is awakened in the middle of the night by aides coming in the room to do something and talking loudly either with other employees or on their cell phone, indifferent to the patient. I have often observed that staff's non work-related conversations having priority over patients' needs. Patient requests for basic care are often delayed or altogether forgotten, and some staff unapologetic to defiant when tasks are finally carried out. The excuse always given is that they are understaffed, but I find this ironic because my father is paying cash for care here and it is $450 per day. Another issue is the dietary department. While the staff often tries to please patients, there ability to do so is lacking. The meals consist almost exclusively of canned and frozen side dishes, and only the most inexpensive cuts and preparations of meat, poultry and fish. While being in the restaurant business I am aware of budgetary and dietary restrictions, there is nothing provided, even on holidays or birthdays, that would even faintly remind patients of home- or restaurant-prepared meals. I strongly feel something could be done to at least occasionally provide food that is nutritionally sound while not seeming so 'institutional', perhaps by including fresh produce or better, though costly, portions of proteins. The portion sizes do appear to be adequate, and staff courteous. All in all, Morningside is a very average nursing home. My father has been in a couple the last few years and it is no worse or better than most he has been in.

About Morningside House Nursing Home

Morningside House Nursing Home is a senior living provider in Bronx, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Morningside House Nursing Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of Morningside House Nursing Home