16 Assisted Living Facilities in Springfield, MO
Also serving communities of Willard.
The average cost of assisted living in Springfield is $3,270 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 64 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Springfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Springfield 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Nixa with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Springfield find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Springfield, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Springfield, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Springfield
Springfield is a bustling community in southwestern Missouri. It is the third largest city in the state and is home to the historic Route 66. Assisted living facilities in Springfield are licensed by the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services and are classified as either residential care facilities (RCFs) or assisted living facilities (ALFs). ALFs are defined as long-term care facilities that provide 24-hour services such as assistance with daily activities and health care supervision.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Springfield
- The climate in Springfield may be difficult for seniors as the city experiences hot, muggy summers and cold, cloudy winters. Sperling’s Comfort Index rates Springfield with a 48 out of 100, slightly below the national average of 54. The city gets approximately 45 inches of rain and 13 inches of snow per year.
- Seniors wishing to reside in Springfield should note that Crime averages are high. Violent crime rated 82.1 out of 100, considerably higher than the U.S. median of 31.1 and property crime rated 93.3 compared to the national average of 38.1.
- The cost of living in Springfield is 15.7 percent lower than the U.S. average, making it an ideal choice for seniors on a budget. This lower average is due to costs slightly lower than the national average for groceries, health care and transportation.
- CU Transit offers seniors public transportation around the city with reduced fares for seniors 65 and older. OATS transit provides seniors door-to-door service and fixed-point bus lines.
- The Springfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Cox North Hospital, Mercy Hospital Springfield and Cox Medical Center South, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Springfield has an array of community resources for seniors including the SeniorAge Area Agency on Aging which provides services like tax assistance, driving and wellness classes and educational presentations. The area is home to four senior centers where seniors can enjoy recreational and educational programs, exercise classes, health screenings and tax counseling.
Paying for Assisted Living in Springfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Springfield start around $3,320 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Springfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Springfield
Seniors looking for financial aid for assisted living in Springfield may apply for funding through the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services. This government agency offers the Missouri Care Options (MCO) program. The Missouri Department of Social Services also offers Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Medicaid Waivers including the Independent Living Waiver (ILW).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Springfield
Springfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Springfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Springfield
Springfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Springfield, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Springfield
Review of The Gardens Assisted Living and Memory Care - Springfield
I went into The Gardens Assisted Living and Memory Care. It was very nice, and also they had patio units. I would like to have an outside entry with a patio or balcony, and they have that, and they... Read more
Review of Morningside of Springfield
Morningside of Springfield was a very nice place. My mother was there for almost three years. It was fine until the Covid hit, and she ended up in the hospital and had to go to rehab. They did a re... Read more
Review of The Township Senior Living
Our experience with The Township Senior Living has been very good. The staff is very cooperative, very accommodating, and very helpful. The rooms are beautiful. It's a brand new community and it's ... Read more