40 Assisted Living Facilities near Nixa, MO
There are 40 Assisted Living Facilities in the Nixa area, with 5 in Nixa and 35 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Nixa is $3,652 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,650. Cheaper nearby regions include Ozark with an average starting cost of $3,550.
To help you with your search, browse the 150 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Nixa. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Nixa 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Rogersville with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Nixa, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Nixa, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Nixa
Nixa, Missouri, is a small city in Christian County, one of the fastest-growing counties in the state and country. The city's population has increased by 353 percent over the last couple of decades, and more than 14 percent of Nixa residents are seniors at least 65 years old. There are more than 35 assisted living facilities located near Nixa, Missouri, to meet the long-term care needs of local seniors, including facilities in Springfield, Marionville and Ozark. These 24-hour facilities are regulated by The Department of Health and Senior Services, an agency that establishes and regulates assisted living guidelines across the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Nixa
- Nixa has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Springfield.
- The weather changes each season in Nixa, making it an ideal destination for seniors who don't mind fluctuating temperatures. Average temperatures typically range from 27 to 89 degrees, with cold weather in the winter and fall and warm weather in the spring and summer.
Precipitation occurs throughout the year, with the heaviest rain in the spring and snow, sleet and ice in the winter.
- Seniors seeking a safe assisted living facility may feel comfortable choosing long-term care in Nixa, Missouri. Nixa has a lower crime rate than 42 percent of U.S. cities, including other Missouri cities such as St. Louis and nearby Springfield. Annually, Nixa averages less than 350 crimes per year, with property crimes making up the bulk of crime data. Nixa residents have a 1 in 66 chance of experiencing a crime, which is lower than Missouri's 1 in 35 odds.
- Seniors concerned about financial expenses may find affordable care in Nixa, which has a lower cost of living than the national average. Groceries generally cost less in Nixa than other parts of Missouri, but medical expenses and transportation costs may run a bit higher.
- Nixa lacks the public transportation options found in larger cities such as Springfield. Seniors without vehicles may have to arrange transportation with friends or family members or travel via taxi.
- The American Lung Association has no recent air quality data for Christian County. However, Missouri residents generally experience numerous high ozone days, with the exception of Buchanan County and Cedar County.
Paying for Assisted Living in Nixa
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Nixa start around $3,652 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Nixa and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Nixa
Nixa seniors who want to reduce out-of-pocket expenses for assisted living facilities can apply for the Supplemental Nursing Care Assistance Program or the Missouri Medicaid Aged and Disabled Waiver. Interested seniors must receive Medicaid and meet income and asset guidelines.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Nixa
Nixa and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Nixa, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Nixa
Nixa-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Nixa
Review of The Castlewood Senior Living
The Castlewood Senior Living is awesome. It is a nice and beautiful place. They play music through the intercom. The staff was very informative and friendly. They have balconies and some little are... Read more
Review of Nixa Nursing & Rehab
The facility has been wonderful for my grandmother. It is very nice and clean. The staff are very helpful and very nice. My grandmother loves it there and all the activities. There hasn't been one ... Read more
Review of The Castlewood Senior Living
The Castlewood is a beautiful place. The staff there are cordial and kind, and they act like they want you to come visit. That makes a big difference, instead of saying they're busy and don't have ... Read more