10 Assisted Living Facilities near Aurora, MO
Also serving communities of Verona.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Aurora area, with 2 in Aurora and 8 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Aurora. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Aurora 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Aurora, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Aurora, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Aurora
Aurora, Mo., located in Lawrence County, is considered by locals as "The Summit City of the Ozarks" and has a population of 7,450. The town offers two assisted living facilities (ALFs) and 13 nearby to seniors. Primary responsibilities include providing aid with activities of daily living (ADLs), such as grooming and bathing, outdoor recreation and medication management. In Aurora, and all of Missouri, each facility is licensed as either an assisted living or residential care facility (RCF) by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS). The DHSS is also responsible for monitoring and regulating all facilities, acting as an independent advocate for senior residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Aurora
- Aurora has elevated property and violent crime rates (between 75 to 95 percent higher) when compared to the national average.
- Chilly winter temperatures that range between 34 to 48 degrees and drop as low as 23 degrees can be unpleasant for seniors. Alternatively, summers are often mild with temperatures ranging from 65 to 80 degrees with high rainfall.
- The air quality in Aurora is considered to be 21 percent better than the national average. Pollution levels are also significantly lower, 73 percent better than the national average, which makes it a suitable environment for residents with respiratory problems.
- The cost of living in Aurora is considered relatively cheap with a rating of 84 compared to a state average of 90 and a national average of 100. While cheaper, seniors often pay more on groceries and health care while less on utilities and housing.
- The Aurora area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mercy Hospital Aurora, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Aurora has an array of community resources for seniors, including the SeniorAge Area Agency on Aging, an organization that provides nutrition programs, community services, senior advocacy and Medicare counseling.
Paying for Assisted Living in Aurora
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Aurora start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Aurora and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Aurora
Missouri assists eligible seniors with financing residential care or assisted living facilities through the Medicaid State Plan Personal Care (SPPC) program. Seniors can also seek aid for room and board through the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Aurora
Aurora and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Aurora, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Aurora
Aurora-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Aurora
Review of Hudson House
Wonderful, caring staff. Rooms spacious and comfortable. Activities galore. Read more