3 Assisted Living Facilities near Monett, MO
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Monett area, with 2 in Monett and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Monett is $3,800 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Aurora with an average starting cost of $2,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Monett. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Monett 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Monett, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Monett, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Monett
Monett is a small town nestled in the beautiful Ozark mountains of Missouri. It's the most populous town in Barry County with 9,118 residents, and seniors aged 65 years or older make up 15.5% of the population. Monett's seniors can find help with activities of daily living in the town's three assisted living facilities.
In Monett, and the entire state of Missouri, assisted living facilities are overseen by the Department of Health and Senior Services and are officially called Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Monett
- Missouri offers partial tax benefits to Monett seniors. Social Security and public pension incomes are not taxed at the full rate, but withdrawals from retirement accounts and income from private pensions are taxed at the full amount.
- Monett has cultural attractions for seniors to enjoy, such as the Monett Historical Society, and it also has a dedicated senior center with health seminars, meal assistance and exercise classes.
- The Monett area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Cox Monett Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors on a budget will find Monett an affordable place to live. The town's overall cost of living is 21.2% below the national average and 13.8% below the state average. Housing is particularly inexpensive, costing 25.5% less on average than elsewhere in Missouri.
- Safety-minded seniors can appreciate that violent crime in Monett scores 15.7 out of 100, where a score of 1 would indicate the safest possible environment. This rating puts it below the state and national averages. Incidences of property crime are nearly 20% higher than in other areas of the United States.
- With 46 inches of rainfall and 213 sunny days per year, Monett's climate is both rainier and sunnier than the national average. The town doesn't receive much snow with just 9 inches annually, which is good news for seniors who want to avoid extreme winter weather.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Monett
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Monett start around $3,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Monett and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Monett
There are options available to Monett seniors on Medicaid who need financial help with assisted living. Missouri offers the Aged and Disabled waiver as well as the Supplemental Nursing Care Assistance Program, the State Plan Personal Care Option and the Medicaid Care Options.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Monett
Monett and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Monett, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Monett
Monett-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Monett
Review of Oak Pointe of Monett
We chose Oak Pointe of Monett for my mother-in-law, and we're really happy with the input we're getting from the administration. They were very supportive and communication is excellent; they could... Read more
Review of Oak Pointe of Monett
Oak Pointe of Monett is excellent. The rooms are large and cheerful. The staff is helpful and friendly. The food is excellent and the location is very helpful and close to where I live. My mom is i... Read more