4 Assisted Living Facilities in Neosho, MO
With an average cost of $3,050 in Neosho, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 7 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 4 facilities in Neosho.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Neosho
Neosho, Missouri, is known as the Flower Box City because of the beautiful arrangements that adorn the town square and other neighborhoods. Among those who get to enjoy these gorgeous arrays are the 15% of the population who are over 65. Some of these people reside in one of the four assisted living communities in the city. There are also 12 other facilities in the surrounding area. As in all of Missouri, The Department of Health and Senior Services is responsible for inspecting and licensing assisted living facilities (ALFs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Neosho
- Summers in Neosho can be very hot and muggy, averaging about 90 degrees in July and August. This may be a consideration for seniors dealing with arthritis or other conditions where humidity is a factor.
- Public transportation is somewhat limited in Neosho, with OATS Transit and taxis being the most accessible ways to get around. OATS Transit requires 48 hours or more advance notification. Those looking into assisted living facilities may want to check what transportation services are provided by the specific community.
- While the average violent crime rate is lower in Neosho than state and national averages, the property crime rate is significantly higher. Seniors considering an assisted living community should check to see what security facilities have in place to avoid property crimes.
- The cost of living in Neosho is less than the average for both Missouri and the nation, so affordability may be an incentive for those living on fixed incomes.
- While sales taxes are a bit higher in Missouri than nationally, seniors who rely entirely on Social Security benefits or public pensions for their income may be eligible for a full tax exemption. IRAs and other retirement savings plans are fully taxable.
- Neosho has an active Arts Council, sponsors a Fall Festival complete with a scarecrow contest, and features Big Spring Park with beautiful gardens and picnic tables. Some of the assisted living communities may also offer outings to the local Fish Farm and Newton County Historical Park.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Neosho
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Neosho start around $3,050 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Neosho and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Neosho
The Missouri Department of Social Services does provide some financial assistance to assisted living residents who meet their guidelines. The Supplemental Nursing Care waiver provides MOHealthNet coverage and monthly cash benefits to qualified applicants.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Neosho
Neosho and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Neosho, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Neosho
Neosho-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Neosho
Review of Oak Pointe of Neosho
Oak Pointe of Neosho was really nice. It was clean and well laid-out. The staff members were nice and upbeat. They were good. If I was going to bring my aunt to Missouri, Oak Pointe of Neosho would... Read more
Review of SpringHill
Extremely friendly and very helpful. Did all they could to find funding for my Uncle to stay there. The facility was clean and everyone seemed happy to be there. I had lunch there and the food... Read more
Review of SpringHill
My mother is now in SpringHill. I really like it. It doesn't have memory care, but it is cheaper and not as big. We like it very much. The staff is perfect. They give her lots of attention. Everybo... Read more