8 Assisted Living Facilities near Bella Vista, AR
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bella Vista area, with 2 in Bella Vista and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bella Vista is $3,100 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Springdale with an average starting cost of $2,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 26 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bella Vista. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bella Vista 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Neosho with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bella Vista, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Bella Vista, AR
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bella Vista
Located in northwest Arkansas, Bella Vista was recently named one of the best places to retire by Forbes. It was a planned retirement community, Bella Vista Village, until 2007. With this history, it’s no surprise that 32% of the city’s approximately 28,660 residents are senior citizens.
To serve the area’s large senior population, there are two assisted living facilities within city limits. Another six facilities are located in nearby communities. Bella Vista’s assisted living facilities are regulated by the Office of Long Term Care, a division of the Arkansas Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bella Vista
- In Bella Vista, seniors have many opportunities for outdoor adventures. They can hike the 0.8-mile Tanyard Creek Nature Trail or explore the 22-mile Back 40 Loop at Blowing Springs Park. Seniors who are interested in the city’s history can stop by the Bella Vista Museum.
- With 221 sunny days per year, on average, Bella Vista is much sunnier than the national average. Seniors who live here can enjoy the area’s mild winters; lows are in the 20s, and the city receives just 11 inches of snow per year.
- Compared to the national average, Bella Vista’s overall cost of living is 3.9% lower. Low housing costs are the main factor. However, the city is relatively expensive compared to the rest of Arkansas. Its overall cost of living is 13.9% higher than the statewide average. Some seniors may prefer to retire in a less expensive part of the state.
- Bella Vista has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Rogers.
- Public transit in Bella Vista is limited. Volunteers operate a free Bella Vista Courtesy Van that seniors can use to get around the city. The service is offered Monday through Friday, and rides must be booked in advance.
- NeighborhoodScout included Bella Vista on its list of the top 100 safest cities in the country. Bella Vista’s overall crime rate is lower than 74% of cities and towns in America. The risk of becoming a victim of a crime in this city is only one in 120. Seniors can feel safe and secure as they explore the city.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bella Vista
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arkansas
Assisted Living costs in Bella Vista start around $3,100 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bella Vista and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bella Vista
Arkansas offers a Medicaid waiver, the Living Choices program, that may help eligible seniors pay for assisted living services in Bella Vista. Seniors are responsible for paying their own room-and-board fees.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bella Vista
Bella Vista and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bella Vista, please visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bella Vista
Bella Vista-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arkansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bella Vista
Review of Bella Vista
Bella Vista's assisted living was good, casual, and easy-going. The staff seemed very friendly and caring. The rooms werent huge but adequate. The place was very clean, nice, and positive. Read more
Review of Concordia of Bella Vista
Concordia of Bella Vista was very nice, and they told me everything I needed to know. The staff was very friendly and very informative. The cleanliness was very good. Read more
Review of Concordia of Bella Vista
My dad was in the Alzheimer’s Unit at Concordia Retirement, and it was so crowded that you lined them up in the hallway. It was so bad they shut it down ,and we had to find another place. They didn... Read more