12 Assisted Living Facilities near Webb City, MO
Also serving communities of Carl Junction.
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Webb City area, with 2 in Webb City and 10 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 17 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Webb City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Webb City 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Joplin with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Webb City, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Webb City, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Webb City
Lead was discovered in the Webb City area in the 1800s, and when the lead boom reached its peak in 1916, the city was home to 18,000 people. Since then, the population has declined. As of 2018, an estimated 11,887 people live in Webb City, and 13% of them are seniors. For seniors who need help with activities of daily living, there are two assisted living facilities located within city limits.
Webb City’s assisted living facilities are regulated by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. Licensed facilities provide supervision, personal care services, medication assistance and other services to seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Webb City
- Seniors in Webb City have access to limited arts and culture opportunities, but seniors may enjoy the Webb City Farmers Market and the Rangeline Golf Center. For more options, seniors can travel to nearby Springfield for theaters, parks and museums.
- Unlike some parts of the country, the Webb City area experiences four distinct seasons. It has mild winters, with lows in the 20s, and hot summers, with highs in the 90s. With an average of 46 inches of rain per year, the city is slightly rainier than the national norm.
- Seniors who are on a tight budget may appreciate Webb City’s affordability. Its cost of living is 19.5% lower than the U.S. average. Compared to the country as a whole, Webb City’s housing costs are nearly half the price. Transportation and groceries are also relatively inexpensive.
- Webb City’s crime rate is higher than the national average, which may concern some seniors. This is driven by its high rate of property crime: Webb City residents have a one in 35 chance of becoming a victim.
- Webb City has a couple of public transit options. To travel around Jasper County, seniors can use OATS Transit. To travel to destinations within the city, seniors can schedule curb-to-curb rides through the Metro Area Public Transit System.
- The Springfield metropolitan area has some of the best air in the country, according to the American Lung Association. It’s tied for first place on two measures of air quality, ozone and 24-hour particle pollution. Seniors with respiratory issues may breathe more easily in Webb City.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Webb City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Webb City start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Webb City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Webb City
Webb City seniors who need help paying for assisted living may be eligible for the state's Supplemental Nursing Care program. Seniors who receive SSI may qualify for additional funding through the optional state supplementation program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Webb City
Webb City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Webb City, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Webb City
Webb City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Webb City
Review of The Cottages of Foxberry Terrace
Foxberry Terrace Assisted Living was extremely nice. The staff during the tour was very helpful. The dining area was nice. The apartments were pretty typical of most places, and they had furniture ... Read more
Review of The Cottages of Foxberry Terrace
Pretty neat place. For the most part the staff are honest and caring. However, at times, there are one or two staff members who make it uncomfortable to go in and see my relative. Read more