33 Assisted Living Facilities near Wichita, KS
Also serving communities of Bel Aire, Goddard.
There are 33 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wichita area, with 27 in Wichita and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Wichita is $4,266 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Andover with an average starting cost of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 144 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wichita. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wichita 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Derby with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 23 families in Wichita find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wichita, call (855) 863-8283.
27 Assisted Living Facilities in Wichita, KS
6 Assisted Living Facilities near Wichita, KS
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wichita
Wichita, Kansas, is home to the famous 44-foot tall statue Keeper of the Plains which reflect this city's rich Native American culture. Seniors can enjoy annual festivals, history, explore museums, and choose from 24 Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) within city limits, with 10 more in the nearby area. In Kansas, ALFs are defined as housing arrangements which provide 24-hour supervision, health and personal care services to elderly residents. The state Department for Aging and Disability Services is in charge of setting the statutes and regulations for ALFs statewide.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wichita
- Wichita experiences a varied climate and all four seasons, with a warm average high of 91 degrees in the summer, and a chilly average low of 22 degrees in the winter. With 13 annual inches of snow, seniors with limited mobility may find it quite difficult to get around in the winter months.
- Some seniors may not feel safe in this area due to its high crime rate. Violent crime is rated at 66.1 out of 100 (1 being the safest) which is quite high compared to the national average of 31.1. Property crime is at 62, also higher than the national average at 38.1.
- The Wichita area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Via Christi Hospital St. Joseph’s, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors can maintain a sense of independence and explore the city using the Wichita Transit bus system or the free Q-line Trolley. Wichita's buses are handicap accessible and offer reduced fare to seniors so they'll save money for local shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- Seniors on a budget may find that they can more easily build their savings here in Wichita, due to the cost of living being 15.4 percent lower than the national average.
- Seniors who love to learn can explore Wichita's 33 art and history museums, including the Museum of World Treasures where the most complete skeleton of a T-rex lies.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wichita
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kansas
Assisted Living costs in Wichita start around $4,266 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wichita and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wichita
Kansas seniors with limited income can get help affording assisted living through KanCare, the state’s Medicaid program. Unfortunately, there are no non-Medicaid programs available for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wichita
Wichita and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wichita, please visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wichita
Wichita-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Wichita, KS
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wichita
Review of Homestead of Wichita
In choosing a place for my mother, we wanted a facility that was caring and compassionate, responsive to resident's needs, clean, and reasonable in price. We found it all at Homestead of Wichita. ... Read more
Review of Sedgwick Plaza
Sedgwick Plaza is a little older community. It's more of a hotel design with more floors and hallways which is less of what my mother would want. The staff who helped me during the tour was fantast... Read more
Review of Park West Plaza
Parkwest has been a blessing to our family. We found out about Parkwest thru "A place for mom". Misty was awesome! She went above and beyond to help us. Heather, and all the other staff have been g... Read more