Sedgwick Plaza

Reviews of Sedgwick Plaza

Assisted Living Reviews for Sedgwick Plaza

April 06, 2018

By Thom

Sedgwick Plaza was pretty nice. The staff member very helpful and very informative during the tour. I saw a studio and it was kind of small. There was a library, an arts and crafts room, a room which they use as a chapel, and a room for Bingo. The dining hall is open 24-hours a day. It has high back chairs with wheels on them and it's restaurant-style. They bring the meals to you and you can order specific things off a menu. It has two elevators and a fitness room. It's a high-rise three-story building.

Independent Living Reviews for Sedgwick Plaza

January 21, 2016

By Tuzzlesplace

If you are looking, don't miss out on this diamond in the rough. Our dad lives at Sedgwick Plaza and we couldn't be happier. We moved him last year and although he wasn't "quiet" ready, we knew he couldn't be at home any longer. His quality of life was dwindling from last of socialization and he wasn't eating right. Misty was kind and caring and took time to coach us through the hard stuff. She gave us as much time as we needed and helped to put the puzzle pieces together in what we thought would be an overwhelming situation. Dad couldn't be happier. We toured many other communities and although they were newer, the atmosphere didn't have the same warm, friendly welcome that Sedgwick Plaza did. The family atmosphere, caring staff and very welcoming residents (they love to visit) makes this community feel like home. Residents and staff make you feel like you are family when you first come in the door. We would recommend if you are looking to give them a call, you'll be happy you did.

February 10, 2015

By John100397050

We got here in Sedgwick Plaza in Halloween of 2012, and I am very satisfied. It's great, and I just downsized to a small place when my wife moved out. It's three stories, and I'm in a one-bedroom apartment, which is nicely sized. They have different sizes. They have two bedrooms also, and that's what we had when my wife was here. The food is good; there are three meals a day. They have a movie every night, and it's free. They have a lot of activities, a lot of professional music groups and individuals come in, they play the piano, violin, and most of them sing. They have an exercise program. I went into an exercise class in the morning, they had a woman leading it, and I found out later she was 93 years old, which was mostly movement, not lifting weights or dancing. It lasts probably 25 minutes, six days a week. The rent, I really can't compare that; it's no higher than the others because I wouldn't be here if it was. I was talking to a gentleman the other day; he is 95 years old, and he has been here 22 years. What stands out is the attitude of the people that are here; they all like it, and the staff really works closely to please everybody.

December 08, 2014

By PattyR

My parents moved to Sedgwick Plaza summer of 2006 after my mom had a major stroke. They found it to be clean, comfortable and welcoming. Residents and staff were eager to help them get settled in and involved in activities. Meals were good and the staff was so caring. Eventually they moved to the Assisted Living wing where mom received excellent and attentive care. Even after mom passed away in 2010, dad stayed on, as he felt they were his Wichita family. He lived there until he passed away in 2014 and was an enthusiastic supporter of Sedgwick Plaza the whole time. As a family member, I was so thankful that they were safe, cared for and happy. Sedgwick Plaza is a beautifully decorated and comfortable residence, and I can't say enough about the wonderful staff.

December 01, 2013

By Karen71043650

So far, everything at Sedgwick Plaza is fine. The staff is nice and the food is really good. However, maintenance service sucks. There have been a couple of things that have been broken and they didn't come for a few days. Mom didn't get to take a shower for five days. They have a library, games and movies but they could improve on the maintenance.

November 06, 2013

By surprised

Almost let my Mom die b4 using hospital, Left black mold in toilet (had to clean myself), took 3 months to replace light bulbs, fix toilets, put in base floor trims, rarely picked up trash, ignored pt alarms for 30 min, evicted my Moms cat after 25 months.

August 14, 2013

By Geline

The facility was very clean and nice. They had a place available should we want to move there. The staff was very friendly. The residents were very nice and welcoming.

June 19, 2013

By Phyllis10

Sedgwick Plaza is a nice place. They have everything for you. They do lots of activities like art classes, wood working for men, and singing. The staff are very, very nice.

December 05, 2011

By wachinout4u

This is a lovely assisted living complex in northeast Wichita, off of busy Woodlawn. It is pricey, but provides solid support for those needing some assistance with activitirs of daily living, housekeeping, meals and transportation. The apartments are spacious and there is ambiance in the complex and grounds. The staff work hard to keep an eye out for those changes that might indicate a higher level of care is needed. It is a friendly community. There are tiers of services available dependent upon resident needs. Also, a home health agency is stationed at the complex for those that need additional medical support like setting up medications or reminders to take meds. Ground security is good and there is an active social schedule.

October 19, 2011

By nodnarb

This was a very clean center. They were very friendly to my relative, and had tons of activities for him to do. The people that worked there helped me with all my questions, and helped my relative do his every day tasks with care and ease. I highly recommend this facility. Every day they have him do a few activities such as crosswords and puzzles and they let others make jewelery. His only complaint is about the staff sometimes seeming to ignore his requests. I don't know the specifics because I cannot be there all the time but in his opinion they don't pay enough attention to him some days, but most of the time he's fine with what goes on. I have also heard this from some of his friends there, so maybe they need to spend a little more time attending to their clients but like I said I don't stay there so I have no idea what's going on.

Questions about Sedgwick Plaza

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sedgwick Plaza. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our Assisted Living residents vary in age from 55 up to 100+! They enjoy many activities such as games, bingo, movies, exercise classes, and more!

What programs or activities does Sedgwick Plaza offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Exercise classes, church services, games, social events, and so much more!

What places are near Sedgwick Plaza or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Nature Center, YMCA, shopping, restaurants

What transportation services does Sedgwick Plaza offer to assisted living residents?

Free transportation on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

What makes the chef or dining program at Sedgwick Plaza exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our breads and desserts are made in-house by one of our chefs daily! Our meals are thoughtfully prepared to meet the nutritional needs of our residents as well as taste delicious!

What safety features or security measures does Sedgwick Plaza offer to assisted living residents?

Our Assisted Living is locked with keypad access only. We also have a night security guard who walks the whole community each evening.

How does Sedgwick Plaza keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have a weekly email we can send out as well as a Facebook page. In addition, we also publish a monthly newsletter that can be mailed out or picked up anytime by the front desk.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sedgwick Plaza during daytime and nighttime hours?

We are always staffed at a minimum of 12:1 with a much higher ratio during the day.

If Sedgwick Plaza accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly! Leashed animals are allowed in all common areas around the community with the exception of the dining room. We have multiple courtyards outdoors as well.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We offer in-services for all our staff in addition to other learning opportunities and guest speakers.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Sedgwick Plaza. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents are 55+, vibrant, and active. They enjoy many different activities such as: playing cards, trips to the casino, big money bingo, billiards, movie night, shopping at local stores, watching WSU games, and so much more!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Nature Center, YMCA, shopping, restaurants

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Sedgwick Plaza has organized?

We participate in a traveling table group, take a monthly trip to the Kansas Star Casino, plan mystery trips, lunch outings, go to the movies and over the holidays we traveled around Wichita to see Christmas lights, and much more! We've always got something fun planned!

What transportation services does Sedgwick Plaza offer to independent living residents?

Free scheduled transportation on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

What makes the chef or dining program at Sedgwick Plaza exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We are proud to feature all-day (7 am-7 pm) restaurant-style dining. And we bake all of our breads and desserts in-house daily! Our meals are thoughtfully prepared to meet the nutritional needs of our residents as well as taste delicious!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have our Plaza Room where residents can enjoy a musical group or just enjoy the warmth of the fireplace. In the Library residents and their guests can help themselves to a hot cup of coffee or tea anytime, use the computer to check email, or read a good book. We also have the Meadowlark room for shooting pool or playing a game of cards or watching a sporting event on the big screen. Residents can also reserve the Pioneer Room if they'd like to host a family gathering or party free of charge. This room features a full kitchen, dining room table, a couch and comfortable chairs.

What safety features or security measures does Sedgwick Plaza offer to independent living residents?

Guests must enter through the main door at night. We also have a night security guard.

Does Sedgwick Plaza work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have Genesis Therapy, Right-at-Home and Serenity Home Health with offices in our community to assist residents with their medical and/or personal care needs.

Costs for Sedgwick Plaza

Photos of Sedgwick Plaza

Services and Amenities of Sedgwick Plaza

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: N087033

• Independent Living Starting At: $2095/month

• About Sedgwick Plaza

Our independent and assisted living community in Wichita, Kansas offers just the right amount of personal attention to complement any lifestyle. Conveniently located near medical facilities, recreation centers, shopping and fine dining, Sedgwick Plaza is the ideal setting for vibrant retirement living.

We pride ourselves on fostering independence, promoting well‐being, and enhancing quality of life with a wide range of engaging and life-enriching activities that nurture the mind, body and spirit. Our residents also enjoy exciting social events, delicious and nourishing meals, and a community of friendships with all the privacy of a beautiful apartment they call home.

Located in a residential neighborhood, Sedgwick Plaza offers a wide variety of floor plan options and numerous common spaces for families to utilize. Adding to the comfort and convenience you will find at Sedgwick Plaza is the extensive wellness programs, exercise areas and sessions, a full service beauty and nail salon, scheduled transportation with scheduled valet parking, and much, much more.

Restaurant style dining 7am-7pm, basic cable included, valet parking, salon on site.

Map of Sedgwick Plaza