3 Assisted Living Facilities in Ponca City, OK
The average cost of assisted living in Ponca City is $3,850 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,395.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ponca City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ponca City 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ponca City, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ponca City
Ponca City, Oklahoma is home to authentic cowboys, rodeo shows and a famous 22-foot tall bronze statue of Chief Standing Bear. In addition to attending wild west shows and rodeo museums, other attractions in Ponca City range from Marland mansion tours to Native American history lessons.
Seniors who need some help with daily tasks can choose from three Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in Ponca City. In Oklahoma, these facilities are and are governed statewide by the Oklahoma State Department of Health and defined as long-term care facilities that provide personal care services to senior residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ponca City
- The climate in Ponca City has warm summers with an average high temperature of 93 degrees Fahrenheit and mild winters with a low average of 25 degrees and only nine inches of snow. Seniors who enjoy the change of seasons may feel very comfortable living here.
- Ponca City’s crime rates are higher than the national averages, which may concern seniors and their loved ones. Violent crime is rated at 42.5 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 60.4, which is much higher than the national average of 38.1.
- The Ponca City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including AllianceHealth Ponca City, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors and individuals with limited mobility have access to Cimarron Public Transit, a curb-to-curb scheduled bus service. Seniors must call ahead to schedule their pickups.
- The American Lung Association has given Kay County an ozone rating of C, and a particle pollution 24-hour score of C, which means seniors with a serious respiratory illness may be affected adversely by the air quality.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ponca City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oklahoma
Assisted Living costs in Ponca City start around $3,850 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ponca City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ponca City
SoonerCare, Oklahoma’s Medicaid plan, offers health care coverage to low-income seniors. The Advantage Waiver Program is available for qualified seniors to aid in covering the costs associated with assisted living. There are no non-Medicaid programs which cover assisted living costs in Oklahoma.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ponca City
Ponca City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ponca City, please visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ponca City
Ponca City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oklahoma are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Ponca City, OK
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ponca City
Review of Creekside Village Assisted Living
My mom is in Creekside Village. They're completely remodeling the inside of the facility, freshening up everything, and it looks wonderful. Everything's in very good repair, the staff is very helpf... Read more
Review of Creekside Village Assisted Living
My father has been a resident of Creekside Village for about a year and his life is all the better for it. The whole family has been so surprised by the improvements he has made. He loves the staff... Read more
Review of The Renaissance of Ponca City
I just moved in and it is a very nice place and staff put a smile on my face. Read more