5 Assisted Living Facilities near Stillwater, OK
Also serving communities of Perkins.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Stillwater area, with 4 in Stillwater and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Stillwater is $2,897 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 32 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Stillwater. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Stillwater 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Edmond with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Stillwater, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Stillwater, OK
1 Assisted Living Facility near Stillwater, OK
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Stillwater
Stillwater, Okla., has more than 5,000 acres of parkland with facilities for seniors that include the Multi Arts Center, Lakeside Golf Course and two disc golf courses. Its senior population of 8.4 percent also has a choice of five assisted living facilities, including four in Stillwater. The regulations on assisted living in Oklahoma describe these facilities as assisted living centers, which are administered by the State Department of Health. These facilities also provide assistance with daily living, including eating, grooming and personal care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Stillwater
- Stillwater has a humid, subtropical climate. This climate is characterized by hot summers with more variable weather at other times of the year. The average high temperature of 94 degrees in July means seniors will need to limit their outdoor activities during this time.
- Stillwater’s overall cost of living is about 88 percent of the national average, making it generally affordable for seniors. All essential living expenses are also comparatively inexpensive, especially housing at 79 percent of the national average. Utilities are the highest expense, at 97 percent of the national average.
- The crime rate is high in Stillwater, especially for property crimes. These crimes occur at the rate of 35.45 per thousand people per year, compared to an annual rate of 29.83 per thousand people for Oklahoma as a whole.
- The OSU/Stillwater Community Transit System provides public transportation within the city limits of Stillwater, including the Oklahoma State University campus. Senior citizens 60 and up, Medicare Card holders and the disabled are eligible for discounted fares. Paratransit customers with an ADA Paratransit Authorization Pass can ride for free.
- Stillwater has a Senior Activity Center that offers many activities for seniors 50 and up. The regular schedule includes games, dancing and art classes. This facility also has a fitness center, with cycling, treadmills and free weights.
- The Stillwater area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Stillwater Medical Center, Stillwater Surgery Center and Access Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Stillwater
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oklahoma
Assisted Living costs in Stillwater start around $2,897 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Stillwater and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Stillwater
The OK Sooner Services program is one of the Medicaid Waiver programs in Oklahoma that provide senior citizens with financial assistance for assisted living. Applicants must be at least 65 years of age to qualify for this program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Stillwater
Stillwater and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Stillwater, please visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Stillwater
Stillwater-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oklahoma are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Stillwater, OK
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Stillwater
Review of Golden Oaks Assisted Living
We live in one of the independent living single home ; 2 bedroom, 2 bath, double car garage. Our home is lovely. New when we move here. Staff interaction is good. Food is okay, neither excelle... Read more
Review of Brookdale Stillwater
My husband is living now at Brookdale Stillwater. They did an evaluation of him before he came in, and once he gets acclimated, a couple of the charges might drop off. However, within a couple of w... Read more
Review of Brookdale Stillwater
We've been extremely impressed with the services and facility at Brookdale Stillwater. The staff has been unbelievable, and the food has been really good. My dad's only complaint is he's not a big ... Read more