9 Assisted Living Facilities near Midwest City, OK
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Midwest City area, with 2 in Midwest City and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Midwest City is $3,025 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Del City with an average starting cost of $2,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 65 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Midwest City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Midwest City 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Del City with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Midwest City, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Midwest City, OK
7 Assisted Living Facilities near Midwest City, OK
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Midwest City
Midwest City, Okla., was incorporated in 1943 to support Tinker Air Force Base, which is still its largest single employer. The senior population of Midwest City is 14.4 percent, many of whom are retired military personnel. This area has 29 assisted living facilities, including two in Midwest City itself and 27 in nearby cities such as Bethany and Oklahoma City. The State Department of Health regulates assisted living facilities in Oklahoma, which are officially known as assisted living centers.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Midwest City
- Midwest City typically has warm summers, but the weather during the winter can be more variable. The average high temperature for July is 93 degrees. The average low for January is 26 degrees. This climate allows seniors to engage in outdoor activities for a large portion of the year.
- The overall cost of living in Midwest City is relatively low, about 80 percent of the national average. Housing is particularly inexpensive at 46 percent of the national average, and all other expenses are also below the national average. Seniors should find Midwest City to be an affordable city in which to live.
- The overall crime rate in Midwest City is high, as only 10 percent of the cities in the U.S. have a higher crime rate. However, the rate of violent crime is only 2.2 per thousand people per year, which is significantly lower than Oklahoma’s average rate of 4.5. The biggest risk to seniors is property crimes such as burglary and theft.
- EMBARK, formerly known as METRO Transit, provides public transportation in the Oklahoma City metropolitan area, including bus service in Midwest City. Discounted fares are available for various passenger categories, including senior citizens at least 60 years of age. Monthly bus passes are also available for seniors at a significant discount.
- The Senior Center in Midwest City provides many activities for seniors 55 and up. The regular calendar includes dances, games and classes for various hobbies and life skills.
- The Midwest City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Alliance Health Midwest and Midwest Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Midwest City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oklahoma
Assisted Living costs in Midwest City start around $3,025 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Midwest City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Midwest City
Oklahoma provides many Medicaid Waiver programs for financial assistance with assisted living. Senior citizens 65 years and older are eligible for the OK Sooner Services program, which provides waivers for assisted living and related services such as adult day health and personal care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Midwest City
Midwest City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Midwest City, please visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Midwest City
Midwest City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oklahoma are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Midwest City
Review of FountainBrook Assisted Living & Memory Support
FountainBrook was very good. They have a variety of activities for folks. The place was very clean and fairly new. The staff was very helpful and answered all our questions. We ate there a few time... Read more
Review of Blue Ridge Place
Blue Ridge Place was a small community with assisted living. If you ever get worse, you can stay there. I liked the smallness of the place. I liked the staff and I thought my mother-in-law would ge... Read more
Review of Blue Ridge Place
Blue Ridge Place is very clean and very nice. They have a large dining room, a beauty shop, and activities all day long. They have two chefs on duty all the time. Read more