Village at Oakwood

Reviews of Village at Oakwood

Assisted Living Reviews for Village at Oakwood

October 05, 2021

By Betty

I went to Village at Oakwood. They were quite informative and helpful. We just saw an unfurnished apartment that was set up as a model. The staff during the tour was very good. The facility looked very nice. Because of Covid, I only saw this model room and the waiting area.

September 09, 2021

By Steve

I was impressed with the Village at Oakwood. They have a lot of activities for the people, a lot of nice amenities in the property, and the staff has been there for a long time, like 9 and 10 years, which I think that's kind of unusual for those types of facilities since they seem to have pretty high turnover. All around, we just had a really good feel to it and they're nice people.

Wow, Steve! It sounds like you had a great experience with us. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It means so much when visitors share their experiences. I'm glad we were able to meet your expectations and that the staff made you feel comfortable! It is true it is not common to find an Assisted Living Community that has staff tenure like ours. Because of our tenured staff, we are able to better serve our customers and provide a much better overall experience that can only come with longevity and experienced staff. Thank you again, Steve.

July 19, 2021

By Bhooker

I have lived at the Village at Oakwood, for the past 9 years. It has been for me "a home away from home!" So wonderful! I have a large living room, giant bathroom, and huge bedroom, it is so comfortable! Over 550 sqr feet. The food, 3 delicious meals daily, with healthy snacks to take back to your apartment. Oh yes, the menu has over forty items to choose from daily. The dining room and kitchen are so nice and clean. Village at Oakwood has a large staff of loving, friendly people who care for all residents! You would love it here! When visiting ask for me, I would love to tell you more about the Best Assisted Living Facility, anywhere!!

June 29, 2021

By Gassen

I like living here and how I’m treated. Before coming to the Village At Oakwood I lived in my own house. When living on my own I had to depend on others to help assist me with showers, laundry, and cleaning my house but I couldn’t always depend on them to come. Here I get my laundry, cleaning of my apartment, and showers. I like that I do not have to cook my meals I can go into the dining room and order my food. I also like that I have central heat and air because at my house I had a wall heater which wasn’t too safe. I like that I have more room here, at my house I didn’t have as much room.

June 25, 2021

By stoney.2021

At Village At Oakwood is a safe haven for me.All the staff is incredible. No person here makes you feel like your home away from home. I can't see my place being any weres else. The staff really shows is that they care. Ill be here until I go to heaven.

October 24, 2016

By Hicks645763

The Village at Oakwood is very nice. We are in the middle of the paperwork, but we already have an apartment open for my mom. It is a very clean place. There are people 24/7. They have restaurant style dining, a library, a gym, and activities. They have a PA on-staff during the week -- Monday through Friday. They have 4 geriatric doctors and people to help with medicine, bathing, cleaning, and laundry. They give out the necklaces in case they fall. It uses a combination of Advantage Medicaid and Medicare, and then the tenant pays a percentage of their social security, so she even gets to keep money.

Questions about Village at Oakwood

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Village at Oakwood. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We believe our role is not to "do for," but to "assist with" each resident’s identified needs. By emphasizing assistance, we support independence and promote dignity for the residents of our community. Therefore our residents are active not only in the Assisted Living Community but also may be active in the general community as well. Each resident is an active participant in their care and does not require assistance with transfers or ambulation. Our resident must be at least 62 or better in age. Our average resident age is around 75. Many of our residents enjoy playing cards, bingo, music, entertainers, crafting, shopping, volunteering in community outreach, singing, dancing, church services, etc.

What programs or activities does Village at Oakwood offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our activities and life enrichment department provides a robust offering of life-enriching opportunities, such as trips to the theater and casino, outings to shopping and attractions, community events, crafting, educational speakers, music entertainers, volunteer opportunities, fitness classes, church service, walking groups, social and themed parties, family events and much more.

What places are near Village at Oakwood or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located next to an On-Cue gas station and have a shopping center across the street that has dining, shopping, barbershop, flower shop, fitness center, bank, snow cone shack, and much more.

What transportation services does Village at Oakwood offer to assisted living residents?

Village at Oakwood offers scheduled weekly outings for shopping and errand. We have frequent scheduled recreational outings in which we provide transportation to and from.

What makes the chef or dining program at Village at Oakwood exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

At Village at Oakwood, our residents enjoy a unique dining experience where original culinary creations, along with traditional dishes, provide a variety of meal options. We offer a 4-page menu that is specially prepared to present you with, not only healthy but great tasting meals. With our 4 page menu, you will have a variety of meal options to choose from, giving you the ability to pick what you want to eat at each meal. Much like some other favorites restaurants, we even offer breakfast all day. We accommodate a variety of special diets and other restrictions because we care about you and want you to enjoy what you eat.

What safety features or security measures does Village at Oakwood offer to assisted living residents?

Our community is designed to accommodate mobility needs and provide routine or emergency assistance by trained caregivers. Each resident will have available an emergency alert pendant, which can be used to notify staff of the resident's emergent needs.

How does Village at Oakwood keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Families will receive a phone call if there is any change in the health of their loved one. We also utilize mass messaging through email to deliver information on ongoing events and communications about need-to-know information about our Assisted Living Community.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff training consists of a thorough onboarding program, observation, peer-to-peer mentoring, and ongoing, annual training as required by the state regulations. Licensed staff is required to complete continued education per their licensure in order to remain licensed and eligible for employment.

Costs for Village at Oakwood

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: Accepts Medicaid

• State Licenses: AL-5534

About Village at Oakwood

Since 2010, Oklahoma seniors have called Village at Oakwood home. We are an assisted living community that focuses on helping aging adults 62 and over live independently, while still giving them access to the assistance they may require. Our senior living community works for hand in hand with government programs that provide financial assistance to our residents, making our assisted living community more affordable than any other provider in the state of Oklahoma.

Our affordable apartments offer a cozy atmosphere filled with each resident’s own furnishings to give them a true sense of being home. Here at Village at Oakwood we strive to be the assisted living provider of choice for Oklahoma’s Greatest Generation by delivering the highest quality care in our 90 unit assisted living community.

Map of Village at Oakwood