Village at Oakwood

817 SW 59th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73109
Village at Oakwood (405) 451-3963
PROMOTION! 40 days

Move-in month and second-month FREE RENT. Free basic cable for the remainder of 2021 for new move-ins. $715 or LESS a month for Assisted Living Room and Board for qualified individuals.

Reviews of Village at Oakwood

Assisted Living Reviews for Village at Oakwood

July 01, 2021

By Warren45

Before living at Village at Oakwood I had lived in an apartment by myself for many years. I had trouble meeting people. I had very few friends. I arrived at Village at Oakwood on November 6, 2013. I was reluctant and really scared. I was very ill prior to moving into Village at Oakwood and was unable to call anyone for help. My children knew then they needed to find help for me. My son found the Village at Oakwood. Within a few days I was included in with the “girls” and the fun began! I felt like I had been here for years. We have outside and inside activities – Bible study, church service, and resident council meetings where we are able to express our feelings and get our questions answered. The Village at Oakwood has been an answer to prayers for my children and me. They don’t worry about me being taken care of. If you or one of your family members are in need of a place to live, please consider the Village at Oakwood. This will be your “Home”

June 29, 2021

By Gassen

I like living here and how I’m treated. Before coming to the Village At Oakwood I lived in my own house. When living on my own I had to depend on others to help assist me with showers, laundry, and cleaning my house but I couldn’t always depend on them to come. Here I get my laundry, cleaning of my apartment, and showers. I like that I do not have to cook my meals I can go into the dining room and order my food. I also like that I have central heat and air because at my house I had a wall heater which wasn’t too safe. I like that I have more room here, at my house I didn’t have as much room.

June 25, 2021

By stoney.2021

At Village At Oakwood is a safe haven for me.All the staff is incredible. No person here makes you feel like your home away from home. I can't see my place being any weres else. The staff really shows is that they care. Ill be here until I go to heaven.

October 24, 2016

By Hicks645763

The Village at Oakwood is very nice. We are in the middle of the paperwork, but we already have an apartment open for my mom. It is a very clean place. There are people 24/7. They have restaurant style dining, a library, a gym, and activities. They have a PA on-staff during the week -- Monday through Friday. They have 4 geriatric doctors and people to help with medicine, bathing, cleaning, and laundry. They give out the necklaces in case they fall. It uses a combination of Advantage Medicaid and Medicare, and then the tenant pays a percentage of their social security, so she even gets to keep money.

Questions about Village at Oakwood

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Village at Oakwood. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We believe our role is not to "do for," but to "assist with" each resident’s identified needs. By emphasizing assistance, we support independence and promote dignity for the residents of our community. Therefore our residents are active not only in the Assisted Living Community but also may be active in the general community as well. Each resident is an active participant in their care and does not require assistance with transfers or ambulation. Our resident must be at least 62 or better in age. Our average resident age is around 75. Many of our residents enjoy playing cards, bingo, music, entertainers, crafting, shopping, volunteering in community outreach, singing, dancing, church services, etc.

What programs or activities does Village at Oakwood offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our activities and life enrichment department provides a robust offering of life-enriching opportunities, such as trips to the theater and casino, outings to shopping and attractions, community events, crafting, educational speakers, music entertainers, volunteer opportunities, fitness classes, church service, walking groups, social and themed parties, family events and much more.

What places are near Village at Oakwood or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located next to an On-Cue gas station and have a shopping center across the street that has dining, shopping, barbershop, flower shop, fitness center, bank, snow cone shack, and much more.

What transportation services does Village at Oakwood offer to assisted living residents?

Village at Oakwood offers scheduled weekly outings for shopping and errand. We have frequent scheduled recreational outings in which we provide transportation to and from.

What makes the chef or dining program at Village at Oakwood exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

At Village at Oakwood, our residents enjoy a unique dining experience where original culinary creations, along with traditional dishes, provide a variety of meal options. We offer a 4-page menu that is specially prepared to present you with, not only healthy but great tasting meals. With our 4 page menu, you will have a variety of meal options to choose from, giving you the ability to pick what you want to eat at each meal. Much like some other favorites restaurants, we even offer breakfast all day. We accommodate a variety of special diets and other restrictions because we care about you and want you to enjoy what you eat.

What safety features or security measures does Village at Oakwood offer to assisted living residents?

Our community is designed to accommodate mobility needs and provide routine or emergency assistance by trained caregivers. Each resident will have available an emergency alert pendant, which can be used to notify staff of the resident's emergent needs.

How does Village at Oakwood keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Families will receive a phone call if there is any change in the health of their loved one. We also utilize mass messaging through email to deliver information on ongoing events and communications about need-to-know information about our Assisted Living Community.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Staff training consists of a thorough onboarding program, observation, peer-to-peer mentoring, and ongoing, annual training as required by the state regulations. Licensed staff is required to complete continued education per their licensure in order to remain licensed and eligible for employment.

Costs for Village at Oakwood

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: Accepts Medicaid

• State Licenses: AL-5534

About Village at Oakwood

Since 2010, Oklahoma seniors have called Village at Oakwood home. We are an assisted living community that focuses on helping aging adults 62 and over live independently, while still giving them access to the assistance they may require. Our senior living community works for hand in hand with government programs that provide financial assistance to our residents, making our assisted living community more affordable than any other provider in the state of Oklahoma.

Our affordable apartments offer a cozy atmosphere filled with each resident’s own furnishings to give them a true sense of being home. Here at Village at Oakwood we strive to be the assisted living provider of choice for Oklahoma’s Greatest Generation by delivering the highest quality care in our 90 unit assisted living community.

Map of Village at Oakwood