15 Assisted Living Facilities near Del City, OK
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Del City area, with 1 in Del City and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Del City is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,360.
To help you with your search, browse the 114 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Del City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Del City 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Del City, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Del City, OK
14 Assisted Living Facilities near Del City, OK
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Del City
Review of Wellington Parke
We could not have chosen a more compassionate and caring memory care facility for our mother. She was comfortable, well cared for and we knew she was in good hands when we were not there. The nurse... Read more
Review of Wellington Parke
Wellington Parke was very good, and they also have memory care. The rooms were spacious. They have a garden. They have a bus that accommodates wheelchairs, and walkers. They also have a town car fo... Read more
Review of Wellington Parke
Wellington Parke was very nice and clean. The staff all seemed very friendly, caring, and nice. The facility location was a little awkward, but we were able to find it in a very quiet area that's n... Read more
Assisted Living near Cleveland County, OK
More Options Near Del City, OK
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Del City
Del City is part of the Oklahoma City metropolitan area, next to Midwest City and Tinker Air Force Base. Its population has been declining steadily since the oil bust in that area during the 1980s, although the current senior population of 14.5 percent has remained steady since then. Seniors in the Del City area have a total of 40 assisted living facilities from which to choose; although, only one of them is within the city limits. These facilities provide a residence for seniors where they receive assistance with personal care activities, such as grooming and medication assistance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Del City
- Del City’s location in central Oklahoma results in extreme differences between wet and dry weather. This difference is the reason this region is so prone to tornadoes, which regularly strike the Oklahoma City area. Seniors should ensure they have an available storm shelter when living in Del City.
- The cost of living is particularly low in Del City, allowing seniors to budget their expenses more easily than in many other U.S. cities. The overall cost of living is about 77 percent of the national average, primarily due to the low cost of housing. Groceries are about 89 percent of the national average, and all other essential living expenses are unremarkable.
- Del City has a high crime rate, largely due to its location in the southeastern portion of Oklahoma City’s metropolitan area. The overall crime rate in Del City is 54.17 per thousand people per year, which is higher than 95 percent of U.S. cities and much higher than the state average of 34.33 per thousand people per year. Seniors in Del City should use particular caution to ensure their personal safety.
- Embark is responsible for public transportation in the Oklahoma City area, with route 015 going through Del City. Seniors over 65 pay half price compared to the standard fare. Unlimited passes for one day, one week and one month are also available at a discount for seniors.
- The Senior Center in Midwest City is less than five miles from downtown Del City and is open to all residents of Oklahoma County who are at least 55 years of age. This center keeps a full schedule of regular activities, including games, adult education and community services. Special events include square dancing, line dancing and big band dancing.
Paying for Assisted Living in Del City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oklahoma
Assisted Living costs in Del City start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Del City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Del City
Seniors seeking financial assistance for assisted living in Del City have options such as a Medicaid waiver, which is available through the ADvantage Program. They can also get assistance with personal care from this state’s Medicaid State Plan.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Del City
Del City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Del City, please visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Del City
Del City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oklahoma are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page for more information about these laws.