Oklahoma City is home to 328,000 residents, 16.5% of whom are 65 years and over. The city’s comfortable climate comes from its warm summers, mild winters and precipitation levels slightly below the national average. It has an above-average number of Medicare-registered physicians and 25 hospitals in and around the city limits, including the Oklahoma Heart Hospital and the Bone and Joint Hospital at St. Anthony, which handles simple and complex orthopedic surgeries. The Genworth Cost of Care Survey for 2020 shows that Oklahoma City’s nursing home costs are well below the national average and slightly below the state average.

Nursing homes are a practical solution for seniors who lack the ability to look after themselves without constant supervision and management of their medical needs. Nursing home facilities include skilled staff and nurses who care for seniors’ everyday requirements, from helping them dress and bathe to administering medication. Consequently, nursing home fees tend to be higher than assisted living and home health care services.

This guide provides more detail on care services for seniors, including local resources that can enhance their quality of life.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Oklahoma City, OK

Park Place Healthcare and Rehab

1530 Grand Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK, 73117

The Fountains at Canterbury

1404 NW 122nd Street, Oklahoma City, OK, 73114

My mom went for rehab and skilled nursing at The Fountains at Canterbury for about five or six weeks. Appearance and layout are good. The physical therapy people and doctor are awesome, but the nursin … (read more)

Bellevue Health & Rehabilitation Center

6500 N Portland Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK, 73116

My wife was a patient in the Rehab section of Bellevue for five weeks after surgery. The owners and employees are very professional and patient oriented. They arranged transportation from the hospit … (read more)

Baptist Home Care (SUBUNIT)

9700 Mashburn Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK, 73162

My father required care in the skilled/rehab section of Baptist Village. It is a newer facility that is very clean. I loved how each section or neighborhood was laid out. Each one had its own kitche … (read more)

2016

Concordia Life Care Community

7707 West Britton Road, Oklahoma City, OK, 73132

Deaconess Hospital, Snf

5501 NORTH PORTLAND, Oklahoma City, OK, 73112

Deaconess Hospital was a good hospital. My husband was the the skilled nursing for two weeks and he did not meet tha Medicare improvement requirement so we had to leave. The rooms were very good as we … (read more)

South Pointe Rehabilitation and Care Center

5725 South Ross Avenue , Oklahoma City, OK, 73119

I’ve only visited my dad once since he moved into South Pointe Rehabilitation and Care Center and I was there for two hours. It’s a big facility and I had to walk down so many hallways just to get to … (read more)

ACCEL AT CRYSTAL PARK

315 SW 80TH STREET, Oklahoma City, OK, 73139

I’m currently in rehab at Accel at Crystal Park. I have been very pleased. The therapist seemed to know what needs to be done, they’re very personable and helpful and caring. So I have no problems. My … (read more)

Epworth Villa Health Services

14901 N Penn Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK, 73134

Staff nice The equipment is old and broken down. My bed is too painful to rest in after surgery so I had to move to a chair over 15 hours ago. No word on when I can have a bed. I have been wai … (read more)

Kingwood Skilled Nursing and Therapy

1921 NORTHEAST 21ST STREET, Oklahoma City, OK, 73111

The staff was caring most of the time. The facility always appeared clean but did sometimes smell of urine. The staff was always involved in improving their services and so requested in meetings held … (read more)

Skyview Nursing Center

2200 Coltrane Road, Oklahoma City, OK, 73121

Amazing care! This is an older facility, but the owners are remodeling and it’s looking better when I visit. More importantly..the care they provide my father is wonderful. He has been in a few othe … (read more)

South Park East

225 SOUTHWEST 35TH STREET, Oklahoma City, OK, 73109

This place is amazing . They are all so nice and caring not only about the residents but the family as well. They went beyond any expectations we ever had . They sat with mebuntil.my gma took her last … (read more)

St Ann’s Skilled Nursing & Therapy

9400 St Ann’s Drive, Oklahoma City, OK, 73162

My wife was in a hospital and they got her to skilled nursing in St. Ann’s Skilled Nursing & Therapy. She’s been there for 2 weeks now. Her experience, so far, is good. She’s improving every day a … (read more)

Tuscany Village Nursing Center

2333 Tuscany Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK, 73120

My father is in Tuscany Village Nursing Center. We’re going to try to get him to stay there because he likes it there and they seem to be taking good care of him. They all seem nice and seem to be doi … (read more)

The Lakes

5701 WEST BRITTON ROAD, Oklahoma City, OK, 73132

The Lakes Skilled and Long Term Nursing Care has done very well. My dad’s nurses have been very wonderful to work with, and they are very attentive to him. I believe it fits his needs at this moment … (read more)

Heritage Rehabilitation

13500 BRANDON PLACE, Oklahoma City, OK, 73142

My brother is a patient here and they treat him great! Of course some of the nurses are better than others, some meals better than, etc… but all in all he gets the help he needs and they are very ki … (read more)

Warr Acres Nursing Center

6501 N Macarthur Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK, 73127

Stay away my mom died after being without oxygen because no one checked on her
Stay away my mom died after being without oxygen because no one checked on her

Meadowlake Estates

959 Southwest 107th Street, Oklahoma City, OK, 73139

My mother has been in Meadowlake Estates for two months now. Most of the staff is pretty hardworking, but they’re probably understaffed right now. I’m not convinced they follow all of their Covid prot … (read more)

Windsor Hills Nursing Center

2416 NORTH ANN ARBOR, Oklahoma City, OK, 73127

The staff at Windsor Hills Nursing Center are very nice people! At first it was clean and smelled fine. Over a short period of time rooms were not clean even their trays they ate on in their rooms we … (read more)

Heritage Manor

3804 NORTH BARR, Oklahoma City, OK, 73122

My grandmother lived here for almost 2 years. The employees and other residents treated her like a family member. They were very caring and committed to her well being. I would highly recommend this f … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Oklahoma City, OK

Oklahoma City’s semiprivate rooms cost an average of $5,247 per month, while private rooms are typically in the region of $5,779.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

When compared to the average monthly fees of semiprivate rooms across the United States, Oklahoma City’s nursing homes at $5,247 per month are typically around $2,500 cheaper than those of their counterparts. However, Oklahoma City’s semiprivate rooms are much closer to the average for the state ($5,323), although still a little more economical. When compared to neighboring cities, such as Tulsa ($5,323), the figure remains lower, especially when compared to the pricier city of Lawton ($5,597). If compared to locations that border the state, Oklahoma City is more expensive than Wichita Falls, Texas ($4,502), but cheaper than Fort Smith ($5,551) in Arkansas.

$5247

Wichita Falls, Texas

$5551

Fort Smith, Arkansas

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Family members who are unsure if a nursing home is the best solution for their loved ones may want to consider comparing the benefits and costs of alternative forms of care. These tend to be less expensive because they offer lower levels of care for seniors who are capable of maintaining independent or semi-independent lives. The least expensive option is adult day health care, which typically costs in the region of $1,517, followed by assisted living at $3,900 monthly, while home care averages $4,385, with an additional $48 per month for seniors who need help with their medication.

$4385

Adult day health care

$3900

Assisted Living

$5247

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$5779

Nursing home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Oklahoma City, OK

Free Resources for Seniors in Oklahoma City, OK

The table below provides the names and contact details of Oklahoma City providers and a description of the various free resources they make available to seniors and their families. These resources can help enhance the lives of those who have some degree of independence, as well as those who may be considering the services of a nursing home and  looking for unbiased advice and guidance.

ResourceContactService
Areawide Aging Agency(405) 942-8500The Areawide Aging Agency is a nonprofit organization that helps seniors in the counties of Oklahoma, Canadian, Cleveland and Logan. Its services are aimed at residents aged 60 and over, particularly those living below the poverty line. The organization’s services include an emergency helpline for seniors in crisis that can arrange items such as winter coats and summer blankets. Its Legal Aid Senior Division provides counseling and education services.
OKC ParksWill Rogers Center (405) 297-1455Woodson Center (405) 297-1459OKC Parks provides two locations for seniors to socialize with their neighbors and participate in a wide range of programs that benefit their physical and mental health. The services at the Will Rogers Senior Center and Woodson Senior Center include playing cards, learning a new language, taking part in exercise classes, yoga and creative writing.
Meals on Wheels, Oklahoma City(405) 609-1035Residents of Oklahoma City who are 60 years of age or more can apply for Meals on Wheels if they are unable to leave their homes without support and have no one who can prepare their meals.  The service works with various providers in the area to prepare and deliver hot and nutritious meals in Oklahoma County, with the exception of Edmond.
Oklahoma County Senior Nutrition Program(405) 949-2709Seniors who don’t qualify for Meals on Wheels may still qualify for this program, which operates Monday to Friday, serving hot and nutritious meals prepared and served in various sites in Oklahoma and Canadian counties. Seniors will need to travel to those sites for their meals.
Oklahoma Healthy Aging Initiative(405) 271-2290The Oklahoma Healthy Aging Initiative (OHAI) has established a network of centers aimed at helping seniors in Oklahoma City and other cities in the state lead healthier and happier lives. Its services include clinical care and education on a range of matters, such as arthritis management. It also organizes classes and groups that improve physical wellbeing, such as tai chi and walking in teams.