Epworth Villa

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

14901 N Pennsylvania Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73134
Epworth Villa (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Epworth Villa

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Epworth Villa

August 08, 2015

By Rhonda26

They were just friendly. We ate at Epworth Villa, and their food was satisfactory. They have bingo and different types of excursions that they take their residents on.

July 13, 2015

My sister and I looked at Epworth Villa, and we liked it. The staff answered all the questions that we asked. They were friendly, cordial, and showed us around. There was a variety of food, and it was good. The rooms were clean and nice. They clean it several times a week to maintain its appearance. They had activities like bingo, church services, singing group, piano recitals, and all kind of things going on. They had very good security.

May 06, 2015

By David105890250

Epworth Villa was a nice place. It was upscale, relaxing, and homey. It has large rooms with its own washer and dryer which my grandmother likes. We didn’t try the food, but I heard it’s good, and the sitting areas were really nice. We talked to the salesperson that was going around, and she was really nice. It seems like they had a workout facility and some other accommodations like a pool. It’s our favorite. It was just that you paid more money for it.

May 04, 2015

Epworth Villa is extremely nice, but it is a very expensive place. The woman I was searching a place for told me to go there. I did go in, and that is the place she wants to go, but there is a humongous difference in prices and facilities. You can't really compare them with other facility because there is not really a comparison. The rooms would be like your own homes or a five star hotel. It is huge with a full kitchen and granite countertops. It has appliances that are better than in my home. It is extremely nice. The place is very elegant, and the employees were friendly. But to be honest, they were probably not as helpful as the other facility. They have a swimming pool and an exercise room. When you walk in the door, there is something like a coffee house where you can get coffee or tea and pastries. They have a little table, and they have sitting areas where you can have a small group. There was like a men's group that were actually meeting and a table with couples playing cards. They have a gym and a clinic like in a doctor's office. They had cafeterias that were set like restaurant style. This place is extremely large, so there were several of them. In addition, they had what is almost like a mall area and another bistro back in there which I couldn't see because it was technically not open yet. The pricing was a little bit ridiculous, but other than the pricing, the place is phenomenal. It is extremely nice and very upscale.

April 10, 2015

By Harold23

I visited somebody's apartment in Epworth. It's a big place, but their monthly charges were higher. They had some parts that are new, and the sanitation was alright.

April 02, 2015

By GBCarl

Originally we were very high on Epworth. I'd been acquainted with them over the last several years - all positive. However, we took my parents to visit, they signed the paperwork, put down a deposit for a cottage, picked out all the finishes. Then several weeks into it, I receive a call from one of the marketing people that they had rejected my parents (my parents are in the initial stages of dementia - Alzheimer's and Lewy Body) based on medical records. They never did a personal assessment. We'd been very upfront from the beginning about their diagnoses. We finally received an apology, but they need to complete review and redo their processes. Assess before you have people relying on your promises. My parents had sold their house based on this. We are looking at other locations, but very, very disappointed in this behavior by Epworth

February 20, 2015

By Lelaine

Epworth Village was very nice, but I just didn’t get the same feeling of welcoming. The rooms weren’t tremendous, but they looked very comfortable.

November 29, 2014

The staff at Epworth Villa seemed very caring. The ones we talked to during our visit seemed really nice and helpful. It's a very nice facility as well. Their dining area seemed large and clean. The surroundings are very nice, and I would recommend them to others.

August 22, 2013

By retummin

This facility offers all four levels of care. It also offers a variety of apartment and cottage sizes all of which are well-appointed. I have visited and interviewed a number of residents all of which are highly complementary of the facility. The food they serve is excellent. There are numerous activities one can participate in if desired.

December 03, 2012

By firemedic247

Epworth Villa in Oklahoma City is one of the better nursing homes in the area. The facility is extremely clean and well kept, and the decor is far nicer than the standard linoleum floors and plastered walls of most facilities. Patients' rooms are neatly organized, and they are surprisingly spacious. The staff works hard at this facility to see that the patients' needs are met, and the ratio between the staff and the residents is much smaller than usual. This allows for much better care of the residents. There are also a large number of activities that the residents can participate in, and the staff works hard to involve all of the residents in something that they can find stimulating. This facility also has a much better menu than most nursing homes do. The food there resembles something that is home-cooked, rather than the usual unidentifiable fare found in most nursing homes. All in all, this facility does a very good job of taking care of the people who are living there, and the staff works very hard at keeping everything in order. The main concern is for the patients, and every effort is made to ensure their safety and well-being.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (18) See fewer reviews

Costs for Epworth Villa

Cost of Continuing Care Retirement Community

Photos of Epworth Villa

Services and Amenities of Epworth Villa

• Independent Living Starting At: $1925/month
  • Continuing Care Retirement Community Starting At: $1925/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

• State Licenses: CC5504

About Epworth Villa

In 1990, Epworth Villa opened its doors, and we’ve been flourishing ever since. Our residents include singles and couples from all walks of life. Retired teachers, ministers, military, veterans, physicians, lawyers, small business owners, full-time homemakers, and more, all united by an enthusiasm for life and each other. True, deep friendships are made among those who live here, and the result is a sense of community you’ll not likely find anywhere else.

Epworth Villa was founded by and is affiliated with the Oklahoma Conference of the United Methodist Church. However, you’ll find people of many denominations living here. Welcoming people of all backgrounds and faiths is one of the reasons our community has such vitality and strength.

As a locally owned not-for-profit Life Plan Community, we reinvest our revenue after expenses back into the community to maintain staff and our beautiful environment and to keep enhancing services and amenities.

As the senior population continues to grow, we will continue to adjust to meet their expanding needs and their desire to embrace all that life has to offer.

If you’re looking for a generous menu of opportunities for enjoying life to its fullest, then you’ve come to the right place. Around here, there are lots of things to do and people to see – if that’s what you’re looking for. At Epworth Villa in Oklahoma City, the list of Services and Amenities is long. So whether you enjoy spending time with new friends who share your interests or are inclined to follow a more solitary path, the options are many and the choices are all yours.

FOR YOUR HOME

• Housekeeping services every other week
  • All utilities except telephone and Internet
  • Expanded Cable television
  • Weekly flat linen service
  • All exterior and interior maintenance
  • Trash removal

FOR YOUR COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE

• Epworth Villa provides regularly scheduled transportation service to nearby shopping such as Crest grocery store, Super Target, Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market, Uptown Grocery, Natural Grocers and Homeland.
  • One free covered parking space for each North and South -Building apartment
  • One free underground garage parking space for each East Wing apartment
  • Onsite banking with BancFirst
  • Coffee shop and convenience store
  • Meeting rooms
  • Guest suites
  • Individual mailboxes for in-house and U.S. mail
  • Salon and Spa Services

FOR YOUR PHYSICAL & MENTAL HEALTH

Fitness Center featuring:

• Comprehensive list of exercise classes
  • On-site instructors
  • Indoor heated pool and whirlpool
  • Personalized fitness programs

FOR YOUR DINING PLEASURE

• Flexible dining plans
  • Private dining rooms
  • Three different dining venues, from formal to casual

FOR YOUR SECURITY
  • 24-hour urgent call system in each residence
  • 24-hour Safety Personnel on-site service

FOR FUN AND FASCINATION

• Recreational, cultural, educational and spiritual programs
  • 40 acres of beautiful grounds with gardens, walking trails, lake and gazebo
  • Community garden with individual garden areas
  • Movie theater
  • Grand Ballroom
  • Woodworking shop
  • Arts and crafts studio
  • Library with Metropolitan Public Library book exchange
  • Private living room with cozy fireplace and private dining rooms for entertaining larger groups of family and friends
  • Card rooms

FOR YOUR SPIRITUAL WELL-BEING

Brill Chapel featuring:

• Spacious sanctuary open every day
  • Weekly Vespers services

All of this plus a healthy schedule of field trips, clubs, seminars, and other activities at your fingertips. Residents organize much of it, and all of it is available to everyone who lives here.

Assisted Living

Assisted Living can mean so many different things to so many people. At Epworth Villa, we offer a comprehensive approach from providing help with bathing and dressing, to medication management, personal grooming assistance, and much more. All of these services are provided in our dedicated assisted living neighborhood.

Our assisted living neighborhood is an integrated extension of all that makes Epworth Villa such a friendly, welcoming place to live. Providing whatever assistance is needed helps residents continue to pursue their everyday life with vitality and a higher level of independence than they otherwise might have been able to achieve. Highly-trained, caring staff, well-appointed suites, and complete access to all the services and amenities we have to offer combine to help every resident get the most out of life no matter where in life they are. And on top of all that, the deep, personal relationships that are developed between residents and staff become uniquely fulfilling for everyone involved.

Memory Care

Feeling comfortable, secure, and appreciated can go a long way toward helping anyone with memory challenges feel more at ease. At Epworth Villa, assisted living memory care is designed to help residents and their families experience the security and dignity they need that will result in the quality of life everyone deserves.

~

We encourage each resident to be mindful of their spirit, however they may define that part of their life. We think that mindfulness helps each of us not only face and overcome our troubles, but also embrace the richness life can offer.

Map of Epworth Villa