19 Assisted Living Facilities near Yukon, OK
Also serving communities of El Reno.
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Yukon area, with 3 in Yukon and 16 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Yukon is $3,095 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Bethany with an average starting cost of $2,745.
To help you with your search, browse the 117 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Yukon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Yukon 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Del City with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Yukon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Yukon, OK
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Yukon
Yukon is known as “The Czech Capital of Oklahoma” due to the many Czechs who immigrated to the area in the late 19th century. The annual Czech Day celebrations are a reminder of the city’s heritage. At the last census, there were nearly 23,000 people living in Yukon, and 15.7% of them are seniors. Within city limits, there are three assisted living facilities; another 16 are located in Oklahoma City, Bethany and other nearby communities.
These facilities, just like those in the rest of the state, are regulated by the Oklahoma State Department of Health. Licensed assisted living facilities provide accommodations, assistance with personal care and other services to their senior residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Yukon
- This small city has plenty of arts and culture for seniors to enjoy. Seniors can visit the Yukon Czech Hall for dancing and live polka music. At the free Yukon Historical Museum, seniors can view local artifacts and learn about the city’s history. Another free attraction is the annual Oklahoma Czech Festival, which features traditional Czech meals, dancing and a parade.
- Yukon is much sunnier than the national norm. It receives 232 sunny days per year, while the U.S. average is only 205. With only six inches of snow falling per year, the city is also significantly less snowy than the typical American city. This weather is ideal for seniors who enjoy golf and other outdoor pursuits.
- Public transit options in Yukon are limited. Low-income seniors can use the free RSVP Provide-A-Ride service to reach their medical appointments. This service will also take seniors to the pharmacy to pick up their medications.
- In Yukon, the overall cost of living is 1.2% lower than the national average, though it’s 10.8% more expensive than the statewide average. Seniors on fixed incomes may prefer to retire in a more affordable Oklahoma city.
- Compared to other cities of a similar size, Yukon has a low crime rate. Residents of this city have a one in 706 chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime. For property crimes, the risk is one in 63.
- The Yukon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including INTEGRIS Canadian Valley Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Yukon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oklahoma
Assisted Living costs in Yukon start around $3,095 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Yukon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Yukon
The state offers a Medicaid waiver called the ADvantage Program, that may help seniors in Yukon pay for assisted living services. Eligibility is determined based on medical and financial needs, among other factors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Yukon
Yukon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Yukon, please visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Yukon
Yukon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oklahoma are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Yukon
Review of Heritage Assisted Living
Heritage Assisted Living was excellent. The place was very clean. The staff was very informative. It was very impressive. It was one of our top places. We had seen two apartments there and they wer... Read more
Review of Heritage Assisted Living
Heritage Assisted Living was very nice and clean. When we came in, they greeted us and the activities director showed us around and showed us stuff. They let us know what activities they have and t... Read more
Review of Victorian Estates
Victorian Estates' rooms were very nice and had sitting rooms. They had games and people playing cards who were interacting well. Read more