17 Assisted Living Facilities near Mustang, OK
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mustang area, with 3 in Mustang and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mustang is $3,385 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Yukon with an average starting cost of $2,995.
To help you with your search, browse the 128 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mustang. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mustang 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Yukon with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mustang, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Mustang, OK
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mustang
Mustang is a small city of around 21,000 people and is part of the Oklahoma City metropolitan area. It has a sizable senior population, with 13 percent of residents aged 65 or over. Seniors may find accommodation in one of the city's three assisted living facilities. There are another 41 in nearby communities including Yukon and Moore.
In Oklahoma, these facilities are overseen by the State Department of Health's Long Term Care Service of Protective Health Services, which provides licenses and conducts regular inspections of long-term care facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mustang
- The Mustang area is home to world-class medical facilities, including SSM St. Anthony Healthplex, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Mustang is part of the Oklahoma City metropolitan area, a city that tied 1st for cleanest metropolitan areas in the country with regards to particle pollution. Canadian County also does well in the ozone pollution category, receiving an A grade in the last "State of the Air" report by the American Lung Association.
- Sperling lists Mustang's cost of living at 100, which is equal to the national average but higher than the Oklahoma average of 89. Seniors may be able to save money on groceries, which are cheaper than the national average, but they will pay more for healthcare, which is 19 percent higher than the national average.
- Mustang has warm summers and cool winters, with July highs averaging 93 degrees and January lows of 28. The city only gets 6 inches of snow each year, which is 20 inches less than the national average. Seniors who like spending time outdoors have an average of 238 days of sunshine to enjoy each year, compared to the U.S. average of just 205.
- The Mustang Senior Center offers seniors in the city transportation for weekly shopping trips.
- Seniors receiving Social Security retirement benefits are completely exempt from income tax in Oklahoma. Although seniors who are funding their retirement through a pension or retirement fund are subject to income tax, the state does provide a sizable deduction. Seniors should be aware that the state has a high sales tax, which can impact their retirement budget.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mustang
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oklahoma
Assisted Living costs in Mustang start around $3,385 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mustang and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mustang
Seniors in Mustang may be able to access financial assistance through Oklahoma's ADvantage program, which has an Assisted Living Services Option (ALSO).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mustang
Mustang and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mustang, please visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mustang
Mustang-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oklahoma are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mustang
Review of Willowood at Mustang
I would like to thank everyone for all their help. I would like to thank one of your kitchen staff for the excellent service and good food I wish I could remember his whole name so I can personal... Read more
Review of Arbor House of Mustang
Arbor House of Mustang was fairly nice and people were very nice. The location is great. The rooms were sufficient. For the memory care, they only have an outdoor patio area, aside from the kitchen... Read more
Review of Willowood at Mustang
My tour of Willowood at Mustang was fine, but I kept getting conflicting information from different people about availability of a one-bedroom or a two-bedroom. They need to be more on the same pag... Read more