Concordia Life Care Community

Offers Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

7707 W. Britton Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73132
Concordia Life Care Community (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Concordia Life Care Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Concordia Life Care Community

September 25, 2015

We visited Concordia Life Care Community. The staff and the apartments were excellent. It's well run and very appealing, but it's quite expensive. The food was excellent. They have wellness centers, so they have lots of exercise available. They have Bridge and continuing education type lectures. It's very active and very new, so it's very organized and very modern.

April 10, 2015

By Harold23

I'm in Concordia now. The apartments are very nice. I have two bedrooms -- one of them I use as an office -- and there is a living room and a fully equipped kitchen with stoves and an oven. They have games, cards, and trips to other places, and they provide transportation. The staff are all #1, very diligent, care about their job, and care about the people they are serving. They go out of their way to do everything right.

December 22, 2014

We're living in Concordia now. We have a duplex. We have two bedrooms and a kitchen. We have to walk over to the main building to eat, but if there is snow on the road, they will deliver it, so that's great! Regarding activities, they have an exercise facility, they have birthday parties and Christmas parties, and they play all kinds of games. They are too busy for me because I can't keep up with it. Overall, I would say I'm close to heaven as I could get and still be alive; that's where I would rate this place. They have entertainment all the time. You just can't get any better than this.

March 21, 2014

By Donald17

I've only been at Concordia Life Care for two months or so. They are good to me and everything seems to be going well. The room is wonderful. It's nice and just about all I need. The staff has been pleasant to me. So I'm pretty happy right now. The staff tries to help people, and they seem to be doing a good job. They have church services, games, inside and out when the weather permits. So far everything I played is in the inside, X-box, all the card games, Bridge, Pinochle, dominoes. There seems to be something going on all the time. They have exercise classes three or four days a week, and the people are friendly and most of them are willing to be active. They invited everybody to participate. I like that. I just wish more people participate. Right now, it's a nice place and I enjoy it.

July 11, 2012

By audia4

I have visited the Concordia Assisted Living Facility two times while my grandpa has been living there and it has been an experience each time I have visited him with my parents. The outside of the Concordia facility looks very nice and inviting, but when you go inside there was always a very odd, pungent, odor. This smell was not very inviting but given the fact that my family and I were visiting my grandpa, we had to go inside and visit for a while. After a while I would get used to the smell. The staff seemed very laid back and it did not really seem like they completely assist the elders in the facility, they kind of just wait around until something happens. The staff was very nice though, and seemed to know my grandpa quite well. This would not be a place that I would want to live in, but my grandpa seems very content with living here and does not want to move anywhere else because he has made some friends at this facility.

December 07, 2011

By FancyIdeas

My Mother entered Concordia when she was 102-1/2. She had previously lived by herself. The center was very attractive, very up-scale, and appeared to be a wonderful place for her. It was fine - until she had a stroke. They were so short-staffed that relatives had to come at mealtimes to be sure that their loved ones actually ate. They consistently failed to follow standing orders to protect my Mother "from herself", and she consequently fell, when trying to reach the bathroom, after the aid failed to respond. She had a fractured femur, and because of her age and mental status, they could not operate to repair it. Initially they did NOTHING - did not even try to stabilize the fracture, and their doctor on call NEVER came to see her. I had to arrange for a orthopedist to see her x-rays and recommend treatment - then I had to arrange for a prosthetist to come and fit her with a brace. Unfortunately, the brace did very little good - and the aids, no matter how many times I instructed each and every one of them in how to care for my Mother - being sure the brace was in the proper place, properly tightened, and that she did not move around - much less be up and about - they seemed to be unable to understand or to remember. They insisted on trying to pull slacks up on her - which caused her a lot of pain and the brace was pushed or pulled out of place. They often forgot to even put the brace on - and no matter how many times I instructed them in how to move her in the bed, and how to be sure that her leg was firmly held in a neutral position, they ignored that and just rolled her from one side to the other, causing her a lot of pain and displacement of the fracture. I talked to everyone in the facility - aids, supervisors and management - and they all assured me that they were do better - but they never did. The final straw came when I found her SITTING IN A WHEELCHAIR, HER LEG UNSUPPORTED, SHIVERING FROM COLD, WITH NO BLANKET OR AFGHAN AROUND HER, HER BRACE IN A CHAIR NEXT TO HER, AND HER AFGHAN JUST OUT OF ARM'S REACH - in the community gathering area where all the people were gathered before they were taken to the dining room. She was in tears, calling for someone to help her - and not one aid was in hearing range. I was in such a rage that I certainly CONSIDERED bodily harm to the stupid aid that had done that. As it turns out, it was an AID WHO HAD BEEN MOST FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL TO MY MOTHER! She would have lost her job after that - had I not told management that I wanted her to stay - since she was the only one that Mother really cared to have help her. The girl was so terrified of what I might say to her that she avoided me at all costs - until I finally caught her in the hall a few days later. I told her that I would not press for her dismissal - but would do so very vigorously if she did not devote herself 100% to making my Mother's last days comfortable. I believe she tried to do that - to the best of her ability, even though they were so short-staffed. However, it was only a few weeks later that my Mother finally passed away. HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR HOSPICE - and an absolute angel of a nurse who helped us and guided us every step of the way - Mother's last few days would have been miserable. Once they realized that she was in the first stages of death, they basically ignored her - and only came when we rang for them and demanded that they clean her or otherwise care for her. It was the hospice nurse who cared for Mother - who saw that she had the proper equipment needed for her comfort - and had the proper medications to make her last hours peaceful. The worst part of this is: We had placed Mother in this facility at great expense to us - $3600/month - thinking that the nice surroundings, nurses and aids that we met originally would take good care of her. If she had been in a "basic care facility" that accepted Medicare, we could understand the poor treatment they gave - because of the difference in costs. We would have arranged to have a family member with her as much as possible. It was extremely difficult for me, since I lived 800 miles away - and even though I repeated called to check on Mother, NEVER ONCE DID THEY RETURN MY CALLS. All of our family were so disgusted with the care given in this "beautiful facility" that we repeatedly spoke to management about it - and got a lot of assurances that things would change - but it was obvious that, because the staff was either underpaid or overworked, nothing would change. Quite frankly, I hope to God that someone puts me out of my misery before I have to go to such a place. The whole industry of care for the elderly is in miserable shape - and I don't think that any legislation will ever be able to "put it right".

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Concordia Life Care Community

Memory Care Reviews for Concordia Life Care Community

Services and Amenities of Concordia Life Care Community

• Fee Structure Extra: Refundable Deposit 1000(Al/Memory)

• Housing Extra: Licensed Beds: 60

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room/Restaurant Style Dining

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Chapel, Multi Purpose Room, Living Room, Library, On Site Wellness Clinic

• Technology Extra: Emergency Response System, Emergency Alert System

• Pharma

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Educational And Recreational Activities, Shopping, Movies, Zumba Gold, Boxing, Aerobics, Sing A Long

Affiliations

• Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Minimum Age: Yes
  • Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy
  • Range Of Services Extra: Respiratory Therapy, Palliative Care, 24 Hour Monitored Security, Package Mailing Services, Lawn Care

Types of care

Payment options

• Payment Options Extra: Private Payment

• State Licenses: AL5529

About Concordia Life Care Community

Concordia Life Care Community is a senior living provider in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care. Contact Concordia Life Care Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of Concordia Life Care Community