5 Assisted Living Facilities in Enid, OK
The average cost of assisted living in Enid is $3,242 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Kingfisher with an average starting cost of $2,925.
To help you with your search, browse the 12 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Enid. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Enid 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kingfisher with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Enid, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Enid, OK
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Enid
Enid is a thriving, historic community located at the eastern edge of Oklahoma's Great Plains. Local seniors who are railroad buffs may enjoy a day at the Oklahoma Railroad Museum or take in a college baseball game at the David Allen Ballpark. Of the nearly 50,000 people that live here, about 15% are at least 65 years old.
Some of this senior population may be looking for assisted living facilities where they can get help with the tasks of daily living. To accommodate them, there are five assisted living facilities in Enid to choose from. The Oklahoma State Department of Health regulates these facilities in Enid and throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Enid
- Oklahoma exempts Social Security retirement benefits from state income tax. Seniors in Enid and throughout the state can claim a $10,000 deduction on other retirement funds, such as 401(k) and pensions.
- The Enid area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Mary's Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- At 80.7, Enid's cost of living is 19% lower than the national and about 8% lower than the state averages. This is driven by housing costs that are half the national median, a factor which may be welcome news for family members moving here to be closer to aging loved ones.
- Based on a scale of 1 to 100, where 100 equals high crime, Enid has a violent crime rate of 22.2, on par with the national average of 22.7. However, the city's property crime rate of 55.2, is 20 points higher than the national norm. This may prompt seniors to inquire about safety measures in place at prospective assisted living facilities.
- With an annual temperature range between 23-94 degrees, Enid is an ideal place for seniors who enjoy seasonal changes. However, seniors may wish to find out about organized indoor activities that are set up for passing cold winter and hot summer days in the city's assisted living facilities.
- The EPA gives Enid a 63 for air quality, five points higher than the U.S. average. This could be welcome news to seniors suffering from chronic conditions aggravated by pollution.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Enid
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oklahoma
Assisted Living costs in Enid start around $3,242 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Enid and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Enid
There are several Medicaid Waiver programs in Oklahoma that may help senior citizens pay for assisted living, including the OK Advantage waiver and the OK Sooner Services waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Enid
Enid and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Enid, please visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Enid
Enid-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oklahoma are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Enid, OK
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Enid
Review of Golden Oaks
I lived at Golden Oaks before for one and a half years. I liked the people, and the activities were OK. The maintenance did not keep up appearance. Its a huge complex with only 2 guys to take care... Read more
Review of Golden Oaks
I moved into Golden Oaks. It's a very nice place. I have a very nice apartment and the food is good. They have a swimming pool, exercise room, beauty shop, and all kinds of activities like art clas... Read more
Review of Brookdale Enid
Highly recommend this assisted living community! Read more