14 Assisted Living Facilities near Murfreesboro, TN
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Murfreesboro area, with 7 in Murfreesboro and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Murfreesboro is $3,174 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,480.
To help you with your search, browse the 64 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Murfreesboro. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Murfreesboro 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brentwood with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Murfreesboro find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Murfreesboro, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Murfreesboro, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Murfreesboro
Situated about 35 miles southeast of downtown Nashville, Murfreesboro is home to 136,000 residents, nearly 9 percent of whom are 65 years or older. Seniors considering assisted living in the Murfreesboro area may choose among the city's seven facilities.
As is the case in all of Tennessee, assisted living facilities in Murfreesboro are classified as assisted care living facilities (ACLFs) or as residential homes for the aged (RHAs). The Tennessee Department of Health regulates both types of facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Murfreesboro
- For those who enjoy watching the seasons change but prefer not to deal with too much snow, the Murfreesboro climate might be a smart choice. Summertime high temperatures average in the upper 80s, while winter lows average just below freezing. The city receives about two inches of snow per year.
- The overall cost of living in Murfreesboro is 10 percent higher than the national average, with the city's housing costs, at nearly 25 percent higher than in a typical U.S. city, being the biggest driver of this discrepancy. Health care is also slightly more expensive than average in Murfreesboro, which may cause concern among seniors with limited budgets or high medical expenses.
- Murfreesboro's violent crime rate is 24.4 out of 100, with 100 being worst. This rate is much lower than the state average but slightly higher than the national average of 22.7. That said, assisted living facilities tend to be safe places to live, and most have an abundance of security features in place.
- Seniors in Murfreesboro are not taxed at the state level on their Social Security checks or on any other retirement income, which leaves more money available to put toward quality health care.
- Murfreesboro's air quality receives a score of 59 out of 100, which is slightly better than the national average of 58. Seniors with asthma and other lung issues can breathe easily in the city.
- The Murfreesboro area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Murfreesboro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Murfreesboro start around $3,254 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Murfreesboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Murfreesboro
The state covers services in assisted living facilities through its TennCare CHOICES Medicaid program, but the plan doesn't pay for room and board costs. Other state programs only apply to seniors with intellectual disabilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Murfreesboro
Murfreesboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Murfreesboro, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Murfreesboro
Murfreesboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Murfreesboro, TN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Murfreesboro
Review of Creekside at Three Rivers
My grandmother has lived at Creekside for two years now. The staff is very helpful. The food is wonderful. She loves living here.She loves Bingo and Socializing with the other residence. Her room i... Read more
Review of Creekside at Three Rivers
Creekside at Three Rivers had a little bit more to offer than where my mother currently is because they had three different buildings and each building was set up for particular situations. The sta... Read more
Review of Harmony at Victory Station
Harmony at Victory Station had several different levels. It's a 3-story building. They had exercise rooms, studio, and 1 and 2-bedroom apartments. They had quite a bit to offer. The staff who toure... Read more