42 Assisted Living Facilities near Fort Worth, TX
There are 42 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fort Worth area, with 33 in Fort Worth and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fort Worth is $3,145 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,480. Cheaper nearby regions include Arlington with an average starting cost of $2,964.
To help you with your search, browse the 282 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fort Worth. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fort Worth 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include North Richland Hills with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 24 families in Fort Worth find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fort Worth, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Fort Worth, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fort Worth
Promoted as a City of Cowboys and Culture, Fort Worth, Texas exudes a charming Old West vibe. Home to 41 assisted living facilities — 32 in the city and 9 nearby — that provide help with activities of daily living, the Fort Worth area offers plenty of residency options for seniors wanting to relocate to the Cultural Capital of the Southwest. Licensing and regulation of ALFs in Fort Worth and the rest of the state fall under the jurisdiction of the Texas Health and Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fort Worth
- Fort Worth is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Fort Worth area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital, the Baylor Scott & White All Saints Medical Center and the Medical City, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The American Lung Association ranks the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area as the 16th most polluted city in terms of high ozone days, which may pose a problem for seniors with chronic respiratory illness.
- Enjoying mostly sunny weather throughout the year, Fort Worth is an ideal location for seniors who love taking leisurely outdoor walks. However, summer months may bring in some degree of discomfort with the average high temperature of 95 degrees rising above the comfort range of 70 to 80 degrees.
- Fort Worth is a relatively expensive city, with the overall cost of living index of 107 going past the national average of 100 and the state’s 102. Transportation is the most expensive with an average index of 136, while grocery, healthcare and housing costs are relatively more affordable, with values below the national average of 100.
- Trinity Metro provides bus and railway transportation services within Fort Worth and nearby areas. Seniors 65 and above are entitled to reduced fares.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fort Worth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Fort Worth start around $3,316 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fort Worth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fort Worth
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fort Worth
Fort Worth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fort Worth, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fort Worth
Fort Worth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Fort Worth, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fort Worth
Review of Sunrise of Fort Worth
Sunrise of Fort Worth is excellent, except the food. The food is terrible here, and I've tried to do something about it, but it doesn't work. But I would give an A+ on everything else around here. ... Read more
Review of Mirabella Assisted Living
My mother has been a resident of Mirabella for several years now when she was no longer able to live alone. She is happy and content with her "scaled down" lifestyle--enjoying having someone else ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Westover Hills
Our overall experience with Brookdale Westover Hills has been great. The staff is very friendly and it was an easy transition. The sales person was a well of knowledge and easy to contact, they got... Read more