53 Assisted Living Facilities near Keller, TX
There are 53 Assisted Living Facilities in the Keller area, with 4 in Keller and 49 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Keller is $3,035 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Arlington with an average starting cost of $2,975.
To help you with your search, browse the 368 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Keller. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Keller 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Southlake with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Keller find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Keller, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Keller, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Keller
The mix of small-town roots and big city conveniences make Keller, Texas, an attractive choice for retirees. It's an affordable suburb of Dallas, with a total of 60 independent living facilities in the greater Keller area. These facilities provide respectful help with daily living needs, as well as supervision and mobility assistance. The Texas Department of Health and Human Services designates two levels of assisted living for licensing and regulatory purposes. In Keller, and elsewhere in Texas, facilities designated as Type A house residents who are able to follow directions in an emergency and require little overnight supervision. Type B facilities house residents that need staff assistance to evacuate and overnight attendance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Keller
- North Texas weather is characterized by long, hot summers and mild winters. Seniors who have chronic health conditions alleviated by warm air will find relief in Keller; however, those sensitive to high heat may be uncomfortable.
- The cost of living in Keller is 130.5, based on a US average of 100. Housing costs are nearly double the national average, which should not affect seniors in assisted living communities. Healthcare expenses are notably higher than the national average - seniors with chronic health conditions should take note.
- The crime rate in Keller is half that of the national average. Keller's violent crime is about half of the U.S. average; property crime is two-thirds of the national average. Much of the property crime in Keller is car break-ins and petty theft, which shouldn't affect many seniors in assisted living communities.
- Keller residents have several options for public transportation, located just five miles from the North Richmond light rail station. Uber and Lyft both service the area. The Dallas Area Regional Transit system offers reduced rates for seniors.
- The Keller area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baylor Medical Center and Texas Health Alliance hospital branches, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Keller, a suburb of Dallas is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Keller
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Keller start around $3,410 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Keller and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Keller
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services can help seniors find assisted living homes in Keller, Texas, within their budget and that provide the level of care they require. Those with Medicaid, Medicare or SSI income, may be eligible for assisted living financing. The STAR+PLUS serves specific areas of the state, providing an alternative to nursing facility placement and also covers the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Keller
Keller and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Keller, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Keller
Keller-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Keller, TX
Other Options in Keller, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Keller
Review of Tender Loving Care Assisted Living Home
We saw Tender Loving Care Assisted Living Home and my mother liked that one the best for my father. It was more of a home atmosphere, and we really liked it. The staff was very professional, warm, ... Read more
Review of Mustang Creek Estates - Keller
We went to Mustang Creek Estates. I had excellent comments for the assisted living, but negative comments for memory care. The assisted living was very warm, welcoming, and the staff was excellent,... Read more
Review of Whitley Place
Whitley Place was my very favorite place. They were very professional in every area and they were very helpful in offering me information about the VA and different options that can help bring the ... Read more