26 Assisted Living Facilities near Southlake, TX
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Southlake area, with 4 in Southlake and 22 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Southlake is $5,325 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,425. Cheaper nearby regions include Grapevine with an average starting cost of $3,655.
To help you with your search, browse the 241 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Southlake. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Southlake 4.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Midlothian with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Southlake, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Southlake, TX
22 Assisted Living Facilities near Southlake, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Southlake
As a suburb of the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Southlake, Texas, is a thriving city with almost 32,000 citizens, 8 percent over the age of 65. Although first settled in the 1840s, this city didn't incorporate until 1956, four years after the creation of Grapevine Lake. The area is home to 25 assisted living communities, but there are four located in Southlake.
Assisted living communities in Southlake and the rest of Texas are separated into two levels of care, Type A facility and Type B facility. Both types of assisted living facilities are licensed and overseen by the Texas Health and Human Services department.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Southlake
- Seniors and their families can enjoy easy access to public transit in Rowlett. The Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) light rail and bus systems provide service to the area. For seniors, the STAR Transit Senior Shuttle Service offers free rides to both the community center and the public library.
- Southlake is an expensive city to live in with an overall cost of living that's 83 percent higher than the national average. However, the average cost of housing makes up for most of the difference, so seniors in assisted living might not need to consider this factor.
- The Southlake area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Expect hot and humid summers in Southlake with average temperatures in the high-80s and mid-90s. The tradeoff is mild winters where temperatures hover around the mid-50s in the daytime. Seniors who enjoy the outdoors should take precautions on the hottest days.
- Seniors and their families can feel safe in Southlake since it has an overall crime rate that's 55 percent lower than the national average. The city is 80 percent safer for its residents than other cities in the country. Its overall crime rate is 59 percent lower than the rest of Texas.
- Seniors will stretch their retirement dollars further in Texas since the state doesn't tax income. While the state does have high sales and property taxes, some seniors qualify for reduced property taxes through homestead tax programs.
Paying for Assisted Living in Southlake
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Southlake start around $5,325 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Southlake and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Southlake
The Star+Plus waiver may help seniors afford care received while in assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Southlake
Southlake and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Southlake, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Southlake Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Southlake
Southlake-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Southlake, TX
Other Options in Southlake, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Southlake
Review of Discovery Village At Southlake
The community is nice. I like that they're very thorough, the place is really clean and everybody is very friendly. I'm really pleased with them. My mother is in a studio with a walk-in shower, and... Read more
Review of Landing at Watermere Southlake
Watermere is the perfect place to get help. The staff is great. Megan is so helpful in getting what you want and need. Read more
Review of Landing at Watermere Southlake
Megan, Teon, and Dr. Hernandez are amazing. They are truly gifted to handle any situation. The staff are also great (Millie, Dada, etc). Thank you for helping my mother to be able to go home. Megan... Read more