The Waterford on Cooper

Reviews of The Waterford on Cooper

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waterford on Cooper

July 17, 2017

By Sandra

The Waterford on Cooper was so pleasing to me. I felt very comfortable placing my brother in their hands; I wouldn't have had a worry in the world. They also have a memory care section which might be necessary and therefore I thought it was great that it was on the grounds. When I walked in the door, it smelled so good.

Hi Sandra, thank you so much for your positive comments about The Waterford On Cooper!

November 19, 2016

By Crystal856777

When we first walked in at the Waterford; it was really nice, and we liked the facility. It’s clean, they served all meals, and they did have a person that could assist them to appointments in case a family member couldn’t. The staff was very informative and nice.

Crystal856777, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Waterford On Cooper!

October 21, 2016

By Visitor106077

Waterford on Cooper was OK, and the room was nice. The dining area and food were fine. The security was very good. The residents played games and watched TV.

Visitor106077, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated! We hope to have you back so you can see the positive changes we have made.

October 20, 2016

By Loyd231743

The Waterford of Cooper was nice. The arrangement was a little bit different. I did not have any negative with regards this place. They had the floor plans of the rooms available. To my understanding, they served three meals a day.

Hi Loyd231743, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!

April 25, 2016

By Julie124354250

The Waterford on Cooper was very clean, warm, and felt very homey. The people seemed very nice, and it really stood out as a good community at the top of my list. The people seemed warm and friendly. It was a nice place and affordable compared to a lot of other places that we heard about. When we walked in, they had a lovely living room/sitting area with a fireplace and beautiful dining rooms and furniture. It didn’t feel so much like a hospital. They had a sitting area with a piano that people would come in to play. They had a beautiful salon and a beautiful courtyard that people could walk around in. The room was really nice with a good-sized closet and nice kitchenette area.

Julie124354250, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at The Waterford On Cooper.

August 22, 2015

By Connie-Arlington, TX

Other

We have decided that the Waterford is the place for our mother and she will be moving in on Sept 20, 2015. It is smaller than most large corp places and has been totally remodeled. Jan is the greatest. I appreciate her tours, information and updates.

Hi Connie-arlington, Tx! We're so happy we were able to help you out!

April 06, 2015

My sister's mother-in-law was at The Waterford on Cooper before she passed away. Everybody was friendly and nice. It was a very nice place. It was clean. They kept everything clean. I saw the room, and it was nice. The staff seemed OK, but I didn't see a lot of them when I visited. With what I saw, they seemed considerate of the people that lived there, and they took care of them.

Caring103828150, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our team.

January 29, 2015

By Allen A

I can only speak to the memory care unit. My mother lived there for about a year. She originally went to Waterford for assisted living but it was quickly determined that she needed more supervision. In the memory care unit, the residents are just housed. There are very few activities. The TV is on and they have pictures to color, bingo, or puzzles sitting out. If the resident is not needy, there is little interaction. My siblings and I rarely saw my mom look clean and fresh. Although they said she was bathed regularly, we couldn't see the evidence of it. When I removed her socks to trim her toenails, her feet were not clean, any time. When she had a sore on her back, no one there noticed it until it became infected and she complained to my sibling. I believe that if she had been bathed regularly, there would be no way to have missed that. We began noting that she wore the same clothes day after day. Using a marking system, we could see that the sheets on her bed were not changed every week. And finally, we found an inconsistency with her medications. When we went to the front office to address our issues, we were always given excuses, or told that we were wrong. I believe the memory care unit was an after thought and that although there are a few really nice people working there, the management of the Waterford uses their time to mask the problems they are having. I cannot speak to the regular assisted living at the Waterford. But I do know that when we voiced our concerns, the management was not willing to admit that anything was wrong or that anything needed to be changed. As a contrast, in her new residence, she is always clean, when there is an issue it is immediately addressed, and although Mom has few needs, the people there are consistently involved with her.

Hi Allen A, we regret to hear that your recent experience was anything less than exceptional and certainly take 100% ownership in your concerns. I would love to have you revisit since we have made positive changes since your mother's stay with us.

November 28, 2013

By Margean

We had my mother at The Waterford on Cooper and we are very happy with it. She has been with the facility since February. The staff is really nice. They have some things that they could improve - they have these farm tables and sit-around tables which makes it not very conducive for playing games or for crafts. But all in all we are pretty satisfied with her being there. We felt that they are taking good care of her. The rooms are really beautiful and they have a little kitchen with a microwave. Their food is good, too.

Margean, it's experiences like yours that really keep us motivated!

February 16, 2012

By goodekr04

I have been delivering medication to Cooper Villa for almost over a year now and from what I have seen coming in and out of the facilities are nothing but great things. Driving in the community of Cooper Villa seems like coming into a whole other place. It is quite, peaceful, and beautiful. The way the building is built is one of a traditional style giving a real sense of home. The management is top of the line, great quality. Everyone is so incredibly helpful, pleasant, and patient with the residents that live there. They really do seem to care for the needs of everyone there and not only that but seem to have formed even friendships with the residents; making the facility so incredibly welcoming. The resident's are provided with scheduled home cooked meals straight from the kitchen and are provided with their medications on a daily basis. Also, our pharmacy being one of the main medication providers there, I know for a fact that the Cooper Villa medical staff takes their job very seriously amongst this wonderful society. Another aspect of Cooper Villa that makes it so enjoyable is the fact that they provide a number of activites for the residents to do, whether it be arts and crafts, hosting a movie or play night, or just taking a stroll around the community, they make sure that the residents are getting everything they want and more to make Cooper Villa feel like home.I very much enjoy being able to deliver medication to this facility and I can honestly say it is one of the highlights of my day. I strongly encourage anyone who is seeking for assisted living or memory care that is within the area of Arlington, Texas, to make Cooper Villa their new home.

Goodekr04, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us.

January 20, 2012

By commercesd

The Cooper Villa & The Cottage at Cooper Villa was close to where we were while in Arlington, looking for places where our aunt may live. The grounds were impeccably well tended and there was plenty of space for the seniors to really enjoy the outdoors in a safe fashion. There were many ways for seniors to enjoy socializing - in addition to quiet reading, enjoying media and TV, playing card and other games in comforting and attractively decorated rooms with very nice furnishings. The rooms were all home-like and lacked an institutional vibe. There were also various ambulation levels of seniors "“ and all seemed very well cared for. The casual dining rooms had attractive and very comfortable furniture. The formal dining room is used for holidays, parties and can be reserved for private gatherings by family and friends. The senior's private areas were all beautifully decorated individually and according to their tastes. Each had plenty of nice, fresh light. The appetizing menu featured a variety of healthy and nutritious options. They will also make special requests for the residents. All of the food is prepared according to the healthiest dietary guidelines. The varied snacks are offered all day and seemed appetizing, as well as nutritious. The residents are encouraged to participate in the many stimulating trips into nearby cities for fine and casual dining, art and library events, cultures and shopping. Seniors use fitness rooms for exercise like yoga, aerobics and equipment. Residents also get exercise on the grounds by taking regular walks with the staff. The staff here is very attentive and able to adapt to whatever the residents may require. The residents all seem very content, peaceful and have access to a stimulating environment that is also safe.

Memory Care Reviews for The Waterford on Cooper

Questions about The Waterford on Cooper

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Waterford on Cooper. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have residents ranging in age from 63 - 102 and everything in between. Our residents enjoy a wide variety of daily activities including a walking and exercise club, live entertainment, card games and bingo, many arts and crafts programs, devotional time and much more.

What programs or activities does The Waterford on Cooper offer to enrich residents' well-being?

There are many activities available to keep residents fit, both mentally and physically. Sit and Be Fit exercises daily, "Mind Bender" activities for mental agility, cooking demonstrations and food tastings and, our most popular, Lunch Brunch with the chef where residents can discuss with the chef things that they enjoy eating. Daily devotionals times and church activities address the spiritual needs of our residents.

What transportation services does The Waterford on Cooper offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation scheduled transportation for our residents on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford on Cooper exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Waterford on Cooper offers a top notch dining experience with a wide variety of seasonal fruits and vegetables as well as flavorful meat and poultry dishes. There are also two choices of entrees available each day as well as an "Always Available" menu that includes various sandwiches and salads. We serve a full breakfast, lunch and dinner. Residents that choose to can be included in the menu planning at a once a month meeting.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford on Cooper offer to assisted living residents?

The Waterford on Cooper allows residents to live as independently as possible with the security of knowing that help is available 24 hours a day. Each Assisted Living resident has a pendant that allows them to call for help at any time. There are also specific care plans for each resident so that we know ahead of time an special needs they may have.

How does The Waterford on Cooper keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Families can always feel comfortable knowing that they will be kept up to date on their loved ones health and safety. A care plan is created upon arrival in our community and reviewed every six months or any time there is a change in condition. Our nurse and care staff are happy to give updates as often as you need so that you can rest assured your loved one is safe and healthy.

If The Waterford on Cooper accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

The Waterford on Cooper has a large, beautiful courtyard in the center of the property that is perfect for walking your pet or just relaxing in the garden.

What programs or activities does The Waterford on Cooper offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Memory Care at The Waterford on Cooper is designed to keep residents as engaged as possible with memory games and entertainment to keep their minds active.

What techniques does The Waterford on Cooper use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Residents in our Memory Care have the same access to the wonderful food that our Assisted Living residents enjoy. Our care staff help residents with meals in a secure Memory Care dining room and can take food to the rooms of our residents that are not able to leave their rooms.

Photos of The Waterford on Cooper

Services and Amenities of The Waterford on Cooper

• Pets: Yes

About The Waterford on Cooper

Join in on the fun at Waterford on Cooper, offering Assisted Living and Memory Care services in Arlington, Texas. Our residents take part in exciting events throughout the month, designed to bring the community together and encourage new friendships. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is stimulating physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. Even more comfort is found in our apartments, which strike the perfect balance between safety and coziness with welcomed amenities and sought after features. Beyond the relaxation found in our apartments, residents have plenty to look forward to with scheduled trips to nearby locations. Residents are warmhearted, interesting people who enjoy the freedom of Assisted Living - freedom from the worries and dangers of solitary living and cooking and cleaning - in surroundings that are kind and gracious and the knowledge of knowing someone is always at hand if help is needed. Our residents are just minutes from professional sporting venues, like The Ballpark in Arlington and Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

Map of The Waterford on Cooper