The Waterford on Cooper

Reviews of The Waterford on Cooper

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waterford on Cooper

October 21, 2016

By Visitor106077

Waterford on Cooper was OK, and the room was nice. The dining area and food were fine. The security was very good. The residents played games and watched TV.

October 20, 2016

By Loyd231743

The Waterford of Cooper was nice. The arrangement was a little bit different. I did not have any negative with regards this place. They had the floor plans of the rooms available. To my understanding, they served three meals a day.

April 25, 2016

By Julie124354250

The Waterford on Cooper was very clean, warm, and felt very homey. The people seemed very nice, and it really stood out as a good community at the top of my list. The people seemed warm and friendly. It was a nice place and affordable compared to a lot of other places that we heard about. When we walked in, they had a lovely living room/sitting area with a fireplace and beautiful dining rooms and furniture. It didn’t feel so much like a hospital. They had a sitting area with a piano that people would come in to play. They had a beautiful salon and a beautiful courtyard that people could walk around in. The room was really nice with a good-sized closet and nice kitchenette area.

August 22, 2015

By Connie-Arlington, TX

Other

We have decided that the Waterford is the place for our mother and she will be moving in on Sept 20, 2015. It is smaller than most large corp places and has been totally remodeled. Jan is the greatest. I appreciate her tours, information and updates.

April 06, 2015

My sister's mother-in-law was at The Waterford on Cooper before she passed away. Everybody was friendly and nice. It was a very nice place. It was clean. They kept everything clean. I saw the room, and it was nice. The staff seemed OK, but I didn't see a lot of them when I visited. With what I saw, they seemed considerate of the people that lived there, and they took care of them.

January 29, 2015

By Allen A

I can only speak to the memory care unit. My mother lived there for about a year. She originally went to Waterford for assisted living but it was quickly determined that she needed more supervision. In the memory care unit, the residents are just housed. There are very few activities. The TV is on and they have pictures to color, bingo, or puzzles sitting out. If the resident is not needy, there is little interaction. My siblings and I rarely saw my mom look clean and fresh. Although they said she was bathed regularly, we couldn't see the evidence of it. When I removed her socks to trim her toenails, her feet were not clean, any time. When she had a sore on her back, no one there noticed it until it became infected and she complained to my sibling. I believe that if she had been bathed regularly, there would be no way to have missed that. We began noting that she wore the same clothes day after day. Using a marking system, we could see that the sheets on her bed were not changed every week. And finally, we found an inconsistency with her medications. When we went to the front office to address our issues, we were always given excuses, or told that we were wrong. I believe the memory care unit was an after thought and that although there are a few really nice people working there, the management of the Waterford uses their time to mask the problems they are having. I cannot speak to the regular assisted living at the Waterford. But I do know that when we voiced our concerns, the management was not willing to admit that anything was wrong or that anything needed to be changed. As a contrast, in her new residence, she is always clean, when there is an issue it is immediately addressed, and although Mom has few needs, the people there are consistently involved with her.

November 28, 2013

By Margean

We had my mother at The Waterford on Cooper and we are very happy with it. She has been with the facility since February. The staff is really nice. They have some things that they could improve - they have these farm tables and sit-around tables which makes it not very conducive for playing games or for crafts. But all in all we are pretty satisfied with her being there. We felt that they are taking good care of her. The rooms are really beautiful and they have a little kitchen with a microwave. Their food is good, too.

February 16, 2012

By goodekr04

I have been delivering medication to Cooper Villa for almost over a year now and from what I have seen coming in and out of the facilities are nothing but great things. Driving in the community of Cooper Villa seems like coming into a whole other place. It is quite, peaceful, and beautiful. The way the building is built is one of a traditional style giving a real sense of home. The management is top of the line, great quality. Everyone is so incredibly helpful, pleasant, and patient with the residents that live there. They really do seem to care for the needs of everyone there and not only that but seem to have formed even friendships with the residents; making the facility so incredibly welcoming. The resident's are provided with scheduled home cooked meals straight from the kitchen and are provided with their medications on a daily basis. Also, our pharmacy being one of the main medication providers there, I know for a fact that the Cooper Villa medical staff takes their job very seriously amongst this wonderful society. Another aspect of Cooper Villa that makes it so enjoyable is the fact that they provide a number of activites for the residents to do, whether it be arts and crafts, hosting a movie or play night, or just taking a stroll around the community, they make sure that the residents are getting everything they want and more to make Cooper Villa feel like home.I very much enjoy being able to deliver medication to this facility and I can honestly say it is one of the highlights of my day. I strongly encourage anyone who is seeking for assisted living or memory care that is within the area of Arlington, Texas, to make Cooper Villa their new home.

January 20, 2012

By commercesd

The Cooper Villa & The Cottage at Cooper Villa was close to where we were while in Arlington, looking for places where our aunt may live. The grounds were impeccably well tended and there was plenty of space for the seniors to really enjoy the outdoors in a safe fashion. There were many ways for seniors to enjoy socializing - in addition to quiet reading, enjoying media and TV, playing card and other games in comforting and attractively decorated rooms with very nice furnishings. The rooms were all home-like and lacked an institutional vibe. There were also various ambulation levels of seniors "“ and all seemed very well cared for. The casual dining rooms had attractive and very comfortable furniture. The formal dining room is used for holidays, parties and can be reserved for private gatherings by family and friends. The senior's private areas were all beautifully decorated individually and according to their tastes. Each had plenty of nice, fresh light. The appetizing menu featured a variety of healthy and nutritious options. They will also make special requests for the residents. All of the food is prepared according to the healthiest dietary guidelines. The varied snacks are offered all day and seemed appetizing, as well as nutritious. The residents are encouraged to participate in the many stimulating trips into nearby cities for fine and casual dining, art and library events, cultures and shopping. Seniors use fitness rooms for exercise like yoga, aerobics and equipment. Residents also get exercise on the grounds by taking regular walks with the staff. The staff here is very attentive and able to adapt to whatever the residents may require. The residents all seem very content, peaceful and have access to a stimulating environment that is also safe.

Memory Care Reviews for The Waterford on Cooper

Questions about The Waterford on Cooper

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Waterford on Cooper. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average age is 79-80. Our residents really enjoy playing cards and bingo. Residents love to participate in our monthly lunch bunch and menu planning with our chef. We offer exercise programs five days a week; walking and sit and be fit. They really enjoy the

What programs or activities does The Waterford on Cooper offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our most popular activities involve anything with cards. Our residents earn Waterford bucks so that they can shop in our community store. They love to participate in walking and sit and be fit. We love happy hour and have alcoholic and non-alcoholic options.

What transportation services does The Waterford on Cooper offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation to doctor's visits on Tuesday and Thursday. We are able to pick up or facilitate rides from rehab or the hospital

Photos of The Waterford on Cooper

Services and Amenities of The Waterford on Cooper

• Pets: Yes

About The Waterford on Cooper

Join in on the fun at Waterford on Cooper, offering Assisted Living and Memory Care services in Arlington, Texas. Our residents take part in exciting events throughout the month, designed to bring the community together and encourage new friendships. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is stimulating physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. Even more comfort is found in our apartments, which strike the perfect balance between safety and coziness with welcomed amenities and sought after features. Beyond the relaxation found in our apartments, residents have plenty to look forward to with scheduled trips to nearby locations. Residents are warmhearted, interesting people who enjoy the freedom of Assisted Living - freedom from the worries and dangers of solitary living and cooking and cleaning - in surroundings that are kind and gracious and the knowledge of knowing someone is always at hand if help is needed. Our residents are just minutes from professional sporting venues, like The Ballpark in Arlington and Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

Map of The Waterford on Cooper