Meadowbrook Memory Care Community

Reviews of Meadowbrook Memory Care Community

Memory Care Reviews for Meadowbrook Memory Care Community

December 03, 2014

By B of Arlington

My family member was there for over a year. The facility is nice, but always short handed. We hired in extra help to care for our family member. With an extra set of eyes we became more aware how the facilty was ran. The regular staff is supose to show up on an hourly basis to check-in, our caregivers would not see employees from the center for 8-12 hours, I would have to call to have medication distributed,(there is a window of time that patients can receive medication if they don't it will be skipped til next scheduled dose) They would run out of medication ( family member went a few days without) when I complained about it they used someone elses medication ( this is against the law) the food was horrible and when asked for extra told that they could not have more due to the expense. When complaints were made to the facility I then felt like the caregivers took it out on my family member by going in loudly in the middle of the night hourly and woke them up intentionally. When they first open the Nurse that was in charge was great, when I asked for things they were handled (she would do things herself to help meet the needs of patients). She left and new staff was brought in along with a new director, we also left and I have not heard very good reviews since leaving.

We are truly sorry to hear about your experience at Meadowbrook Memory Care Community. We take seriously the care of our residents and make every effort to have sufficient qualified staff that can meet the needs of all of our residents 24/7. There are occasions when family members hire additional care for acuity level changes, or after a medical event, but it is typically a temporary intervention. Care plans are prepared for the individual needs of each resident and consistent health assessments allow us to monitor for any changes. Medications are securely stored and only administered by nurses and given at the appropriate times for each person. Each resident has their own designated medications. In the case of missing medications, we make sure the resident is cared for first, maintain diligent records and make sure that the Executive Director is aware and able to handle the situation promptly, according to state regulations. That said, since your review, we have a hired a new administrative team that is outstanding and continues to incorporate excellence of care as they serve residents and families. We are truly sorry for your experience and wish the best for your family.

June 11, 2014

By Family12345

I visited a family member that is a resident at the Meadowbrook. I was not impressed. This facility is short staffed and the activity director was in my opinion not qualified to care for these residents. I understand that the state auditors have been in twice but yet there has been no improvement. I am grateful to the few that are caring for my family member. I have seen the spouse of my family member spend much of her time feeding him and other residents. in a case of being shorthanded the director of the facility should be assisting instead of staying in his office.

April 12, 2014

By Janet37407950

Meadowbrook Memory Care is close to my home. It's a really good facility. The rooms are really nice and big. It's only a year old, so it's really nice. Mom is in a semi-private, and there's plenty of room for everything. They have lots of activities, like different parties. They take good care of Mom. Everything is really good. She's been in a lot of facilities, and this is the best one. It really felt comfortable with her being there.

September 26, 2013

By Maria22

My great aunt is at Meadowbrook Memory Care for two months now. We chose it for her because it suited her needs. She has a slight case of dementia and they provide excellent care of patients with Alzheimer's and dementia. She shares a room there and the room is spacious. The place has just opened last February so it's a brand new facility and it's a very nice facility. They got a TV room and two dining areas which are really nice. They have a walking trail. They also have security there. The food is great. I am very pleased with the quality of care there.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Photos of Meadowbrook Memory Care Community

Services and Amenities of Meadowbrook Memory Care Community

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: Private And Companion Living

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• Licenses: Memory Care
  • State Licenses: 104119, 147281

About Meadowbrook Memory Care Community

Meadowbrook Memory Care, part of the Koelsch Senior Communities, and family-owned since 1958, is passionate about caring for our aging population. Strategically located in Arlington, Texas, the home of the Dallas Cowboys, Meadowbrook Memory Care is located in a residential neighborhood near medical facilities.

Besides excellent care, Meadowbrook Memory Care offers dynamic activities including cognitive and physical exercise, musical events, pet visits, spiritual opportunities, picnics and other outings to encourage a vibrant lifestyle for each resident.

Meadowbrook Memory Care understands the challenges of families who are caring for loved ones with memory loss and hosts in-house support groups for caregivers who enjoy the support of others who are on the same journey. Visit today to find our more.

Signature Programs

24-hour Nursing Care

When you look for a senior care community to take care of your loved one, it is important to consider how their health needs will be taken care of and how qualified their staff is. At Meadowbrook, we have registered nurses or licensed nurses 24 hours and 7 days a week who are professionally trained to support residents with Assisted Living and Memory Care needs. Meadowbrook recognizes the complex and frail health conditions that many residents are experiencing and we believe our number one priority is caring for our residents, your loved one, with the highest level of care and professionalism.

Diabetic Management

At Meadowbrook, we’re committed to helping our residents live healthier and enriched lives with diabetes. Our team of professional nurses and staff members are trained in diabetic protocol and are efficient in identifying and responding to diabetic reactions.

Support Groups

Living, loving and caring for a family member with Alzheimer’s, Dementia or other forms of memory loss is a unique challenge. We need the support of those who not only understand what we are experiencing, but can be a strong support through the journey. At Meadowbrook, our support groups offer family and friends the opportunity to meet and talk in a private and mutually supportive atmosphere. Often solutions come from others who are on the same journey at a different point in time. This community of care provides emotional support and continuing education. To ease your schedule, hourly care is provided for your loved one during your support group visit to our community. Please contact us to find out about support groups meeting at Meadowbrook.

Living Well

Our Personal Touch Care Program is a holistic approach aimed at maintaining residents' well­ being and self-worth. It is a program that encompasses all aspects of our resident care.

While many think of "Activities" as pre-planned group events, such as exercise, crafts and music events where almost everyone participates, we think of "Activity" as everything the resident does throughout the day, whether planned or spontaneous. This includes our residents’ personal care, conversations with others and even time alone.

We spend a great deal of time assisting residents with personal care and the daily routines can become more meaningful when we are making sure we are using sensitivity and creativity to create the special Personal Care Moment.

Our community offers licensed nursing care 24 hours a day. We have a beautiful interior courtyard and offer activities for our residents from 9:30 am to 7:00 pm.

Map of Meadowbrook Memory Care Community