Arlington is a city in the state of Texas that forms part of the Mid-Cities region alongside Dallas and Fort Worth. The city has a population of about 400,000, and 10.4% of residents are over the age of 65. Seniors in the city have access to medical care at Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, which is a teaching hospital that’s rated as high performing in one procedure by U.S. News & World Report. According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, the average cost of nursing care in Arlington for a semiprivate room is $5,171 per month. This is significantly less than the national average of $7,756.

Nursing home care provides 24/7 medical care and assistance for seniors with chronic health conditions. This type of care can be very expensive, and family members may want to consider other options if this type of assistance is not required for their loved one. Family members can look at home care and assisted living as cheaper alternatives.

This guide looks at the costs of nursing home care and related services in Arlington and surrounding cities.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Arlington, TX

Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Arlington

3200 Matlock Road, Arlington, TX, 76015

My mom’s room at Encompass Health Rehab Arlington was fine, it was clean. The staff there was very nice and they provided her with rehab. They didn’t have any activities because of the COVID, it was j … (read more)

Town Hall Estates Arlington

824 W MAYFIELD RD, Arlington, TX, 76015

I had a friend in Town Hall Estates. The room was small and cramped, but I think that’s true of probably most places. She was in the nursing home, and she was there for hospice. I was impressed with i … (read more)

Heritage Oaks

1112 Gibbins Road, Arlington, TX, 76011

My uncle was a resident of this facility. The room was fairly clean with unpleasant smell. The staff did not check on him on a regular basis. When they delivery his food to eat if he was sleep they di … (read more)

Interlochen Health and Rehab Center

2645 W Randol Mill Road , Arlington, TX, 76012

My mother has already been placed in Interlochen Health and Rehab Center. Our experience has been fine. She’s been there now for a little bit, and I am having to communicate back and forth with the st … (read more)

Matlock Place Health and Rehabilitation Center

7100 MATLOCK RD, Arlington, TX, 76002

DO NOT leave your loved ones at this facility. Staff is beyond rude. My mother’s incision was not even checked. Labs never shared with us. Food was really bad. Bad patient care and customer servi … (read more)

Arbrook Plaza

401 W Arbrook Blvd., Arlington, TX, 76014

My mother was in this facility following her stroke. The rehab team was very informative and worked diligently to get my mother the therapy she needed to be independent again. The staff is friendly, … (read more)

Senior Care of Green Oaks

3033 W GREEN OAKS BLVD, Arlington, TX, 76016

My mom has been here for almost a week and we’re about to get her out ASAP. We never planned for her to be there long term, maybe a month, as we are moving out of state. We’ve been caring for my … (read more)

Arlington Vlla Retirement Community

2601 W Randol Mill Road , Arlington, TX, 76012

***BEWARE***IF YOU LOVE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS, DO NOT SEND THEM HERE*** My mother was transfered to this rehabilitation center from Mid Cities Fort worth hospital as she was recovering from pneumonia b … (read more)

Onpointe Transitional Care At Texas Health Arlingt

800 W Randol Mill Road, Arlington, TX, 76012

My wife was at OnPointe. She had been treated for pain on morphine, and when they discharged her, they had taken her off of it. They didn’t give her any morphine or a prescription to take home, so she … (read more)

Oakwood Nursing And Rehabilitation Lp

301 W Randol Mill Rd, Arlington, TX, 76011

Parkwood Healthcare

2600 PARKVIEW DR, Bedford, TX, 76022

My mom is still in rehab at Parkwood in Bedford, and she’s in the Covid unit right now. She’s been there for about six weeks or maybe even closer to two months. She has been in the independent living … (read more)

La Dora Nursing and Rehab Center

1960 BEDFORD RD, Bedford, TX, 76021

I cannot find one bad thing to say about LaDora. I have a friend that will need long term care for the rest of his life and this is the best place I have found for him. The staff are efficient, qualif … (read more)

Legend Healthcare and Rehabilitation – Euless

900 WESTPARK WAY, Euless, TX, 76040

This is new name for Legend Health Care of Euless. They somehow switch names and get rid of bad reviews under old name. New name – same rude staff – same old building. Incredibly rude staff. Nurse Gla … (read more)

Mansfield Medical Lodge

301 North Miller Road, Mansfield, TX, 76063

My 90 year old father was sent to this facility from the hospital after we decided on palliative care. Due to COVID restrictions, were we only able to see him by appointment. The appointment times the … (read more)

Pecan Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation

413 Mansfield Cardinal Rd, Kennedale, TX, 76060

Pecan Manor accepts a variety of payments including Medicaid which most of these places do not, which I understand. It looks like a nursing facility, which gave us a little set back at first because i … (read more)

Arden Place of Richland Hills

7146 Baker Blvd, Fort Worth, TX, 76118

Lexington Place is very nice place. We are going through refurbishing, new paint, new curtains, and it’s very clean. We had flood problems in September and a lot of the walls had to be replaced. We’re … (read more)

Glenview Wellness & Rehab

7625 Glenview Drive, North Richland Hills, TX, 76180

My wife stayed at Glenview Wellness and Rehabilitation. It wasn’t too bad. They had her in a private room at first which was nice, but they sent her to semi-private when she was moved to Medicaid. She … (read more)

Northgate Plaza Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

2101 Northgate Drive, Irving, TX, 75062

NORTH GATE PLAZA: The room was not bad and the restroom was a nice size No complaints with room… Robert was awesome beautiful personality very helpful. He would get back with me at each call. Fin … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Arlington, Texas

The average monthly cost of nursing home care in Arlington is $5,171 for a semiprivate room and $6,692 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Using a semiprivate room in nursing home care as a comparison point, Arlington’s average monthly care costs are about $2,500 less than the national average of $7,756. However, Arlington is similar to the Texas state average of $5,019.

The average monthly costs of nursing home care in neighboring cities are fairly similar to Arlington. The cheapest city is Tyler ($4,775), and the most expensive nearby option is Laredo ($5,962). Neighboring cities with a similar average monthly price are Austin ($5,201), El Paso ($5,232) and Houston ($5,627).

$5171

Tyler

$5962

Laredo

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Family members may want to look at the cost of alternative supports if nursing home care is not required for their loved one. The least expensive option is adult day health care at an average monthly cost of $1,571. Assisted living has an average monthly cost of $4,400. Both home health aide services and homemaker services have an average monthly cost of $4,385. Nursing home care in a semiprivate room has an average cost of $5,171 per month, and a private room costs $6,692 per month.

$1571

$5171

Nursing Home Semi-Private Room

$6692

Nursing Home Private Room

Note: Data for Arlington was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Dallas, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Arlington, Texas

Free Resources for Seniors in Arlington, Texas

These resources may be of interest to seniors and their loved ones in the Arlington area. Some of these resources may assist seniors in being able to continue living safely in their own homes for a longer period of time.

ResourceContactServices
Mid-Cities Care Corps(817) 282-0531Mid-Cities Care Corps is a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting seniors aged 65 and over. Volunteers drive seniors to medical appointments, shops and other appointments. Additional services offered by the organization include friendly visits, social events, minor home repairs, yard work and installing wheelchair ramps. All services are free of charge.
Meals on Wheels(888) 869-6325The Meals On Wheels program provides meals to homebound seniors who are no longer able to prepare food for themselves. The meals are delivered daily from Monday to Friday by a team of volunteer drivers. The volunteers provide a smile and a quick safety check while delivering meals, and for many seniors, this may be the only contact they have with other people that day. Volunteers report any issues to relevant authorities. Meals are delivered hot, and each portion provides a large amount of the daily nutritional requirements for seniors. There’s a small charge for each meal but financial assistance is available.
Long Term Care Ombudsman(214) 823-5700This federally funded organization provides help and assistance to seniors and their loved ones when looking at long-term senior care options. They explain the difference between the many care options and help seniors to choose a level of support that best suits them. Staff members act on behalf of seniors and support their right to dignity once they’re in a long-term care facility.