54 Assisted Living Facilities near Arlington, TX
There are 54 Assisted Living Facilities in the Arlington area, with 16 in Arlington and 38 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Arlington is $2,964 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Cedar Hill with an average starting cost of $2,848.
To help you with your search, browse the 378 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Arlington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Arlington 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Grand Prairie with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Arlington find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Arlington, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Arlington, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Arlington
There are plenty of fun things to do for residents of Arlington, Texas, including visiting the Arlington Museum of Art, attending the Art on the Green Festival every May, or even taking their furry friends to the annual Dog Social. Arlington is also home to 29,752 seniors, some of whom may require assistance with the activities of daily living. To support those seniors, the city has 16 assisted living facilities with another 36 located nearby.
In Arlington, and the rest of Texas, assisted living facilities are governed by The Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Arlington
- Arlington seniors are not taxed on pensions, Social Security benefits and retirement savings account withdrawals as per Texas' tax laws. Seniors who rely on these types of income may find that living in Arlington helps their healthcare dollars stretch further.
Handitran provides door-to-door transportation for seniors. Once seniors set up an account for the service, they can easily schedule or cancel a trip and check their ride's estimated time of arrival.
- The Arlington area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Texas Health Heart & Vascular Hospital and Texas Rehabilitation Hospital of Arlington, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Summers get quite hot in Arlington with temperatures reaching an average July high of 95 degrees. While assisted living facilities are climate-controlled, this may be a consideration for active seniors who enjoy being outdoors.
- Arlington's cost of living is 108.9, slightly higher than the national average of 100. However, healthcare expenses rank lower than the average at 97 meaning seniors living in the city can expect to pay less for doctor's visits, hospital stays and routine tests.
- Arlington has high crime rates. Violent crime rates in the city are 30.7, eight points higher than the national average of 22.7, and property crime rates are 49.4, 14 points higher than the national average of 35.4. Although these crime rates are unlikely to directly impact seniors living in secure assisted living facilities, it's still a good idea to inquire about whether a facility has security protocols like alarm systems, cameras and self-locking doors in place.
Paying for Assisted Living in Arlington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Arlington start around $2,984 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Arlington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Arlington
Low-income seniors in Arlington have access to three programs that can help cover the cost of assisted living: Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income and Texas Community Care for Aged/Disabled.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Arlington
Arlington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Arlington, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Arlington
Arlington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Arlington, TX
Other Options in Arlington, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Arlington
Review of The Waterford on Cooper
Games, bingo, or Pokeno, card games, jigsaw puzzles. We have "classes", like Name That Tune, What's News, wellness classes, and music. Menu chat meetings with Chef Warren. Read more
Review of Bethesda Gardens Assisted Living, Arlington
Great small community with a very caring staff. Took great care of my mother through very trying times due to Covid and significant health issues. Very professional and responsive. Read more
Review of Meadow View Assisted Living
I wss mislead by director about activities to come. Promised 3 new washers at x-mas. We got 1.So 1 washer w/ blk. Mold i reported 1 mth ago 1 new. 2 run dn. Dryers for 80 residents. That flr. Leak... Read more