12 Assisted Living Facilities near Mansfield, TX
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mansfield area, with 6 in Mansfield and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mansfield is $3,150 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Burleson with an average starting cost of $2,961.
To help you with your search, browse the 81 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mansfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mansfield 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Midlothian with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 17 families in Mansfield find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mansfield, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Mansfield, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mansfield
Quaint Mansfield has developed from a farming community to a thriving suburb in the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex. Seniors have plenty of activities, both enjoying the vibrant downtown area and engaging with others at events such as the Senior Picnics. There are twelve total assisted living facilities in the Mansfield area, providing a range of care options from assistance with activities of daily living to help with memory care.
In Mansfield, as in all of Texas, assisted living facilities are regulated by the Department of Health and Human Services and licensed based on residents' ability to evacuate the facility in an emergency and whether nighttime attendance is necessary. Two different tier levels are established, with residents housed according to their level of independence.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mansfield
Weather in North Texas means long, hot summers and mild winters. Many seniors find relief in the warm, dry air, although those especially sensitive to heat should take precautions in the summer. High temperatures in July average around 95 degrees, while lows temp in January average around 35 degrees.
- The cost of living in Mansfield is 108.5, based on a U.S. average of 100. Both housing and healthcare costs are noticeably higher than the national average. While housing prices may not affect seniors in assisted living, those with persistent health conditions should take note of the costs.
- Crime rates, both violent and property-related, are lower than the national average in Mansfield. Violent crime rates are 26.2, compared to a U.S. average of 31.1, while property crime rates are 28.8 compared to the U.S. average of 38.1. Petty theft and car break-ins are the most common, although this shouldn't affect seniors that reside in assisted living communities.
- While there is no public transportation system in Mansfield proper, seniors may have access to Uber and Lyft. Once in Fort Worth or Dallas, the DART is available for bus and rail travel. The Dallas Area Regional Transit system offers reduced rates for seniors. Those with VA benefits or a qualifying disability may also receive the free service.
- The Mansfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kindred Hospital and Texas Methodist Hospital branches, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Mansfield, a suburb of Fort Worth, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mansfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Mansfield start around $3,150 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mansfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mansfield
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services provides placement and partial financial assistance for seniors who need help with assisted living costs. Those who are on Medicaid or Medicare, or who are entitled to SSI income, may be eligible for assisted living financing. This program is called STAR+PLUS and serves specific areas of the state, providing an alternative to nursing facility placement and covering the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mansfield
Mansfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mansfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mansfield
Mansfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Mansfield, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mansfield
Review of Walnut Creek
Walnut Creek seems nice, and it's working for us. My husband's apartment is very clean. The staff is friendly. The food is nice and satisfying. They have bingo and cards, and that's pretty much wha... Read more
Review of Highlands Village Senior Living
The place is very nice, clean and staff are very pleasant, went all out to show me the place, the food looks yummy. spoke to the residents present and they said that they enjoyed the food. Read more
Review of Cedar Bluff Assisted Living & Memory Care
The Staff and residents are very friendly! the facility is VERY clean. Read more