27 Assisted Living Facilities near Cedar Hill, TX
Also serving communities of Duncanville.
There are 27 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cedar Hill area, with 3 in Cedar Hill and 24 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cedar Hill is $2,848 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Desoto with an average starting cost of $2,670.
To help you with your search, browse the 132 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cedar Hill. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cedar Hill 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Desoto with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Cedar Hill find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cedar Hill, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Cedar Hill, TX
24 Assisted Living Facilities near Cedar Hill, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cedar Hill
Nestled near beautiful Joe Pool Lake, Cedar Hill is a peaceful, quiet suburb in the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex. Located to the southwest of Dallas, Cedar Hill is a safe community with small town charm, yet close enough for big city convenience. It's a popular choice for retires with 12.6 percent of the city's population of 48,000 being seniors aged 60 and over. There are 13 assisted living facilities near the Cedar Hill community. In Cedar Hill, as in all of Texas, assisted living facilities are regulated by the Department of Health and Human Services and licensed based on residents' abilities to evacuate the facility in an emergency and whether night time attendance is necessary. Facilities are divided into two tiers depending on the residents' levels of independence.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cedar Hill
- Cedar Hill is ideal for seniors who enjoy long, hot summers and mild winters. July high temperatures average 95 degrees, while January lows average around 35.
- Cedar Hill's cost of living is 95, compared to the national average of 100. Housing is 20 percent lower and grocery costs are about even. Health care is 17 percent higher than the national average.
- Violent crime rates in Cedar Hill are less than half the national average, while property crimes are about ten percent higher. Seniors may enjoy the safety of the small, close-knit community but are advised to take care with their possessions.
- Seniors in Cedar Hill may make use of the Dallas area regional transit service which has both light rail and bus lines. The DART offers reduced rates for seniors. Those with VA benefits or a qualifying disability may receive free service.
- This area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Texas Health Hospital emergency complex and Methodist Family Health Center hospital branches, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Cedar Hill, as a suburb of Dallas, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cedar Hill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Cedar Hill start around $2,848 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cedar Hill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cedar Hill
Many seniors who receive SSI income or Medicaid or Medicare benefits may be eligible for assisted living financial aid from the state of Texas. Texas's STAR+PLUS waiver is a Medicaid program that helps cover the costs of assisted living. The program isn't available for all seniors and only covers parts of the state.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cedar Hill
Cedar Hill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cedar Hill, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cedar Hill
Cedar Hill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Cedar Hill, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cedar Hill
Review of Crescent Place
Crescent Place is a very nice community. It's a newer community than the place my sister moved in to, and also much larger. It's a little bit more expensive also. They have a chapel. On the day we ... Read more
Review of Cedar Hills Senior Living
Cedar Hill Senior Living was nice. During the tour, they said that they have activities for the residents. Their apartments were a little bit smaller scale than the community we ended up choosing. Read more
Review of Crescent Place
I visited the assisted living of Crescent Place. And I was very impressed with the management, the leadership and how the place worked from my overall perspective upon walking in. The rooms are ver... Read more