17 Assisted Living Facilities near Lancaster, TX
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lancaster area, with 6 in Lancaster and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lancaster is $2,312 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 30 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lancaster. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lancaster 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Midlothian with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lancaster, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lancaster, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lancaster
Located in the southern part of the sprawling Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex is Lancaster, Texas, a smaller suburb located about 15 miles from downtown Dallas. The community has a newly built Senior Life Center, with classes, arts and crafts, fitness opportunities, including a pool, and even a large stage where members present plays and musicals that are open to all senior citizens. The population of Lancaster is 39,000, with 9% of this number being seniors aged 65 and older. These seniors will likely need accommodations in one of Lancaster's six assisted living facilities.
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services regulates and licenses these facilities. Adult living communities are divided into two types, depending on the level of care residents require. Assisted living facilities are considered Type A, meaning that residents do not require overnight supervision or staff assistance to evacuate in case of an emergency.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lancaster
- Lancaster residents enjoy long hot summers and winters with little snow. Seniors in assisted living who have health conditions aggravated by colder weather may find the warm weather brings relief. However, the July high temperatures, regularly reaching into the 90s and 100s, may be uncomfortable for other people.
- Lancaster's cost of living is just slightly higher than the national average, at 104 compared to 100. Housing costs here are some of the lowest in the DFW metroplex, 88 compared to the baseline of 100. This may make assisted living fees less too, as the operating costs for the homes could be less than other suburbs in the area.
- The state of Texas has no income tax, including income from Social Security benefits and retirement accounts. This may help seniors budgeting for assisted living.
- Seniors in Lancaster may make use of the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) public transportation system. Reduced fares for the light rails and buses are available, as is para-transport.
- Lancaster is home to world-class medical facilities, including Crescent Medical Center Lancaster and UT Southwestern Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lancaster, as a suburb of Dallas, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lancaster
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Lancaster start around $2,312 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lancaster and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lancaster
Lancaster residents, as Texas residents, may be eligible for the STAR+PLUS program, available for seniors who receive Social Security benefits or are enrolled in Medicare or Medicaid. The Texas Department of Health and Human Services executes this program; however, it has a limit for enrollees and is not available in all areas of the state.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lancaster
Lancaster and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lancaster, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lancaster
Lancaster-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lancaster, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lancaster
Review of Meadow Creek Senior Living
Meadow Creek Senior Living had a better nursing staff and was a bigger facility. There was a lot of activity and you could see people doing things. They were playing some music, and the residents l... Read more
Review of A Daughter's Care - Cedarbrook House
A Daughter's Care was very nice. They offer everything that they advertise as far as medication management, assistance with ADL, food prep, and all of those things. Because of COVID, the tour was l... Read more
Review of Windsor Gardens
Everything up to this point with my mother has been awesome! She's always clean and dry. They keep a good eye on her. Job well done! Read more