10 Assisted Living Facilities near Waxahachie, TX
Also serving communities of Ennis.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Waxahachie area, with 3 in Waxahachie and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Waxahachie is $4,033 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,650. Cheaper nearby regions include Desoto with an average starting cost of $2,725.
To help you with your search, browse the 51 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Waxahachie. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Waxahachie 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Midlothian with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waxahachie, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Waxahachie, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waxahachie
Waxahachie is a southern suburb in the Dallas, Texas, metroplex. The small community is known for its Richardson Romanesque courthouse and restored Victorian and Queen Anne houses. The population of Waxahachie is 33,240, 13% of whom are seniors 65 years and older. This population may need to transition into an assisted living facility as they age. In order to accommodate these seniors, there are the facilities in Waxahachie and five more nearby.
In Waxahachie, as in all of Texas, assisted living communities are licensed and regulated by the state's Department of Health and Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waxahachie
- Weather in Waxahachie includes long, hot summers, with July high temperatures reaching into the 90s. Winters are mild, with little snow and January lows in the high 30s. While seniors with health conditions aggravated by cold weather may find relief here, those sensitive to high heat might be uncomfortable.
- The cost of living in Waxahachie is 110.2, compared to the US average of 100. This is one of the more affordable Dallas suburbs, which is something that seniors on a budget may wish to consider.
- Violent crime rates in Waxahachie are lower than the national average, 13 compared to the US average of 22.7. Property crimes, however, are higher, rating at 40.1 compared to a US average of 35.4. While much of the property crime in the community is car break-ins and petty theft, seniors are still advised to use caution, especially when venturing into Dallas proper.
- Waxahachie residents are serviced by the Dallas Area Regional Transit (DART) system. It offers reduced rates for seniors aged 65 and over.
- The Waxahachie area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Waxahachie, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Waxahachie, as a suburb of Dallas, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waxahachie
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Waxahachie start around $4,033 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waxahachie and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waxahachie
Seniors in Waxahachie may be eligible for assisted living placement services from the Texas Department of Health and Human Services, depending on the individual's budget and the level of care required. Seniors who receive Medicaid, Medicare or SSI income, may also be eligible for assisted living financing. This STAR+PLUS program is available in specific areas of the state and includes partial payment for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waxahachie
Waxahachie and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waxahachie, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waxahachie
Waxahachie-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Waxahachie, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Waxahachie
Review of Morada Waxahachie
Over the course of several years, my family & I visited many assisted living, skilled nursing facilities, and even residential small group homes in Texas. We explored the Dallas-Fort Worth metr... Read more
Review of Brookdale Waxahachie
I'm in Brookdale Waxahachie. The staff is nice and the people who live here are nice. I feel like I'm in a college dorm room. We have an activity director and she's pretty good. She keeps us pretty... Read more
Review of Morada Waxahachie
I toured Morada Waxahachie and it was clean, bright, and inviting. The staff was very kind too. The actual person I needed to speak with was not there, but the ladies in the front office were very ... Read more