Walnut Creek Assisted Living & Memory Care Mansfield, TX

Reviews of Walnut Creek Assisted Living & Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Walnut Creek Assisted Living & Memory Care

May 17, 2019

By Diane

Walnut Creek was lovely. They explained everything to us and showed us the room. My mother's name was on the door even though she's not there yet. She will be in assisted living -- the first level -- because she doesn't require a lot of help right now. When I visited it was clean and everybody seemed happy. They told me her room was going to be completely overhauled with a new carpet and new paint. The staff was very kind, knowledgeable, and supportive. The dining area was pleasant. They take them places, they play bingo, music, and they have happy hour. They have transportation to Target, Wal-Mart, out to lunch, and to the doctors' office. I have a friend whose mother-in-law stays there for respite care all the time, and that was the biggest reason for me going there. It's a nice small facility, it's all on one level, easy to get to, and the people responded right away.

March 13, 2019

By sosad222

Within the last few months the food had gone for bad to worse. The director doesn’t listen to the residents and will not make the necessary changes to improve the quality of the food being served. It’s so sad because otherwise we’re happy here. You just cannot eat what they serve. Seems like they are understaffed also, poor employees are spread to thin. They’ve had a big turnover in staff in the last few months also. So sad because it a nice size facility and alway smells and looks clean.

July 07, 2017

By normag

Please do not place your loved one at this facility. You can not judge a book by it's cover. Your loved ones are not getting the care that they need nor the care that you or someone is paying for. The staff that cares the the residents are not trained to take care of them as they should. The is not a nurse on site 24/7 as advertised. The directors of this facility do not know how to manage. Your loved ones deserve the best of care now. Due to the lack of management skills there are cost cutting initiatives that are affecting the residents care. You are not getting what you are paying for. When you take a tour, ask to speak to other residents. Ask the right questions. I am not a disgruntled person. I am looking out for the best interest your loved one. I am extremely disappointed in the Walnut Creek assisted living facility. It is a very nice facility, but that is all.

March 04, 2017

By Karen731475

Walnut Creek was very nice. It was well kept and smelled fine, The rooms were convenient and fairly reasonably priced. All memory care is expensive, but they were a little less expensive than some of the other options. We are no longer there because my dad has passed away. The leadership, like the executive director, were great, but the hands-on staff was less professional than I would have preferred. They made some errors that if they had been better trained, they wouldn’t have made those mistakes.

February 11, 2017

By Willie388375

Walnut Creek was good. It was clean and friendly, and people there were very courteous. The facility was located in a nice area. I liked the fact that they offered so many different programs. The place was clean, the people were friendly, and the presentation was OK. It wasn’t over-the-top, but it was acceptable.

February 11, 2017

By Chow460827

Walnut Creek was a nice facility, and the tour was fine. They were very cordial. The dining area seemed clean, and it seemed like they have good food, but I haven’t had a taste of it. I was just touring and talking to the executive director.

May 10, 2016

By Edith9

I can say that the people at Walnut Creek Assisted Living are Texas-friendly. They were very good with my mother, made her feel like a million dollars, and made my brother feel very comfortable. Everything was nice, clean, and tidy. They have about 50 people and all kinds of activities, like singing and community meals. They had a community living room and crafts, some bingo, and computers. Of all three places that I visited, this one was perfect. I'd like to live there myself.

May 29, 2014

We've already placed her in Walnut Creek. It's very clean, very well run, and efficient. The staff was very knowledgeable. It's super clean and reasonably spacious. She eats the food every day, so it's OK. She's in the memory care unit.

August 10, 2012

By Linda15

I've visited this facility and I really love the place. They have very nice amenities. They really have very good programs and activities for their residents. The people and staff were nice and very helpful. As to what I've seen, they really take good care of their residents and they provide a very high quality of service. They are very professional and passionate about their work. I would likely choose this facility once my dad is ready to move in to this situation.

Memory Care Reviews for Walnut Creek Assisted Living & Memory Care

Costs for Walnut Creek Assisted Living & Memory Care

Photos of Walnut Creek Assisted Living & Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Walnut Creek Assisted Living & Memory Care

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Walnut Creek Assisted Living & Memory Care

At Walnut Creek, residents enjoy an active, engaging lifestyle that promotes wellness and independence. It is our goal to keep our residents linked to resources and opportunities that will fulfill their needs and interests in the Mansfield area. Residents have many opportunities to participate in a variety of life-enriching activities and events designed to stimulate the mind, body and soul.

Assisted Living is truly authentic at Walnut Creek. We believe that Assisted Living is to be delivered in a dignified manner where privacy and choice are celebrated and practiced. Care delivery is done in your apartment home and may include personal hygiene, assistance with medication management, dressing, reminders and other care needs or preferences. Our Life Enrichment coordinator will create opportunities for personal enjoyment but will also encourage your abilities and interests to thrive. Our Chef will create an atmosphere that allows culinary arts to be enjoyed in a true restaurant setting with fabulous menus with daily specials and our local every day menus, in a variety of venues.

Our services are created to meet your needs:
  • Medication assistance and management
  • Regular assessment and service planning
  • Bathing, dressing, grooming, and other self-image enhancements
  • Mobility, Escorts and reminders
  • Dining and Social or activities assistance
  • Care coordination and other health care management assistance
  • And much, much more

Walnut Creek includes a specially designed neighborhood to serve the special needs of individuals living with Alzheimer's disease, dementia and other forms of memory loss. Every day we make it a goal to go above and beyond to enrich the lives of our residents. With our SPARK Lifestyle program, a Montessori-inspired philosophy for care, we create a specialized, life-enriching environment that affords each individual maximum self-expression.

Our comprehensive services may include:
  • Medication assistance and management
  • Regular assessment and service planning
  • Bathing, dressing, grooming, and other self-image enhancements
  • Mobility, Escorts and reminders
  • Dining and Social or activities assistance
  • Care coordination and other health care management assistance
  • Engaging and Montessori-Inspired Methods in the Life Enrichment Programming
  • Spacious Private with a Private Bathroom or Private with a Shared Bathroom Apartments
  • Many communities offer care for special budget concerns including state-assistance programs for assisted living and memory care

Our talented team of dedicated and caring staff are there when you need them. It can be different…let us show you how.

Map of Walnut Creek Assisted Living & Memory Care