11 Assisted Living Facilities near Burleson, TX
Also serving communities of Crowley.
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Burleson area, with 4 in Burleson and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Burleson is $2,961 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 55 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Burleson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Burleson 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mansfield with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Burleson find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Burleson, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Burleson, TX
7 Assisted Living Facilities near Burleson, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Burleson
Burleson, Texas, is a fast-growing suburb of Fort Worth, part of the sprawling DFW metroplex. Many retirees can be seen spending time in historic Old Town or making new friends at the Burleson Senior Center, where the monthly dances are especially popular.
The Burleson area boasts 35 total assisted living facilities, providing residents with daily living assistance, mobility, and medical supervision in some cases. Texas's Assisted Living facilities are regulated by the Department of Health and Human Services. They are licensed in two tiers: Type A which houses residents that require no overnight attention and are able to evacuate in an emergency, and Type B, where residents require more care and staff assistance for emergencies.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Burleson
Burleson weather consists of hot, dry summers and mild winters. For seniors with chronic health conditions alleviated by warmth, Burleson is ideal; however, seniors who are sensitive to extreme heat may have their conditions aggravated.
- The cost of living in Burleson is 96, based on a US average of 100. While housing prices and grocery costs are below the national average, healthcare cost is significantly higher; seniors with chronic health conditions or frequent emergent needs may struggle.
- Burleson is very safe for seniors, as the violent crime rate is much lower than the national average. Property crime, however, is slightly higher. While many in assisted living may not have to worry about car theft or break-ins, seniors are still advised to secure their belongings.
- Burleson residents may be eligible for paratransit service from Cletran - an ADA compliant bus line serving the Johnson County area. In addition, those who travel to Dallas or Ft. Worth may make use of the Dallas Area Regional Transit. The DART offers reduced rates for seniors aged 65 and over. For those under 65, reduced rates are available with a qualifying disability.
- The Burleson area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baylor Emergency Medical Center and Texas Health Burleson hospital branches, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Burleson, a suburb of Ft. Worth, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Burleson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Burleson start around $2,961 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Burleson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Burleson
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services can help seniors on a limited income with placement in an assisted living center that suits their level of care. Seniors on Medicaid or Medicare, or those receiving SSI income or VA benefits, may also qualify for partial payment of their assisted living fees. This occurs through the STAR+PLUS serves specific areas of the state, with benefits that include partial payment for assisted living or nursing home care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Burleson
Burleson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Burleson, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Burleson
Burleson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Burleson, TX
Other Options in Burleson, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Burleson
Review of Covenant Place of Burleson
Our experience at Covenant Place of Burleson has been great. the place is one floor, and my mom is right down from the cafeteria. They bring her meals if she wants to eat in her room. The food is g... Read more
Review of Covenant Place of Burleson
I was in Covenant Place of Burleson. It's assisted living and you have your own apartment. It was a very nice community. Everybody that worked there was very nice and helpful. They were very good. ... Read more
Review of Mustang Creek Estates - Burleson
One of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make was the decision to put my wife in assisted living. I made the decision to place her at Mustang Creek of Burleson and what a great decision. The c... Read more