46 Assisted Living Facilities near North Richland Hills, TX
Also serving communities of Richland Hills, Watauga.
There are 46 Assisted Living Facilities in the North Richland Hills area, with 5 in North Richland Hills and 41 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in North Richland Hills is $3,300 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Keller with an average starting cost of $3,106.
To help you with your search, browse the 381 reviews below for assisted living facilities in North Richland Hills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in North Richland Hills 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Southlake with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in North Richland Hills find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in North Richland Hills, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in North Richland Hills, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in North Richland Hills
North Richland Hills, Texas, has made Money magazine's "Top 100 Best Places to live in America" list. It is a suburb of Fort Worth with a population of a little over 70,000 citizens, 14 percent over the age of 65. There are 45 assisted living communities in the area and four assisted living residences within the city limits.
The Texas Health and Human Services department licenses and oversees assisted living facilities (ALF) and divides them into two levels of care, Type A facility and Type B facility. The most pronounced difference between the levels of care is patients who can and cannot be left alone overnight.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in North Richland Hills
- Seniors and their families can save money in Texas since there isn't a state tax on income. Seniors, over the age of 65, can benefit from some of the homestead tax laws in Texas that reduce or eliminate the amount paid in property taxes.
- North Richland Hills enjoys mild winters with temperatures in the mid-50s. Summers are hot and humid with highs in the high-80s and low-90s. Spring comes early to this community, so seniors who enjoy gardening can spend more time on their hobby.
- The North Richland Hills area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Medical City North Hills Hospital and Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- In 2016, North Richland Hills withdrew from the Fort Worth Transportation Authority (the FWTA), and it's public transit system. However, the city does offer essential transportation for seniors over the age of 60. It provides transportation Monday through Saturday throughout the day, but seniors must schedule their transportation needs in advance.
- North Richland Hills is a relatively safe community for seniors and other residents with a crime index of 29, so seniors and their families can rest easy. A resident's chance of becoming a victim of a crime in this town is half of what it is for the rest of Texas.
- The cost of living in this town is a little higher than the national average with the overall costs 14 percent higher. However, the town scores lower than the national average in both healthcare and grocery costs. Lower healthcare costs are a concern for seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in North Richland Hills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in North Richland Hills start around $3,300 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in North Richland Hills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in North Richland Hills
Seniors in North Richland Hills can get help paying for long-term care services in assisted living through the Star+Plus Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in North Richland Hills
North Richland Hills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in North Richland Hills, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in North Richland Hills Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in North Richland Hills
North Richland Hills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near North Richland Hills, TX
Other Options in North Richland Hills, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in North Richland Hills
Review of Brookdale North Richland Hills
Brookdale North Richland Hills is a very nice facility, the rooms were very small, but it's a large community. They did not believe that my mother was active enough for them. It was the closest fac... Read more
Review of Brookdale North Richland Hills
My father has moved into Brookdale North Richland Hills. Overall, the facility is wonderful and the people are very pleasant and seemed very caring, but very hands-off. I haven't found them to be a... Read more
Review of The Good Place
The Good Place was good. The director was very helpful. She showed me everything. She took a lot of time asking questions about my dad and answered all my questions adequately. It was a very good e... Read more