26 Assisted Living Facilities near Grapevine, TX
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Grapevine area, with 3 in Grapevine and 23 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Grapevine is $3,430 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Coppell with an average starting cost of $3,330.
To help you with your search, browse the 236 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Grapevine. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Grapevine 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Southlake with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Grapevine, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Grapevine, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Grapevine
Grapevine, Texas, is an upscale suburb located in the thriving Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex. Situated in the middle and to the north of both larger cities, Grapevine is close enough for big city excitement yet small enough to be an attractive location for retirees. There are 3 assisted living facilities in Grapevine proper, with 54 others in nearby suburbs. Texas assisted living facilities are regulated by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Grapevine
Weather in North Texas means long, hot summers and mild winters. Those with health conditions that are alleviated by warm weather will find relief, but the stifling summer air can be a concern for seniors with respiratory problems.
- The cost of living in Grapevine is 120, based on a U.S. average of 100. Housing is significantly higher than the rest of the country; however grocery costs are closer to the national average. Health care costs are approximately 20 percent higher than the national average. This may impact some seniors with chronic health conditions.
- The overall crime rate in Grapevine is lower than the national average. Grapevine's violent crime is about two-thirds of the U.S. average; however, property crime is higher than the average.
- The Grapevine area is home to world-class medical facilities, including a branch of the Baylor, Scott, and White hospital complex and Sagecrest Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Grapevine, a suburb of Dallas is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Grapevine residents aged 55 and over may be eligible for a free transit service sponsored by the American Red Cross. In addition, the Dallas area is served by buses and a rail line called the DART, which offers reduced rates for seniors. Those with VA benefits or a qualifying disability may also receive the free service.
Paying for Assisted Living in Grapevine
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Grapevine start around $3,430 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Grapevine and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Grapevine
The Texas Department of Health and Human Services can help seniors find assisted living homes in Grapevine, Texas, within their budget and that provide the level of care they require. Those with Medicaid, Medicare or SSI income, may be eligible for assisted living financing. The STAR+PLUS serves specific areas of the state, providing an alternative to nursing facility placement and also covers the cost of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Grapevine
Grapevine and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Grapevine, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Grapevine
Grapevine-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Grapevine, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Grapevine
Review of Dancing River
We chose Dancing River for my mother, because of the appearance and presentation of the place. It was very clean, neatly kept, it had a nice garen or area where the residents could go out, and the ... Read more
Review of Atria Grapevine
I am writing this review so that people who are trying to make the right decision with respect to their loved one. Atria Grapevine is not what they portray themselves to be. I want to first start... Read more
Review of Meadowood Assisted Living & Memory Care
My family is very pleased we chose Meadowood. What matters the most to our family is that we can trust the people who provide the care to our mom. We know that caregiving is hard and every day is n... Read more